On this Day: Roberto Clemente Dies in...

On this Day: Roberto Clemente Dies in Plane Crash

There are 8 comments on the findingDulcinea story from Dec 31, 2007, titled On this Day: Roberto Clemente Dies in Plane Crash. In it, findingDulcinea reports that:

On Dec. 31, 1972, Roberto Clemente, all-star outfielder for the Pittsburgh Pirates, was killed en route to deliver assistance to earthquake victims in Nicaragua.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at findingDulcinea.

Lynn Garcia

San Francisco, CA

#1 Oct 1, 2008
As a fellow Puerto Rican and human being, I am extremely proud of Roberto Clemente. While many famous personalities give to those less fortunate, there are few that give from the heart. Roberto Clemente is still a diamond in the rough.
jow

Smithfield, NC

#2 Oct 2, 2008
sad
Paige

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Nov 1, 2008
thats soo sad that poor man he was very helpful and carring though.
Luis

Lawton, OK

#4 Nov 7, 2008
One of Puerto Ricos finest and brilliant men. His name,number and legacy will never be forgotten! God bless
Chris

Spotsylvania, VA

#5 Nov 13, 2008
Roberto Clemente was a great caring man in my mind he will all ways stay there.
Darryl

Lenni, PA

#6 Dec 31, 2008
What's most sad about Clemente's death is that it was completely preventable. He died because of the greed and corner-cutting of the owner of the plan and the pilot. This was a completely man-made tragedy.
joweata

Stillman Valley, IL

#7 Mar 18, 2010
that is very sad he was a nice man
joweata

Stillman Valley, IL

#8 Mar 18, 2010
roberto clemente is the best

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pittsburgh Pirates Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atlanta Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez, coaching... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fart news 5
News Pirates Call It Sickening To See 'Jihadi John' ... (Feb '15) Mar '15 mike tirico 3
Pittsburgh Pirates Live Stream (Aug '14) Mar '15 Mabey X Pirate Fan 2
News Recap: Pittsburgh vs. Cincinnati (Aug '14) Aug '14 rgrock 1
News Pirates vs. Marlins: Series Preview Chat - June... (Jun '14) Jun '14 stanley 1
News MLB Uses Expanded Replay 1st Time, Call Confirmed (Mar '14) Mar '14 Zunitalks 1
News Pittsburghs North Side is an eclectic mix (Feb '14) Mar '14 Just a thought 14
More from around the web