EU chief Barroso in Burma visit

EU chief Barroso in Burma visit

There are 4 comments on the BBC News story from Nov 3, 2012, titled EU chief Barroso in Burma visit. In it, BBC News reports that:

European Commission president Jose Manuel Barroso is set to arrive in Burma's capital Nay Pyi Taw for a key trade and diplomatic visit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BBC News.

Anti-colonialist

UK

#1 Nov 3, 2012
Wow! That is interesting. Ciao Mr. Barroso. Perfuntory meeting with SuuKyi Aris. No need. Who is using President Thein Sein as vintriloquist's dummy regarding the Rohingyas?
Be careful Mr.President.Power to the people. That is democracy. No?

Of course yes.
Then, don't say that people have to change attitude. Don't keep the viper in your Pasoe, don't keep the Rohingyas in Yakhine.
' Suu Kyi unrepentent'? That's f*king clever. Journalistic distortion of truth.
She said ' she does nor know if Rohingyas are Burmese or not'.
Come on, woman. They are NOT!
The people of Burma have said resoundingly they are not and they must be expelled.
Who is behind SuuKyi Aris regarding ' it is not for her to take one side or the other'.
Well, if you are a true leader you must be prepared to make principled and moral decisions. Keeping mum shows you are a coward in reality.
Now, you are trapped - by colonist BBC. BBC had manipulated international opinion and Burmese opinion on you - by sheer power, greater than that of the Burmese state, to get you the crap Nobel Peace Prize and all the hollow acolades.
You waddled like a duck in Oxford wearing that ridiculous bogus Doctorate degree garb - for a woman with a third ckass degree.
You are now indebted to BBC. You are hocked to BBC.
BBC is continuing with the colonist agenda. Your English puppet masters are forcing your hand - and that of Thein Sein to make Rohingyas Burmese. Never!
Do not betray Burma!
You are warned.
Why don't you, SuuKyi Aris, come out on the side of Burmese people?
Chicken?
Now, law and order are needed in Yakhine. That is the situation. As it was soon after the 1988 uprisings.
Remember SLORC. The situation forced the state power to act: raison d'etet.
SuuKyuAris, you had delayed the arrival of democracy in Burma by at least 15 years - by your childish behaviour, usurping of your estranged brother U AungSanOo. And your claim of 'I am my father's daughter': hollow tautology.
AungSanOo can say ' I am my father's son'. And claim the fame. You never talked about your brother. Why?
Your naked lust for power is for all to see.
U AungGyi was right in critising you for not participating in the national conventions for writing the constituion.
You were in a hurry for power. Don't deny it.
BBC is also continuing with divide-and-rule regarding the Kachins. Rebels are rebels. They have no legitimacy. Panglong is the vilest lrgacy of colonialism.
Burmese people simply do not have to obey the dictate of the coloniser, who is no more.
BBC is the neo-colonist.
Understand?
Joseph Htoomyat Thu

Yangon, Myanmar

#2 Nov 3, 2012
Aung San Oo is an American citizen.
Anti-colonialist

UK

#3 Nov 3, 2012
Joseph Htoomyat Thu wrote:
So what! He has every right to Burmese citizehship.
SuuKyu Aris is a shameless traitor.
Are you nut!
UMPF

London, UK

#4 Nov 3, 2012
Joseph Htoomyat Thu wrote:
Is that relevant?
If he is good Burma and can contribute to the development of Burma, what is the problem?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pye, Burma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama visits bizarre heart of Burmese military ... (Nov '14) Nov '14 okimar 2
News BJP MP Meenakshi Lekhi takes part in a cleanlin... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Humhainna 1
News PM Nguyen Tan Dung arrived in Nay Pyi Taw, Myan... (Nov '14) Nov '14 SpongeBob 7
News Asean To Expedite Implementation Of Roadmap For... (May '14) May '14 Dinh cao TriTue 2
News India's vote on UN resolution against Sri Lanka... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Soulja 16
News Myanmar, Vietnam, Laos pledge cooperation (Jun '13) Jun '13 tri dzung 1
News Suu Kyi calls attention to constitutional chang... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Roman 1
More from around the web