Blue Jays 13, Twins 2: Toronto blasts...

Blue Jays 13, Twins 2: Toronto blasts six homers off slumping Twins...

There are 21 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 30, 2010, titled Blue Jays 13, Twins 2: Toronto blasts six homers off slumping Twins.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

RECAP: Francisco Liriano gave up five runs in 5 1/3 innings, and Jose Bautista hit homers Nos.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kooskin17

Saginaw, MI

#1 Sep 30, 2010
What the f*&[email protected] is going on here?
Albert

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Sep 30, 2010
Liriano got blasted his last two times up and he is pitcher # 1 for the playoffs.
Either he is hurt and not speaking up or he is slacking. Either way he is risking getting even more hurt. If he can't play, take his arse out. If he can and he is suching that bad, we need to start Pavano for the playoffs and leave Liriano for last. But then Pavano has been suching too. Anyway, the Twins better stop this "prevent defense" type approach to the last part of the season or they will slump their way through the first playoff games. Time is NOW for Gardy to put their playoff line-up in and get themselves in their July/August mindset. These guys better start smelling blood or they will be three and out.
grundy

Edenton, NC

#3 Sep 30, 2010
Time to check the old nut sack boy's and see if you have any balls left !!!!
Neil Strauss

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Sep 30, 2010
Gardenhire is showing off his post season coaching skills.
3 and out

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Oct 1, 2010
This type is play is supposed to get the Twins past the Yankees/Rays?
3 and out

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Oct 1, 2010
of*
Bo Knows

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Oct 1, 2010
Liriano's performance worries me, he couldn't put hitters away last night. Some of the other guys won't be playing next week anyway. The batting order was only missing Thome and we get no hit for 4 innings?
techie51

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Oct 1, 2010
Boy, arent we proud of our Twins, ya right. This is just a sneak peek at what they will do in the playoffs. Yankees or Rays will smoke them. Pack your bags.
thissucks

Clear Lake, MN

#9 Oct 1, 2010
Good job pitching staff! You've now given up 61 runs in the last 7 games.
Twins Territory

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Oct 1, 2010
To Ozzie and the White Socks:

Sorry we should have let you guys get in the post-season playoffs since we will not be able to compete yet again with our opponents.

We hope you will recieve our sincere apology for not even trying to represent the central division with a good fight.

Soon we will be slaughtered even here at Target Field by the Yankees again, so please don't spend your time rooting for the Pirahnas. Go on your vacations and pay no attention as your hearts will get broken.....sadly again by our ineptitude in these playoffs.

Hope you guys get here next season instead of us because it really is getting embarrassing for me as manager of the Twins for 9 seasons now.

Yours truly,

Ron Gardenhosed
toivo 2 feathers

Wenatchee, WA

#11 Oct 1, 2010
Couldn't they have just called ahead and forfeited these last games if they weren't going too play anyway? At least they will be rested up for the off-season.
Zeke

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Oct 1, 2010
Four teams in the AL East are better than the Twins. Think of it??? The Yankees, Rays, Red Sox, and Blue Jays...they have to play against each other during the season, and they still have two teams with the best records in the AL.

For the Twins, the playoffs have "swept" written all over. Liriano against Price or Sabathia, then Pavano and Duensing....now way, no how, do the Twins even win one game.
mr smooth

Fredericksburg, TX

#13 Oct 1, 2010
it's obvious the wrestling connection invaded the central division. there is no way this team could have won anything without a fix installed. i've seen a dead minnow tank with more life than the twins have but with the same odor. and that dead bull pen is stinking up the joint. what say you rick anderson?? as the saying was 10 days ago" look out yankees!!"
name

San Francisco, CA

#14 Oct 1, 2010
Maybe I'm a fair weather fan, because I'm losing interest real quick. I feel sorry for all those people that purchased tickets for games in the last two weeks.
Had Enough

