2007 Yamaha C3 scooter

Full story: New Launches 708
The Yamaha C3 scooter seems to be an ideal choice it is powered by a 49cc liquid-cooled, SOHC 4-stroke single; 3-valve engine which runs for a long time on 1.2 gallons of gas. Full Story
First Prev
of 36
Next Last
scoobydoo

Bloomington, IN

#747 May 29, 2013
You must be at least 15. no insurance. no liscense required.no helmet required either. ride on rodes. no speed limit eccept the posted one. have fun and be safe. they don't always see you. wear bright clothing.
gabe

United States

#748 May 29, 2013
I Alabama, if it's powered by an engine and ridden on the street it must have Insurance, be registered and have a license plate...It's about $$$$:)!
Frustrated

Saint Paul, MN

#749 Jul 26, 2013
Mine does the exact same thing. If I take off the fuel cap off, it starts right up! I replaced the seal on the tank and cleaned the cap vent. Now what? The dealer says the recall was already done.....
gabe

United States

#750 Jul 27, 2013
To deal with all pump issues call Yamahas Customer Relations at 800 962 7926...Have your vin # handy...(It's on the frame, behind the small oblong panel right at ankle height, when you're sitting on your scooter.) There's a Lady Supervisor on the switchboard from 0600-1000 Hrs California time, that knows about the C3's pump issues & who's been authorizing free pump replacement, parts & labor, since I researched and found this 800 number in the fall of '08...The Fastest & Best Way to do this is to get up early and call,& call,& keep on calling asking for,"The Lady Supervisor, who's familiar with the C3 Scooter's Fuel Pump problems," until you get her! She will tell you which Dealer in your area to take your scooter to, to have your pump pressure tested & replaced...Do Not, go to a Dealer...Let Yamaha Send you to one, to expedite the process...Gabe
David Hart

Comstock Park, MI

#751 Aug 28, 2013
gabe wrote:
It doesn't matter how old your scooter is, how many miles is on the clock, if you bought it at a yard sale, or purchased it brand new...The ongoing Fuel Pump issues should have been dealt with by an Emergency Safety Recall the same as they did the Crankshaft/Connecting Rod problem...Now that it's getting hot outside again,if you're having starting, problems when cold, or after left outside in the sun...Or, if your scooter stops going down the road, or at a stop sign and may or may not restart...(800)962-7926 is the way to contact Yamaha Customer Relations with fuel pump issues...Call early in the morning 0600-1000hrs (Pacific Coast Time)& there's a lady supervisor working the phones that's aware of the history of the XF50 Scooter's Pump woes & has been authorizing pump replacement,(Parts & Labor)Have your vin# handy (It's behind the long skinny panel just in front and above your feet, when you're riding your scooter.) You have a MUCH better chance of success getting this work performed free of charge, calling this 800# FIRST and letting them contact a Dealer for you, than doing it the other way around! Gabe
Hey Gabe, I just bought 2 C3s and left one in my drive for a couple hours and then it won't start-you know the problem. Ive taken my bike to a yamaha dealer and they want $545. Ive also called yamaha cus. rel. and they said to have the dealer call and see if something could be worked out with the cost. Is this the way to work it? The bikes are 07s and this bike has only 320 miles on it, the other is 590 miles.
Gabe

United States

#752 Aug 28, 2013
I'd get my scooter away from that dealer asap...You need to call Yamaha First and let them tell you where to take your scooter...It Should Not cost you anything! Keep calling that 800# until they tell you to take it to a Dealer to have the pump pressure checked... Gabe
Caleb

Chicago, IL

#753 Feb 25, 2014
Gabe wrote:
I have 11,000 miles on my '07 model, with no issues with the forks cracking. I did have the forks overhauled with new parts + serviced with 20wt fork fluid,(Stock fluid is 10wt.) at 4,000 miles when I blew a seal.Now she rides like a much larger scooter.$$$ well spent! Has your '07 model had the Connecting rod/crankshaft recall C/W? You can call Yamaha Customer Relations at 800 962 7926 with your vin# handy.(It's behind that oblong plastic panel, right above your feet when you're riding your scooter.)If anyone has any starting or quitting,(fuel pump)issues. These are also the folks to call, instead of going to a Dealer.....Gabe
What happened at 4,000 miles ? I just bought one about a week ago or so and it has about 4,400 miles 2007yr what mainenance should I do?
Gabe

United States

#756 Aug 28, 2014
At about 2,500 miles, I bought an aftermarket exhaust from www.jiangwayne.com/ & installed it. I weighed upwards of 270lbs then, with helmet, jacket, gloves, & boots ..It had an upswept tailpipe that directed the hot exhaust towards the right side cover with my big butt on board & it was warping the plastic...So, I found an aftermarket Nitrogen over Oil shock absorber with an adjustable preload spring (Like on a motorcycle.) on EBAY...If you weigh more than 180lbs get the 235mm shock...If you're lighter, the stock 225mm length works fine...The weak factory rear shock was dealing with a lot of forces that the frame was dissipating & passing onto the rider's butt. However, the new Real Shock was vectoring these forces to the front forks...I blew the right fork seal within a thousand miles...I own two '07 C3 Scooters & have the same shock & fork mods on each scooter.The heavier fork fluid solved the problem...Gabe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 36
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Motorcycles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Honda unveils new CB Unicorn 160 Dec 19 Gerald Vonberger 1
The Other "Captain America" Rides a Harley (Sep '10) Dec 19 easy rider 3
Report: Harley-Davidson Livewire electric bike ... Dec 13 benswing 1
Lifan Motorcycle Owners Unite! (Sep '07) Dec 10 juan 238
A few spare parts put old Harley on parade Dec 7 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Rider captured speeding 53 times in one month c... Dec 7 EBF0082 1
Biker angered at huge repair bill after Harley ... (Sep '09) Dec 6 razzell2 40
More from around the web