I am planning a trip to Thailand in l...

I am planning a trip to Thailand in late September with my girlfriend.

There are 7 comments on the The Nation story from Jul 17, 2012, titled I am planning a trip to Thailand in late September with my girlfriend.. In it, The Nation reports that:

What I am looking for is a romantic island to propose to her! How about Koh Kood? I think it looks remote and quiet but not so sure about the weather there at that time of the year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Nation.

Washington, DC

#1 Jul 17, 2012
I've been to Koh Kood twice - loved it both times. We stayed at Captain Hook resort the first time and Peer Pan the second. I like Peter Pan a little better, there is more beach for walking, although the sunset at Captain Hook is just a little better. On our first visit, I was the only non-asian at the resort. The second time there were a few more westerners, but we rarely saw them. Weather: http://www.kohkood.com/weather.html

Alhambra, CA

#2 Jul 17, 2012
Koh Kood is very beautiful.Good choice, if you looking for a romantic :) Btw, I am Thai :)

“I Wear Many Hats”

Since: Jul 12

Bangkok, Thailand

#3 Jul 22, 2012
I have had the pleasure to go to Koh Kood three times now, March, September and November. On the first and last occasion i stayed at http://awayresorts.com/

At that time of year rainy season should be clearing up a little perhaps. I went around September 14th for two nights and it only rained late in the day, around sunset time or just after. I have to stay it will not bother you as the place is just so awesome and green and unlike any island experience you will have seen before, at least i was for me after Koh Chang, Phuket, Samui etc.
e46M3 e60M5

#4 Aug 17, 2012
September will be rainy season. But no big deal, you just get wet. The upside is that hotels are chaper and airline tickets too.

I live part of the year and I like going to Phi-Phi Island. Secluded, beautiful sandy beach, picturesque. It is actually two islands connected by a narrow sandy beach.

Thai has 3 flights in the morning to Phuket. Getting to Phi-Phi is a boat ride from Phuket airport (take about 4 hours), or charter a plane. But it is more expensive. Or fly to Krabi and boat from there.
e46M3 e60M5

#5 Aug 17, 2012
I meant to say I live part of the year in Thailand and like going to Phi-Phi Island..... :)

Since: Aug 12

Lahore, Pakistan

#6 Aug 24, 2012
Koh Kood is a great place to visit if you are going on a trip. You should go in September though and not wait till winter, because the beach is not as interesting in cold. A moderate weather is the best.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#7 Aug 26, 2012
I agree that Koh Kood is a great place to visit especially if you'll travel with your special someone. It is indeed a romantic place to be.

As long as you're together, it doesn't matter if it rains or not. I'm pretty sure you'll both be enthralled while watching the sunset.

Your stay in Away Resorts will also make it all worthy of experience. Pamper yourselves in Away Spa and enjoy the tasty cuisines while you dine in Escape. Enjoy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yangon, Burma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Promoting the "Muslim threat" in Myanmar Oct 29 Vote UKIP 2
News Thai Buddhists to help Myanmar anti-Muslim set ... Jun '15 ozboy 6
News The Irrawaddy: LGBT activist in spotlight at hu... Jun '15 Belle Sexton 1
News Myanmar nationalists rally against pressure ove... (May '15) May '15 Cuauhtemotzin 2
News Myanmar vows to work with Bangladesh, other cou... (May '15) May '15 paperdocto 1
News Ferguson police militarisation, inspiration for... (Apr '15) Apr '15 goldstone report 2
News US condemns use of force against Myanmar protes... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Kahoki 1
More from around the web