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Oct 1, 2010
OK, sorry to be a Debbie Downer but I am pushing the panic button - that game was awful last night!!!!!!!!
Ozzie Guillen

Springfield, IL

#16 Oct 1, 2010
Twins Territory wrote:
To Ozzie and the White Socks:
Sorry we should have let you guys get in the post-season playoffs since we will not be able to compete yet again with our opponents.
We hope you will recieve our sincere apology for not even trying to represent the central division with a good fight.
Soon we will be slaughtered even here at Target Field by the Yankees again, so please don't spend your time rooting for the Pirahnas. Go on your vacations and pay no attention as your hearts will get broken.....sadly again by our ineptitude in these playoffs.
Hope you guys get here next season instead of us because it really is getting embarrassing for me as manager of the Twins for 9 seasons now.
Yours truly,
Ron Gardenhosed
Thank ju bery mush. I don kin say it better iffy I was tryin. Don be so hard in juself my frien. A lease ju don gotta put up wiff Manny in ju team.

Next jear, when we win da divishin, I gonna get ju guys a sky-boof so ju kin come to Chicago to sheer us while we be losin to da Jankees.
Ozzie Guillen

Springfield, IL

#17 Oct 1, 2010
Had Enough wrote:
OK, sorry to be a Debbie Downer but I am pushing the panic button - that game was awful last night!!!!!!!!
Iffy ju be a Debbie Go-downer, I wanna meet ju iffy ju eber come to Chicago. I gotta spechial place inna clubhouse for ju.
Robbie

Edenton, NC

#18 Oct 1, 2010
I can't see what everyone is so surprised about---this is the eratic/inconsistant pitching we have witnessed all season. Gardenhire has tried everything he knows (IMO very little) to try and put a starting rotation together but the talent to be relied on just isn't there. Once again the Twins won the pathetic Central Division which is like winning against the "Little Children of the Blind" and everyone is excited that they are going to the WS. Once again in the playoffs they will have to play quality teams and they are not in the same league with these teams. Gardenhire rests everyone with a broken finger nail and fields a pitching staff that has been anything but stellar all season. QUESTION: If Justin Morneau has such a severe concussion why was he out in the batting cage and fielding W/O a helmet on?? ANSWER: His problem is between his ears but it's not concussion problems..........
Pat

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Oct 1, 2010
Albert wrote:
Liriano got blasted his last two times up and he is pitcher # 1 for the playoffs.
Either he is hurt and not speaking up or he is slacking. Either way he is risking getting even more hurt. If he can't play, take his arse out. If he can and he is suching that bad, we need to start Pavano for the playoffs and leave Liriano for last. But then Pavano has been suching too. Anyway, the Twins better stop this "prevent defense" type approach to the last part of the season or they will slump their way through the first playoff games. Time is NOW for Gardy to put their playoff line-up in and get themselves in their July/August mindset. These guys better start smelling blood or they will be three and out.
Liriano is hurt alright, he's got whiplash from watching all of those balls leave Target Field.
Stolen Identity

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Oct 1, 2010
Ozzie Guillen wrote:
<quoted text>
Iffy ju be a Debbie Go-downer, I wanna meet ju iffy ju eber come to Chicago. I gotta spechial place inna clubhouse for ju.
Hey kid, get back to bed before daddy comes in and put a whooping on your A S S.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toronto Blue Jays Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Few Cleveland Indians batters have had seasons ... Jan '17 TeePeePharts 2
News Fan throws can at Kim during wild card game (Oct '16) Oct '16 hunter 1
News A bird? A plane? Edwin's home run? Nope. A mete... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Noel 1
News Encarnacion's HR lifts Blue Jays past Orioles, ... (Oct '16) Oct '16 moistpuss 1
News 15 First Nations to compete in 2nd annual 'Beyo... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Lumpson Whitehead 3
News Dusty Baker Excuses Racist Comment By Assuring ... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 2
News GM Anthopoulos leaving Jays with new president ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 2
More from around the web