Burma Hits Back at US Criticism of Kachin Conflict
KIA soldier hides in the trenches at Hkaya Bum outpost on Jan. 20, where rebels endured a heavy assault in spite of the government's ceasefire announcement a day before.Full Story
#1 Jan 28, 2013
Constitutional Head His Royal Highness Crown Prince Shwebomin of Burma and members of the Crown council of Myanmar Kingdom would advise as follows:
1. Burmese/Myanmar Government's robust rebuttal isworthy of praise by the people of Burma/Myanmar Kingdom.
2. In dealing with the Kachin-Myanmar rebels, it must always be remembered that they are Burmese/Myanmars and no action must be taken in hatred but only out of necessity.
3. In victory the government must show utmost sorrow for the necessity of action - of quelling rebellion- and magnanimity;the defeated soldiers must be treated like blood brothers, who had gone on a wrong path; there must be no repraisal; if anything, there must be rehibilation.
4. As regards the name of the land, it is correct to call it Burma, as it is derived from Brahma or Brahmah, the original name of the Kingdom founded by a prince of the Buddha line from Kaplivastu ,3000 years ago, at Tagaung/Tagoung. Strictly, speaking Myanmar is an adjective. If Myanmar is to be used, it should be Myanmarland.
5. The issue of the name is immaterial; what is material is what the government is achieving for the people of Burma: peace, prosperity, justice, freedom, equal opportunities of individuals, regardless of tribal variations - not excuse for separatism - and human right.
6. The Council commends the government for the achievements so far but it is advised that it is only the beginning of a long journey.
Add your comments below
|For Obama, high ambitions, less power to achieve||Dec '14||Sunshine||5|
|Yes-We-Can president faces twilight of maybes||Dec '14||Lawrence Wolf||6|
|BANGKOK: Ban upsets Myanmar with one word: Rohi...||Nov '14||zamorin||1|
|Republicans mull response to Obama on immigration||Nov '14||wild child||1|
|Obama visits bizarre heart of Burmese military ...||Nov '14||okimar||2|
|Obama backs Suu Kyi bid to change constitution||Nov '14||Jeff Brightone||2|
|It's not a religion problem it's a species prob...||Oct '14||Hello||1|
Find what you want!
Search Yangon, Burma Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC