Baseball Fan Dies Trying To Catch Fou...

Baseball Fan Dies Trying To Catch Foul Ball

There are 34 comments on the WFMZ story from Jul 7, 2011, titled Baseball Fan Dies Trying To Catch Foul Ball. In it, WFMZ reports that:

A fan trying to catch a ball at a Texas Rangers game was killed Thursday when he leaned over a railing and fell 20 feet to the ground, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Typical

Reading, PA

#22 Jul 8, 2011
HMFIC wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you didn't believe in God... right?
Using your gods name in vain. A swear word, don't take it literally dumb shi t.
lakerfan

Dickson, TN

#23 Jul 9, 2011
Hey typical.... I'd be happy to buy you a ticket to a baseball game if you promise to try and catch a foul ball.
Typical

Reading, PA

#24 Jul 9, 2011
lakerfan wrote:
Hey typical.... I'd be happy to buy you a ticket to a baseball game if you promise to try and catch a foul ball.
I've caught a few in my day, can't say I ever took the chance on falling twenty feet for one. Ask that little kid if he would rather have the ball or his dad.
lakerfan

Dickson, TN

#25 Jul 10, 2011
Typical wrote:
<quoted text>
I've caught a few in my day, can't say I ever took the chance on falling twenty feet for one. Ask that little kid if he would rather have the ball or his dad.
I think we already know the answer.
Typical

Reading, PA

#26 Jul 10, 2011
lakerfan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we already know the answer.
Well then, dont be so shocked to hear people think the guy was a moron.
lakerfan

Dickson, TN

#27 Jul 10, 2011
Typical wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, dont be so shocked to hear people think the guy was a moron.
I'm not shocked at all. I read and hear hurtful remarks all the time. Personally I don't think he was a moron he just took to much of a chance by leaning over the rail. Unfortuately it cost him his life and his son will always have to live with the memory of that day. I think it's sad.
Typical

Reading, PA

#28 Jul 10, 2011
lakerfan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not shocked at all. I read and hear hurtful remarks all the time. Personally I don't think he was a moron he just took to much of a chance by leaning over the rail. Unfortuately it cost him his life and his son will always have to live with the memory of that day. I think it's sad.
I think it's sad also, actually. All for a baseball, just makes me wonder wtf he was thinking.
Ball

New Zealand

#29 Jul 10, 2011
Typical wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's sad also, actually. All for a baseball, just makes me wonder wtf he was thinking.
Of course he wasn't thinking he got caught up in the moment an is dead .Sh happens won't be the first an certainly ain't the last but the show must go on .
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#30 Jul 11, 2011
Everybody has this defense of baseball. Maybe they guy was such a loser he wanted to commit suicide and he faked going after a baseball just so his little kid can get rich from the resulting lawsuit
Hmm

Nazareth, PA

#31 Jul 11, 2011
Did anyone notice that he had a chance to stop himself from going head-first, but opted to hold onto the ball ?

Valders, WI

#32 Jul 12, 2011
Reminds me of when I was young working with a crew cleaning up trees, the homeowner was watching us and he picked up an old toy belonging to his dog and pitched it into the wood chipper. Yep, the dog jumped right in after it, I felt sorry for the dog, he didn't know any better. I have to go along with the moron aspect of this case. You can only do so much to protect stupid people.
lakerfan

Dickson, TN

#33 Jul 12, 2011
Guest wrote:
Reminds me of when I was young working with a crew cleaning up trees, the homeowner was watching us and he picked up an old toy belonging to his dog and pitched it into the wood chipper. Yep, the dog jumped right in after it, I felt sorry for the dog, he didn't know any better. I have to go along with the moron aspect of this case. You can only do so much to protect stupid people.
How horrible.

Since: Aug 11

Irving, TX

#34 Aug 19, 2011
Typical wrote:
<quoted text>Or people could use common sense and not fall off in the first place.
I'm pretty sure that if Hamilton tossed you a ball you would be quite happy.
Typical

Reading, PA

#35 Aug 20, 2011
BaseballGod29 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure that if Hamilton tossed you a ball you would be quite happy.
Not really. Nothing about pro sports impresses me. Local and college athletes tend to have a lot more heart and drive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Rangers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rangers' Darvish says no more strange feelings ... Mar '17 MorePhartx 2
News Another strange abrupt ending for Rangers after... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Fundiementally ill 1
News Texas Rangers' Michael Young almost punched Elv... (Aug '16) Aug '16 JoT 1
News St. Louis Cardinals: Seung-Hwan Oh should repla... (Jun '16) Jun '16 P Funk 1
News Nomar Mazara To Replace Mitch Moreland? (Apr '16) Apr '16 windingmywatch 1
News Orioles could make move for a reliever after Br... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fart news 2
News Johnny Manziel at Rangers game days after leavi... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Johnny Rehab 2
More from around the web