Sikh motorcyclist challenges turban ban in Canada

Feb 16, 2008 Read more: Toronto News.Net 21

“Roads and riding a motorcycle are something that is available to everybody in Ontario provided they wear a helmet. But that condition makes it impossible for Mr. Bedesha and everybody of the Sikh religion. That amounts to discrimination.”

Toronto News.Net Saturday 16th February, 2008 A Toronto area Sikh, who was fined for driving a motorcycle without a helmet, has taken his battle to court for his right to wear a turban. via Toronto News.Net

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kell

Toronto, Canada

#21 Jun 12, 2013
I saw some of the cyclists riding on the roads without helmet. Let SIKHS ride their motorcycles with their turban. Atleast they have something on their head rather than nothing.

I think driving a motorcycle is always a safety issue or dangerous. What will happen if any person with helmet or turban won't get hurt on the head but badly injured on the other parts of the body or lost their leg or arm. It doesn't mean that motorcycles should be banned for driving. " Drive only cars"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Motorcycles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager/Nomad Review (Jun '09) Apr 12 Traveller2008 32
News Lifan Motorcycle Owners Unite! (Sep '07) Apr 1 Tripp78 242
Please, What Is This? Please? Mar 20 Make My Own Testo... 1
News Making customized motorcycle engines becomes - ... Mar '15 GUnner Fubar 2
News 11 UFO Photos Unearthed From the Air Force's... Mar '15 Nutters Compass 2
News Triumph showcases Tiger XCx and XRx in India Feb '15 emily 1
News Indy Mile: Gasolina's custom SR400 Tracker Feb '15 Brudda Foo 1
More from around the web