Blue Jays 6, Twins 3: Carl Pavano eff...

Blue Jays 6, Twins 3: Carl Pavano effective in playoff tuneup, but ...

There are 11 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled Blue Jays 6, Twins 3: Carl Pavano effective in playoff tuneup, but .... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

RECAP: Edwin Encarnacion hit his third homer in two days, a three-run shot in the eighth inning, as Toronto kept the Twins skidding toward the postseason.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Holes In Our Ship

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Oct 1, 2010
Raise your hands Twins fans if you would like them to subsitute the Detroit Tigers or the White Sox to represent the Central Division at this point instead of the Twins?
Salivating

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Oct 1, 2010
Nice! the Yankees will love batting practice with all of our starters in the first round. It will be "Da Bomb!"

The tune-up is all messed up anyways, they need to take the whole transmission out and replaced it with a V-8!
Forward Thinking

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Oct 1, 2010
I'm already looking forward to another great regular season from the Twins:

Delmon Young to see if he continues his great 2010 season.
Danny Valencia to see if he can hold the fort at 3rd base for good.
Mauer to get back to chasing .400 and hitting more home runs.
Morneau to get his health back and chase MVP honors again.
Punto to sit out the whole season.
Span to see if his batting average regresses even more.
Cuddyer to see if he makes Gardy dissappear while doing a magic trick on the bench.

..........and finally

Gardy to see if he gets a long term contract extension after another one and done season. I think he will since he never has a losing season as coach. In another 10 seasons with him we will eventually eek out one World Series win.....right?
Zeke

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Oct 2, 2010
"Pavano effective in playoff tuneup"?????????

Giving up 9 hits and a walk in 7 innings...only striking out 3...getting into jams in the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th innings...he's tuned up alright!

If its the Ray's he faces, each of those base runners will steal second base...if it's the Yankees, all those clutch hitters will drive those runners in...

This is not how the Twins should be tuning up for the playoffs...
Mark

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Oct 2, 2010
The Blue Jays would not be going home if they played in the AL Central
brachiosaurus

Attleboro, MA

#6 Oct 2, 2010
Pavano is really the Twins' best starter, and he has also emerged as something of a team leader. Starting Liriano in the play-off opener is a mistake.

Some people are saying that there's no need to worry going into the play-offs, but aside from some poor starts and some ineffective relief appearances, the Twins' general lack of offensive should be cause for concern.

As for home field advantage, this is just a general observation, but the Twins seem to play better in warmer weather. New York and the Twin Cities will be colder than Tampa Bay or Texas.
gas

Geneva, NY

#7 Oct 2, 2010
This is how stupid the twins are they are mad over the build board but not mad enough about I they are playing down the stretch, they got big heads ever since they won the division title. I guess that's their only goal for the season. Then again that is about how good gardy is, again he no manager to lead a team to a world series title, so I guess this is all they can expept to achieve this year. What ever happens in the playoffs, which is most likely three and out again like the past two years they made it to the playoffs they will get what they exactly what they deserve or put into it. They played like a bunch of losers down the stretch, and it's embarrishing to watch them. This team is way to overcofidence which in the long run will distroy them, and that's on gardy and this team's leaders.

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Oct 2, 2010
5 more games to play
Rick

Sarona, WI

#9 Oct 2, 2010
Two of my favorite whipping boys came thru again last nite- Crainwreck and Punto. The only reason
Punto ever plays is his defense and he comes up
with a big error last night. Crain who has been
pretty solid just is hammered last night. John
Buck and Edwin Encarnacion are 2 of the worst
looking hitters ever but we make them look like
allstars 2 nights in a row. Can the Twins begin
to play real baseball for the playoffs?? I can't
see it happening!
gas

Geneva, NY

#10 Oct 2, 2010
Twins are all but cooked they are done, finished before the playoffs begin this team won't win a game in the playoffs and they don't care. Well we'll see when they are crying their eyes out when they get blown out of the water in the playoffs by teams that know how to play. This is the sourish team I have ever seen, The 86 and 91 twins teams make this team now look like very minor leagers, or a farm club, these guys are worthless, losers who don't even deserve to be in the playoffs,
Dan

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Oct 2, 2010
amazing to see crain wreck back to usual form. guess he forgot what it was like to pitch BP during game

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toronto Blue Jays Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 15 First Nations to compete in 2nd annual 'Beyo... Aug 25 Lumpson Whitehead 3
News Dusty Baker Excuses Racist Comment By Assuring ... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 2
News GM Anthopoulos leaving Jays with new president ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 2
News Perth pitcher Liam Hendriks claims Major League... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 2
News Too little, too late: Royals can't escape from ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Fart news 2
News On the Pan Am Hill for Canada (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fart news 2
News The Ghost's of Blue Jays Past 7 - Final Edition (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fart news 2
More from around the web