Mark McGwire admits he used steroids

Mark McGwire admits he used steroids

There are 4 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Jan 11, 2010, titled Mark McGwire admits he used steroids. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

Mark McGwire finally came clean Monday, admitting he used steroids when he broke baseball's home run record in 1998.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

MNT BIKE CHAMP

South San Francisco, CA

#1 Jan 11, 2010
HA HA CHEATER....the champ has never used roids to win any of his titles...
d martinez

San Francisco, CA

#2 Jan 12, 2010
MNT BIKE CHAMP wrote:
HA HA CHEATER....the champ has never used roids to win any of his titles...
maybe you'd be a champ if you had... being a posser must be tough.
PeteRoseWasScrew ed

Dallas, TX

#3 Jan 12, 2010
Yeah, but I bet these juicers go right into the hall of fame and keep their records.

The real Home run king: Henry Aaron

The all time hits leader: Pete Rose who was screwed out of the hall of fame.

Most real home runs in a season: Roger Maris

I will never pay $ to see an MLB game for as long as I live. The real heroes of this game are long gone and now all you have are dope sniffing, needle pushing, celebrities, who think they are above the law.
Martina2

San Francisco, CA

#4 Jan 12, 2010
Some fans are such drama queens - People act as if Baseball has always been some kind of a sacred shrine.

Please ... ever hear of the 1919 Black Sox gambling scandal? Recently, Gaylord Perry cheated his way into the Hall of Fame. Throughout the late 50s and 60s ball players routinely took speed (amphetamines) to "juice" up for games, following long travel between cities. Home Run records?

What was so sacred about Maris hitting the majority of his 1961 home runs down the right field into thast short porch? The new Yankee Stadium was built with a right field corner dimension that insures that someday a Yankee will have the home run record again - what a joke.

While manager, Pete Rose bet on games that involved his team - he didn't bet to lose, but what he did compromised the game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakland Athletics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Early trades tweak Dipoto's offseason focus Nov 15 Johnnyj 1
News Trades Hurt Oakland Athletics' Team Chemistry (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart Update 2
News Oakland in 'frustrating time' as losses mount (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart news 2
News Fan reaction mixed over Beane's latest moves (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart news 4
News Oakland A's at Seattle Mariners: Series preview (May '15) May '15 tom wingo 2
News Cubs to call up top infielder prospect for seco... (Apr '15) Apr '15 EARL SCOTT 1
News Reddick's 3-Run Homer Sends A's To 5-0 Victory ... (Apr '15) Apr '15 tom wingo 2
More from around the web