For bike enthusiast, Mid-America Moto...

For bike enthusiast, Mid-America Motorcycle Expo has it all

There are 9 comments on the Evansville Courier & Press story from Jan 22, 2012, titled For bike enthusiast, Mid-America Motorcycle Expo has it all. In it, Evansville Courier & Press reports that:

PHOTOS BY ERIN McCRACKEN / COURIER & PRESS Tim Banks puts his grandson Kash Lanham, 2, on a custom bike Banks built, to test it out at the 2012 Mid-America Motorcycle Expo at The Centre on Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evansville Courier & Press.

Chance

Owensboro, KY

#1 Jan 22, 2012
Wonder what Jimmy R was stolen this year? Last year he over charged some vendors and pocketed money that didn't belong to him. He also stole all the Lucas Oil that was to be given out as door prizes, that's why they backed out as a sponsor this year.
Insider

Ashburn, VA

#2 Jan 23, 2012
Chance wrote:
Wonder what Jimmy R was stolen this year? Last year he over charged some vendors and pocketed money that didn't belong to him. He also stole all the Lucas Oil that was to be given out as door prizes, that's why they backed out as a sponsor this year.
Just so everyone knows, Jimmy R doesn't handle any of the finances for the show as well as most events that he is involved in! He works as a Volunteer and puts alot of work into everything he does!!

He proves this by helping promote successful events just like the Mid America Motorcyle Expo and Weekly Bike Nights along with Charity Events!!!
Jimmy R

Port Orange, FL

#4 Jan 23, 2012
Chance, show your real name, If you think you know so much about me, why are you hiding behind a screen name. I will be more than happy to set the record straight.

Yvette Moore owns the show,all payments were made to cycleworks C/O Yevette Moore. at the show she had a staff of ladies working all registration, I was not even close to that all weekend long, last year or this year. all funds were handled by her staff, not my helpers,,, Did you know Yvette had an office in the centre for her bookkeeping and such? Who had the safe? wasn't me?

As far as stealing oil, I recruited the Lucas sponsorship, I used all items they gave for door prizes and at the awards ceremony. After the show the regional Lucas rep gave me the leftover items to use at other events as promotional tools for Lucas, your just crying because you did not get any for yourself to keep at home.

The reason Lucas did not return was because of a lack of recognition for the money invested in the show. They had their nationally sponsored bike builder there & a pulling truck, along with the owners custom built Lucas oil bike. and they got very little press!

FYI if I was so wrong, why would Yvette have me back for 2012, and already committed 2013 to me! I think you need to quit repeating rumors and get the facts. Tim Owns Cycle Works Choppers/ Yvette Owns Cycle Works Promotions, Yvette Owns Kentucky Bikefest rights also.

Tim and I have always had a good working relationship and friendship, some people think we were against each other last summer, we were not, we both were just working on different projects.

As for taxes I pay mine, how about you? I am going to say this much, I have not seen a refund in 10 plus years, why because I am Honest that's why.

Now come on back with a real name, I bet you will not do that! See you at the 2013 Mid America Motorcycle Expo!
Wonderer

Owensboro, KY

#5 Jan 26, 2012
I was always under the impression that Tim owned the show.Perhaps I was wrong or things have changed hands.Whatever the case,Jimmy R had no access to the money so there can be no accusations of him stealing. He does NOT work as a volunteer at this function,but is hired by the owner(s) as a promoter and did a really nice job.So,stop hating on him.It only makes the whole biker community look like a bunch of Nancy's.The show went well,everyone got along GREAT and hopefully 2013 will be even bigger and better for Tim,Jimmy,and everyone involved.
Jimmy R

Newburgh, IN

#6 Jan 26, 2012
Wonderer wrote:
I was always under the impression that Tim owned the show.Perhaps I was wrong or things have changed hands.Whatever the case,Jimmy R had no access to the money so there can be no accusations of him stealing. He does NOT work as a volunteer at this function,but is hired by the owner(s) as a promoter and did a really nice job.So,stop hating on him.It only makes the whole biker community look like a bunch of Nancy's.The show went well,everyone got along GREAT and hopefully 2013 will be even bigger and better for Tim,Jimmy,and everyone involved.
Very Well Spoken, I thank You for posting. Indeed there have been some changes, most of which are for the better and were done to increase the future odds of the event. We have been a pert of the planning and marketing of this show since the very first one in 2007, and we are very passionate about supporting this show as well as other events that are truly good for the motorcycling community.

Again, Thank You!

Since: Jan 12

Owensboro KY

#7 Jan 27, 2012
Jimmy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Very Well Spoken, I thank You for posting. Indeed there have been some changes, most of which are for the better and were done to increase the future odds of the event. We have been a pert of the planning and marketing of this show since the very first one in 2007, and we are very passionate about supporting this show as well as other events that are truly good for the motorcycling community.
Again, Thank You!
When is the next show?
Jimmy R

Utica, KY

#8 Jan 27, 2012
The date for next Evansville Mid America Motorcycle Expo will be January 26th & 27th 2013.
Out law

Lewisport, KY

#9 Jan 31, 2012
Go brothers go, keep up with the good work there's nothing people hate worst than our loud pipes on our bikes.
Jimmy R

Richmond, KY

#10 Jan 31, 2012
Out law wrote:
Go brothers go, keep up with the good work there's nothing people hate worst than our loud pipes on our bikes.
Out law, Thank You for your support! seems everybody has something negative to say about those who keep trying to do good things. Loud Pipes are a FREEDOM STATEMENT Made by those who choose to ride, without LOUD PIPES a lot more bikers would be run over by cage drivers playing with their cell phones while driving. Six States enacted a law similar to the road construction law:

Motorcycles Sharing Lanes - According to Section 56-5-3640 (a), motorcycles are entitled to full use of a lane, and no motor vehicle shall be driven in such a manner as to deprive any motorcycle of the full use of a lane. This shall not apply to motorcycles operated two abreast in a single lane.

Fines will be increased in cases where a motor vehicle causes property damage or personal injury to a motorcyclist. ALL 50 STATES NEED TO ADOPT THIS LAW.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Motorcycles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wetzelland returning last weekend of July Aug 16 gomer 20
News Fort Lauderdale mural opens doors for artist Fr... (Feb '08) Jul '17 Red 12
News Motorcycle lover to be buried in his Harley-Dav... Jun '17 twowheelsforever 4
News Motorcycle Rental Page (Jun '07) Jun '17 Diagnostica 44
News Bikers for Trump rumble into Georgia with messa... Jun '17 Newt s Gimlet Rage 1
News Cheney touts economy, Patriot Act during Missou... (Jan '06) May '17 Empty Suit 6
News Motorcycle rider dies after losing control in O... (Sep '09) May '17 Anonymous 28
More from around the web