New GEL putters are loud but effectiv...

New GEL putters are loud but effective; new Top-Flites work well

There are 5 comments on the The Charlotte Observer story from Apr 6, 2007, titled New GEL putters are loud but effective; new Top-Flites work well. In it, The Charlotte Observer reports that:

If nothing else, the new Groove Equipment Limited putters will get you noticed on the practice green.The bright yellow and light blue headcover and grip make you look like a UCLA Bruins fan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Charlotte Observer.

Blair Philip

Denver, CO

#1 Apr 18, 2007
Regarding Gel Putters,

how do you know that they are based on the YES! C-Groove design?

Just want to know wwhich is which.

Thanks

Blair Philip
Victoria BC Canada
swifty sue

UK

#2 Jul 4, 2007
The owner of GEl (groove putters) is alec pettigrew and used to work for yes putters according to national golf club golfer mag august 2007. best wishes swifty sue , home of shakespeare in england
HOOK

Calgary, Canada

#3 Jul 15, 2007
I dont care what kind of putter you are using the ball is still going to skid and bounce. The grooves on a putter dont control foot prints, spike marks, ball marks or the grain on your greens, grooves also dont control a bad puting stroke. You could have the best putter in the world, if you cant stroke it properly the ball will skid and bounce.

Yes technology is good and helps those who know how to help themselves, but if you cant stroke a putt or swing your club it doesnt matter what you have in your hands. You might as well be swinging a a rock tied to the end of a stick.

So for all of you out there looking to spend all your money on gear, try spending it on a really good teacher that can show you how to swing your clubs and stroke your putter cause unless you can do it its money down the drain, you might as well use it to light fires with.
HOOK

Calgary, Canada

#4 Jul 15, 2007
Put time into finding a good teacher. Just because your a pro doesnt mean you can teach. To become a pro or to teach in Alberta all you have to do is go out over a 2 day period and shoot better than 155 (77, 78) which I think is brutal, myself and half the guys I play with could do that with there eyes closed. They will give a card to ANYBODY UP HERE! Its a bit of a joke but hey I dont make the rules.
Sean - Deep Rough

Edison, NJ

#5 Jul 26, 2007
The Grip is definitely loud, and the putter head designs are definitely interesting. The insert not a gimmick, it actually does help reduce the skid at impact (assuming you have a decent stroke). No, it doesn't help avoid ball marks and foot prints ;)
I recently wrote a somewhat lengthy review of the Diamond version of this putter:
http://www.deeprough.com/index.php/2007/07/24...
Enjoy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

More Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Female Wrestling Catfights (Feb '14) Dec 27 Steel Kittens 18
Amateur Female Wrestling? (May '15) Oct '16 Steve 3
Mixed Wrestling (Jan '15) Oct '16 Steve 5
Pro-Style Female Wrestling (Aug '14) Feb '15 mixedman 5
News Greenwell just misses cut (Jul '14) Jul '14 where will 9 acre... 1
wrestling coupons (Apr '14) Apr '14 sports_wwe 1
An interesting sport site! (Apr '14) Apr '14 tailor1972 1
More from around the web