Toney Wanted Lesnar, Turned Down Kimbo, Settled on Couture

Jul 28, 2010 Full story: MMAFighting.com

When boxing champion James Toney first signed with the UFC, he didn't see any reason he shouldn't get a heavyweight title shot.

Full Story
Eric

Morganton, NC

#1 Aug 9, 2010
Boxing and the UFC are two great sports. They should be kept seperate and show some respect and class! Lets don't turn these two events into a pro wrestling carnival!!
Jay

United States

#2 Aug 19, 2010
Go check out some of James Toney's videos on sherdog.com
I saw him training for the Couture fight in the vids and he is just out of shape unlike Couture, who always is in rock hard physical condition. Toney is not even cross training in his workouts and doing nothing but boxing. Even it's sloppy. It is said that he only worked on 2 grappling moves, the guillotine and rear naked choke. He's going to need more than just those 2 moves if it ever goes to the ground. And he even refuse to practice any kicks saying it's for girls. We'll see who is the girl once he receives those Thai kicks to his legs from Couture. Unless he puts away Couture very early, he has no puncher's chance of winning. With his mouth, I am hoping Couture will teach him a lesson in humility and spank him like a baby like he did with Tito Ortiz.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Randy Couture Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Video: Dana White talks 'ridiculous' matchmakin... (Aug '14) Aug '14 The First Japanes... 1
UFC Confirms Michael Bisping vs. Mark Munoz for... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Anonymous 1
UFC 142 RIO: Vitor Belfort Vs. Anthony Johnson ... (Jan '12) Jan '12 watch UFC 142 1
leave a comment (Oct '09) Jan '12 grace 4
Ryan Couture signs with Strikeforce, will debut... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Jan Shaw 1
Shaq wants in the Octagon with UFCa s Liddell (May '10) May '10 violetkisses79 1
Phillips de Pury Announces the Sale of Mrs. Har... (Apr '10) Apr '10 disgusted onlooker 1
More from around the web