The Fury - Honda builds a chopper

The Fury - Honda builds a chopper

There are 41 comments on the Gizmag story from Jan 17, 2009, titled The Fury - Honda builds a chopper. In it, Gizmag reports that:

Though no-one outside Honda has ridden it yet, we'd suggest that it will be the best handling, sweetest running, most comfortable, most reliable chopper the world has yet seen, lacking just one thing - a Harley ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gizmag.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
daota01

Louisville, KY

#1 Jan 17, 2009
Well if you want a "real" chopper, buy AMERICAN, jap chops suck, but That just my thoughts....
Dino

La Puente, CA

#2 Jan 18, 2009
You can't buy a chopper...

Since: Jul 08

United States

#3 Jan 18, 2009
probably bad timing for Honda to come out with this bike now, given how luxury spending is down. I don't believe that many will be throwing down 15-20k for a factory chopper...
Tom

Tecumseh, Canada

#4 Jan 18, 2009
mattsnever wrote:
probably bad timing for Honda to come out with this bike now, given how luxury spending is down. I don't believe that many will be throwing down 15-20k for a factory chopper...
You could be right. On the other hand, if they want to sell new bikes, something like this will probably go over pretty well to newer riders looking for a chopper-style bike. They were smart to keep costs down on this bike, as anyone looking to spend serious $$ on a bike like this will either go HD or one-off custom. JMHO.
daota01

Glasgow, KY

#5 Jan 18, 2009
it might be a good thing for honda, but maybe we should support our own countries builders.
Hog Wild

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jan 18, 2009
Buy American!
Irover

United States

#7 Jan 19, 2009
Honda is doing what they alway do, introduce a new
model, build a limited production run, and build
sales over years. At least they have something NEW,
not the same-old\same-old motor company.

Since: Jul 08

United States

#8 Jan 19, 2009
Hog Wild wrote:
Buy American!
I agree with you 100%... however if this bikes comes in at 15k while the closest thing HD makes is the Rocker (which i admire) then folks will be looking at the difference in dollars and might go with Honda.... I would have bought a Rocker last summer if the price was more in line with their other bikes at 15K....

“Ride free”

Since: Nov 07

Asheville

#9 Jan 19, 2009
To me this bike looks like a Victory Vegas, H-D's Rocker is a much better looking bike.
Tom

Tecumseh, Canada

#10 Jan 19, 2009
US Biker wrote:
To me this bike looks like a Victory Vegas, H-D's Rocker is a much better looking bike.
Hey, US Biker! I agree. I think it will sell to those starting out, but serious buyers will go with either HD or domestically made one offs. Hope all is well.
daota01

Louisville, KY

#11 Jan 19, 2009
Irover, I understand you like honda, they might bring something "new" but so has the american builders, but Harley davidson has been around over hundred years the doing the same old thing, if it works do it. I have owend hondas, yamahas, but there is nothing like a harley, imports want to be like them, but they are not. i am not against there bikes, a true biker loves to ride, no matter what brand, but I am an american and this day and time, we need to support our own.

Since: Jan 09

Hialeah, FL

#12 Jan 19, 2009
It looks cool but I still think that foreign bikes will never break into the chopper market where only American can rule.
Irover

Swedesboro, NJ

#13 Jan 20, 2009
udsoidjes, They used to say that about Honda and
heavy motorcycles, where the GullWing is considered
the best touring bike. Saw the Fury at the NY motorcycle Expo this weekend. A Sharp bike, feels good to the seat. at 13-15k I am sure they will find
a market.
Irover

United States

#14 Jan 20, 2009
daota01, I own two Harley's. And I would have bought a third but lets be honest. Since 07 Harley has been selling a bike that overheats and has to be significantly modified to make it ridable. Supporting mediocrity is not a way to make HD survive and grow! Damit, they have the technology, what they need is new leadership to make them a leader in the industry not an after-thought selling
"lifestyle".
Dino

La Puente, CA

#15 Jan 21, 2009
The overheating issue is something that is a inherent to the air-cooled engine and the latest regs from the EPA. They have to be run so lean its insane. I bought my wife a 2007 Kawasaki 500 for Christmas. Damn thing, won't even run right because of the way the carbs are set up. Way too lean from the factory.
Irover

Swedesboro, NJ

#16 Jan 21, 2009
Dino, first I have heard of the problem, have you
spoken to Kawasaki, maybe a dealer problem that the bike is set up wrong. As to heat being
inherent to air cooled engines, you are 100% correct. Harley Davidson should know this better then anyone. They where aware of the coming EPA regs long before the introduction of their new engines. Those regs are not just sprung on the industry, they are subject to
comment and discuss for many months before being enacted. Why then did HD foster their hot box's on
the riding public? Could Victory's new introduction have cause premature intro ?? And
guess what, the next round of EPA regs will be
even harder. But not to worry, HD will have a
complete line of asbestos riding gear.....
Dino

La Puente, CA

#17 Jan 22, 2009
To be honest, I think HD has a very loyal following. Changing to liquid cooling wouldn't sit well with them. So, they're putting it off as long as possible...

They do have two liquid cooled engines in their line-up. I don't know how well they're selling. The V-Rod seems to have found a following though.

As for the Buell 1125 thing. It still too new to tell.

No, I haven't taken the bike to Kawasaki. Wife rarely rides it. I got it for her Christmas of 2007, today? It has 47 miles on it. Not like there hasn't been time. I've been lazy...
Irover

Swedesboro, NJ

#18 Jan 22, 2009
Dino, if you read some of the posts on Water Cooled
you will find that some of HD loyal following are
getting fed up with Harley and their hot box engines. With the economy down, many of the posers are out of the market leaving those who want new technology now. Remember, back in the last days of
AMF the loyal few could not keep the company alive. It was the introduction of the new engine that save harely. If they don't get off their butts and move into the 21 century, they may not survive this time.
Capt Don

AOL

#19 Jan 22, 2009
I agree wholeheartedly!!! There comes a time when "Its time to move on" This is one of them.Triumph re-incarnated the Bonneville for a few years very sucesfully! but it too is time to retire in style before they trash the heritage that the Bonne built over all the years.

“Ride free”

Since: Nov 07

Asheville

#20 Jan 22, 2009
Irover wrote:
Dino, if you read some of the posts on Water Cooled
you will find that some of HD loyal following are
getting fed up with Harley and their hot box engines. With the economy down, many of the posers are out of the market leaving those who want new technology now. Remember, back in the last days of
AMF the loyal few could not keep the company alive. It was the introduction of the new engine that save harely. If they don't get off their butts and move into the 21 century, they may not survive this time.
I live in NC, I haven't had any problems running hot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Motorcycles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harley-Davidson Open House Day in Bahrain invit... (Oct '14) Thu mICHEAL 4
News Should You Buy a New Harley Davidson (Nov '07) Wed Phillip123 552
News Russian 'Night Wolves' bikers banned from Germany Jul 28 Robert Godau 5
News Roadside farm stands lure shoppers Jul 27 indigo 1
News Lifan Motorcycle Owners Unite! (Sep '07) Jul 22 Teffeteller51 248
News Walker looks to build momentum in for early pri... Jul 17 Billy 1
News 11 UFO Photos Unearthed From the Air Force's... Jul 16 kinkybiker 3
More from around the web