Remains matched with missing WWII ser...

Remains matched with missing WWII servicemen | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 13 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 4, 2010, titled Remains matched with missing WWII servicemen | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

U.S. military authorities have identified the remains of seven servicemen missing in action since their cargo plane went down in Burma during World War II.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

no one special

Dayton, OH

#1 Jul 4, 2010
Welcome home Heros
THE TRUTH

Columbus, OH

#2 Jul 4, 2010
Heros. All of them.
Hocking Hick

Lancaster, OH

#3 Jul 4, 2010
Why are they heroes? They just happened to be a plane crash.

I'm glad they were found, for their family's sake, but we take this hero thing a little far...
no one special

Dayton, OH

#4 Jul 4, 2010
Hocking Hick wrote:
I'm glad they were found, for their family's sake, but we take this hero thing a little far...
Your name says it all. They were on a mission to bring supplies to the troops. They were serving OUR country so YOU can say things like this.
RIP

Apple Creek, OH

#6 Jul 4, 2010
Rest in peace, men, and welcome home.
John

Portsmouth, OH

#7 Jul 4, 2010
Well done good and faithful servants. Rest in peace.
John

Portsmouth, OH

#8 Jul 4, 2010
Hocking Hick wrote:
And what branch of the military did you serve in?
JDH

Portsmouth, OH

#9 Jul 4, 2010
Hocking Hick wrote:
What a fitting name "Hocking Hick". And to think we fought for your right to be disrespectful. Enjoy lyour freedoms, I'll bet you never served.
Just Me

Pickerington, OH

#10 Jul 4, 2010
Hocking Hick wrote:
Someone should beat some sense into you...such an idiot!
My Grandpa was a Hero

Warrenton, VA

#11 Jul 4, 2010
Its to bad their Plane went down. My Grandfather was in the Navy in WWII and he WAS a hero. These men are ALSO heroes. Im glad they are returning home. and someone did find them. I was wondering why if something was found in 2002 it has been this long. I wish they would have put that in the story too. Nonetheless. They may rest in peace.
As for you Hocking P.O.S hick (which you are and know it, and I bet such a dumbass your proud of it).Go F yourself on the old rusty car antenna, on the rusty car(s) that are in your yard, along with the other crap that most people call a landfill. Dumbass!
workingdadof7

Columbus, OH

#12 Jul 4, 2010
Hocking Hick wrote:
It may not make sense to you,but when a person serves in the military,for this great country ,especially during a time of war ,they are All "heroes".To lose their lives,even takes it up a notch.This,my friend, is why they are "heroes". And why we are free. God Bless America.
Kai

Norfolk, VA

#13 Jul 4, 2010
No one wants to die because of airplane crash in Burma, they love their own country, and sacrificed their life, so they must be entitled as HEROES.
momof7

Columbus, OH

#14 Jul 4, 2010
Anyone and everyone who puts on the uniform and serves our county is "My Hero". Thanks to all of you, including my dad, my brother and my daughter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Myitkyina, Burma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News China President wants to revive ancient route a... (Sep '14) Sep '14 RayH 1
News In Myanmar's north, a persecuted minority dream... (Sep '13) Sep '13 the way 1
News Drug addiction lurks in Myanmar conflict's shadow (Mar '13) Mar '13 Sheik Yerbouti 1
News Peace means surrender in Myanmar (Jan '13) Jan '13 Anti-colonists 1
News Top Flight Mission: Wwii Spitfire Planes May Be... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Trolls Inc 2
News Myanmar mediators urge Suu Kyi to help (Jan '13) Jan '13 Anti-colonists 1
News Burma breaks reform promise by opening new offe... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Anti-colonists 1
More from around the web