Reds 9, Cardinals 7: Hot and bothered | The Columbus Dispatch

Francisco Cordero had every reason to believe he would watch the Cincinnati Reds finish their series sweep of the St. Full Story
Richard

Lewis Center, OH

#1 May 16, 2011
Thanks for the REDs story. We need more. At the end of the year we will look back on this series as pivitol. The cardinals came to Cincy Friday with an attitude and keft with their tails between their legs.
miguel quiles

Bristol, CT

#2 May 16, 2011
you are right Richard..they came in CINCY''' with they head swollen..GO RED'S LEGS
Don Simpson

Columbus, OH

#3 May 16, 2011
Take that Cardinals!!

On a side note, that Aroldis Chapman performance in the 9th was flat out disgusting and sad. The one out he was able to get was a 390' rocket.

Reds sweep, Yankees get swept, and LeBron gets punished by the Bulls, damn good day yesterday.
Okiebuck

Owasso, OK

#4 May 16, 2011
Go get em Reds! I just wish Mr. Arrogant, Tony LaRussa would have been there to watch it.
Cru Jones

Columbus, OH

#6 May 16, 2011
And to think I never used to think as poorly of the Cardinals as I do of those whiney, pretentious teams from the coast.

Come on, Cardinals. Why would a pitcher hit someone with a 0-2 count and the game so close in the ninth inning?
Not Worried

Columbus, OH

#7 May 16, 2011
And the Reds are up one and a half games now, not 1.
huh

New York, NY

#8 May 16, 2011
BP was right on the money with the Cards being a bunch of whiney #itches. TL sets the tone for the Cards and it shows. Hope Aroldis gets sorted out soon. Go Reds!(and also glad to see the Indians off to such a good start)

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

#9 May 16, 2011
It was great to see the Reds come out with the brooms for this series. This series was the most important series of the next month and a half for the Reds. With the Reds 1.5 games up on the Cards but 4 games up on Milwaukee, just winning the series against the Cardinals was important. Sweeping them was icing on the cake! Hopefully they take the momentum and win the next two versus Chicago and again against Pittsburgh before heading out on a 10 game road trip against 3 hot teams...Cleveland, Philly, and Atlanta. They needed to win 9 out of 11 to pad the record before that road trip.
that train is dead

Reynoldsburg, OH

#10 May 16, 2011
I am hoping for a Reds & Indians World Series just to drive karon nuts. 7 games too!!!
BJM

Sheridan, AR

#11 Mar 18, 2012
Hey all you Reds fans. How do you like leading a division in May? LOL!!! GO CARDS!!! 12n12

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Louis Cardinals Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Series Preview: Cardinals at Phillies, August 2... Aug '14 Just upset with b... 1
Albert Pujols: Cardinals GM John Mozeliak Speak... (Jan '12) Apr '14 M Hunt 14
Edwin Jackson looks to bounce back for Cubs in ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 earl scott 1
Column: Miller will make Hall and have last laugh (Dec '13) Dec '13 PB in Saint Paul 1
New York Yankees Trying To Trade For David Freese (Nov '13) Nov '13 Comnsnse 1
Rounding Third: Did Lester have a little help? (Oct '13) Nov '13 Janitor 4
Red Sox win World Series with 6-1 victory over ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Grogan 1

St. Louis Cardinals People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE