Baseball Fan Dies Trying To Catch Fou...

Baseball Fan Dies Trying To Catch Foul Ball

There are 34 comments on the WFMZ story from Jul 7, 2011, titled Baseball Fan Dies Trying To Catch Foul Ball. In it, WFMZ reports that:

A fan trying to catch a ball at a Texas Rangers game was killed Thursday when he leaned over a railing and fell 20 feet to the ground, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lehigh Valley

Reading, PA

#1 Jul 7, 2011
I go to quite a few games, and knew this would happen sooner or later.

Feel bad for family!. Sucky thing to happen.
Future not so bright

Morrisville, PA

#2 Jul 8, 2011
Sad story, especially his kid witnessing the event. It's amazing to see how people get so excited and quite pushy sometimes over going after a foul or thrown 2 dollar baseball that finds it's way into the stands.
The Bear

Petersburg, VA

#3 Jul 8, 2011
Reports say that he was conscious and moving after the fall. He was asking the park officials to make sure his son was ok.

If you or anyone you know gets hit on the head, always get it checked out. Just because the person is communicating doesn't mean that there isn't damage and bleeding that can't be seen.
Kelly

Easton, PA

#4 Jul 8, 2011
Wow! SO sad for his son to see his father fall in front of him & die later at the hospital. My prayers go to his family and their lost.

I know it may be a freak accident, but MLB should consider increasing the height of guard rails. In the video, the top rails look very low compared to the man's height.

Again, so sad for the family,and I hope people can learn from tragic accident so it will not happen again any time in the near future.
Typical

Reading, PA

#5 Jul 8, 2011
Kelly wrote:
Wow! SO sad for his son to see his father fall in front of him & die later at the hospital. My prayers go to his family and their lost.
I know it may be a freak accident, but MLB should consider increasing the height of guard rails. In the video, the top rails look very low compared to the man's height.
Again, so sad for the family,and I hope people can learn from tragic accident so it will not happen again any time in the near future.
Or people could use common sense and not fall off in the first place.
Teacher

United States

#6 Jul 8, 2011
Typical wrote:
<quoted text>
Everytime I see a post from you it is so rude and negative. How do you think that poor boy's life is affected now? You comment is just plain i sensitive. Get a life.
JennCatty

Nazareth, PA

#7 Jul 8, 2011
Typical wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What an ass...the man was trying to catch a ball for his kid and you have to be a douche.
jim

Show Low, AZ

#8 Jul 8, 2011
CUBS Fan Here.
YES, the CUBS are terrible,
but, compared to LIFE, baseball
IS nothing!
Terrible tragedy & for his kid to
witness it, is completely unbelievable!
I pray for him & his family!
GOD BLESS!
BRIAN

Easton, PA

#9 Jul 8, 2011
Terrible accident. It's just a ball, and baseball is just a game. But life, and that kid's life will forever be affected.
Hug your children and tell them that you love them and teach common sense.
Bartman

Littleton, CO

#10 Jul 8, 2011
The man should not have tried to interfere with the game.
HMFIC

New Britain, CT

#11 Jul 8, 2011
Bartman wrote:
If you're going to troll, at least read the article first.
Your a loser

Chester Springs, PA

#12 Jul 8, 2011
You know I consider my self to be a pretty tuff no nonsense guy. But typical your a clasless a** whole who needs a life. I am willing to be your a complete loser you either A) Lives in a trailer. or B) Is 35 and still lives with mommy and daddy. This poor kid maybe 5 or 6 years old watched his father die trying to get a ball for him. How do you think that kid must feel when his mom says daddy wont ever be back he is in heaven now. Have some Fuc*ing compassion dude seriously. Any ways I feel so bad for this poor freaking kid to have to watch your dad die at such a young and impressionable age is a true tragedy. I hope the mom seeks counseling for this kid because he may wind up thinking its his fault because his dad was trying to get the ball for him.
HMFIC

New Britain, CT

#13 Jul 8, 2011
Very, very sad. My condolences to the family - especially the kid.
Ozzie Guillen

Springfield, IL

#14 Jul 8, 2011
Dis is really sad. All he wanna do is getta suveneer for he's kid an he fall outta da stand. I feel bad for hes kid too.
Dis guy be nore of a man den some guys in my team. Hell, I dont kin get Alex Rios to move he's lazy ass to catch a ball inna field.
Ozzie Guillen

Downers Grove, IL

#15 Jul 8, 2011
Bartman wrote:
Ju no da real Bartsman...but ju da real yagoff.
Bartman

Littleton, CO

#16 Jul 8, 2011
Ozzie Guillen wrote:
<quoted text> Ju no da real Bartsman...but ju da real yagoff.
Donte ju hav sum chikens to sacrifice?
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#18 Jul 8, 2011
Darwin Theory in action
Typical

Reading, PA

#19 Jul 8, 2011
Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Everytime I see a post from you it is so rude and negative. How do you think that poor boy's life is affected now? You comment is just plain i sensitive. Get a life.
It's the truth though. Is a baseball worth losing your life over? Seriously, it's a god damn baseball!!

Typical

Reading, PA

#20 Jul 8, 2011
Your a loser wrote:
You know I consider my self to be a pretty tuff no nonsense guy. But typical your a clasless a** whole who needs a life. I am willing to be your a complete loser you either A) Lives in a trailer. or B) Is 35 and still lives with mommy and daddy. This poor kid maybe 5 or 6 years old watched his father die trying to get a ball for him. How do you think that kid must feel when his mom says daddy wont ever be back he is in heaven now. Have some Fuc*ing compassion dude seriously. Any ways I feel so bad for this poor freaking kid to have to watch your dad die at such a young and impressionable age is a true tragedy. I hope the mom seeks counseling for this kid because he may wind up thinking its his fault because his dad was trying to get the ball for him.
Thanks, Captain America. When I need your input I will ask for it. I have no compassion for someone who does something stupid. He was so interested in getting that stupid ball he forgot he was standing in front of a twenty foot high ledge.

Now the boy has to grow up with a stupid baseball instead of his father. Yeah, seems worth it.
HMFIC

New Britain, CT

#21 Jul 8, 2011
Typical wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the truth though. Is a baseball worth losing your life over? Seriously, it's a god damn baseball!!
I thought you didn't believe in God... right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Rangers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. Louis Cardinals: Seung-Hwan Oh should repla... Jun 19 P Funk 1
News Nomar Mazara To Replace Mitch Moreland? Apr '16 windingmywatch 1
News Orioles could make move for a reliever after Br... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fart news 2
News Johnny Manziel at Rangers game days after leavi... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Johnny Rehab 2
News Josh Hamilton not missed by Texas Rangers fans (Oct '14) Oct '14 169114Rock 2
News Mariners inch closer to postseason, yet fans st... (Aug '14) Aug '14 johnnyj 1
Texas Rangers Live Stream (Aug '14) Aug '14 gecore 1
More from around the web