Pitchers take another pounding

Pitchers take another pounding

There are 15 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 30, 2010, titled Pitchers take another pounding. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

With the postseason looming, Twins pitching is hemorrhaging runs, and suddenly the team's options are getting thinner.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Oct 1, 2010
doomed
WOW

Colorado Springs, CO

#2 Oct 1, 2010
The Twins pitchers were lit up like the Macy's Christmas display last year, while the Twins hitters continually pounded out those wicked two hoppers to the infield. But to be fair, the Toronto pitchers were throwing those blazing 87 mph fastballs, and then when the Twins least expected it, they would throw an 86 mph change-up. C'mon, that's just not fair. How do they expect the Twins to adjust to that bit of trickery? And another thing, does anyone with the Twins speak Liriano? This guy makes the same bad mistakes over and over (thinking he can throw his fastball past hitters), and now the league has caught up with him. Layoff the slider and sit on his fastball and pound it.
Dan

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Oct 1, 2010
totally agree... one and done
Zeke

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Oct 1, 2010
The Twins seem content to win a weak division...let's get real. The Yanks, Rays, and Red Sox have to play each other and the top two teams in their division will have a superior record when compared to the Twins, who have a much easier schedule.

The magic is over...the reality is the Twins will get swept.
smartie

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Oct 1, 2010
Thanks for a great regular season, up until September. It's goodbye for the Twins pitchers and hitters. Just like the Vikings, Wild, Timberwolves, and Gopher football, basketball, and hockey teams. Minnesota has no bragging rights about anything.
vike

Mankato, MN

#7 Oct 1, 2010
Gardy needs to sit all of his starting pitchers & pray they will find themselves for the playoffs!
I have never seen an implosion of all pitchers in my life,lay the fast ball down the middle & see if professionals can hit it,Geez? Has Anderson been on vacation for the last 2 weeks or what?
seriously

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Oct 1, 2010
come on boys....you can do it!!! Your fans are still here...give us something to cheer about!
Jim

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Oct 1, 2010
That's what happens when the Twins play real teams from the AL East. The Twins are very lucky to be playing in the AL Central. Go look at their record against the East, this is nothing new.
Dan

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Oct 1, 2010
gardenhoser response would be "yeah but they are throwing strikes". yeah STRIKES THAT ARE GOING OVER THE FENCE. sounds like another coach called clueless, "yeah we look good in PRACTICE"
Remo

Austin, TX

#11 Oct 1, 2010
Looks like another quick exit from the playoffs coming up.

Since: Apr 09

Saint Paul

#12 Oct 1, 2010
OK, I think it's up to the fans to start booing and tell these guys at the last 3 games that they don't have support anymore from the fans. Quit saying "oh you guys are great, you guys need to hang in there, etc." Anderson will never be replaced because he's Gardy's buddy. You need to express your opinions at the games. They are horrible and this ALWAYS happens at the end of the season, thanks to Gardy. He sits guys to rest them and then everything always goes off track. They get off their game when they are rested. Happens EVERY SINGLE year with Gardy. The only reason Morneau is saying he may play in the 2nd round is because he even knows now they won't make it to the second round.

Since: Jul 08

St. Paul

#13 Oct 1, 2010
"He'll be OK," said pitching coach Rick Anderson. "He's having a little bit of a spell, but he'll get out of it. He made some mistakes (Thursday), and they weren't forgiving."

Guess what Rick? The way your crack staff is throwing right now, they're not going to get more than one more start before their season's are over. How about if you quit saying stupid things like "He'll be OK" and start firguring out why your mediocre staff continues to tank it. Oh, I forgot- you're good buddies with the worst in-game manager in baseball. It won't matter. You won't get fired anyway.
mema

Okabena, MN

#14 Oct 1, 2010
But...GM Billy says "we're fine" Oh really? Nothing like getting the fans excited for playoffs!! It's so pathetic I don't even want to watch right now. This coaching staff never will be able to manage playoff games. don't know what it is but exiting early from round one in the AL Central does not make you a genius coach
Mark

Madison, WI

#15 Oct 1, 2010
Gardy is the Glen Mason of MLB managers. He'll get you just so far, then POOF...hits the glass ceiling and the team just staggers home after a late season drubbing. I think we've seen enough evidence by now that we need to go in a completely new direction if we're to break through and win playoff series & the World Series.
Twins Win

Hastings, MN

#16 Oct 1, 2010
The Blue Jays will be watching us play in the playoffs next week.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toronto Blue Jays Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dusty Baker Excuses Racist Comment By Assuring ... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 2
News GM Anthopoulos leaving Jays with new president ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 2
News Perth pitcher Liam Hendriks claims Major League... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 2
News Too little, too late: Royals can't escape from ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 2
News On the Pan Am Hill for Canada (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fart news 2
News The Ghost's of Blue Jays Past 7 - Final Edition (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fart news 2
News Inbox: On Melky, Drabek and potential moves to ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 mike tirico 2
More from around the web