A's blast five home runs, pound Twins...

A's blast five home runs, pound Twins 12-5

There are 11 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 11, 2009, titled A's blast five home runs, pound Twins 12-5. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

In their last trip to the Metrodome, the Oakland Athletics rekindled memories of the old Homer Dome.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

scotwil

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#1 Sep 11, 2009
Interesting. If you compare our results against the Yankees with our results against the As, they're actually pretty similar. We're terrible against good teams, and just as awful against bad teams. We're equal opportunity pathetic. Does anybody really still think this club is in contention?
bobby

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Sep 12, 2009
scotwil wrote:
Interesting. If you compare our results against the Yankees with our results against the As, they're actually pretty similar. We're terrible against good teams, and just as awful against bad teams. We're equal opportunity pathetic. Does anybody really still think this club is in contention?
no

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

#3 Sep 12, 2009
The only consistent thing about this team this year has been it's inconsistency with it's pitching staff. And that is why this team will be very fortunate to finish with a .500 record. For anyone to think otherwise is suffering from a severe case of delusions of grandeur.
JimBob

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Sep 12, 2009
better luck next year is all I can say; dissapointing bullpen.
brachiosaurus

Attleboro, MA

#6 Sep 12, 2009
Ironically, Detroit and Chicago are both losing, too. It would be the moment for the Twins to take the division, but they either are simply not good enough or no longer have any hope themselves. They don't seem very hungry for the play-offs and almost seemed to think that the Metrodome plus Blackburn equaled an automatic victory.

Gardenhire did a good job putting in the second team, which managed to score four runs. At least we'll get a chance to look over the prospects for next year's team. Liriano looked good coming out of the bullpen. If he's handled a little bit like Mijares, the Twins might have their left-handers out of the bullpen for next season.

“Aspiring Human”

Since: Jan 09

Florida

#7 Sep 12, 2009
BARBARIC, maybe the naysayers were right, this team probably needed to be contracted, or at the very least demoted to double or triple A.
Smartie

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Sep 12, 2009
Mauer - Sour
Morneau - No more.
Mike

Saint Cloud, MN

#9 Sep 12, 2009
Blackburn kept taking his hat off early, which means it wasn't going to be a good night. Mr. Smith, get together with the manager and start making your off-season wish list, you can see what's wrong with this bunch. If you stand pat, forget about me paying attention to this bunch in their new stadium next year. You've got alot of potential trading partners who are looking at their teams the same way.

Since: Jan 09

Woodland Hills, CA

#10 Sep 12, 2009
JimBob wrote:
better luck next year is all I can say; dissapointing bullpen.
Yes but the real root cause is the incompetent FRONT OFFICE and the lack of leadership by both the Pohlads and Gardenhire (who may be limited by more ways than one).
abbylaheartinstp aul

United States

#11 Sep 12, 2009
I hope someone can help me. I have the MLB package and for the last week in a half on the Twins feed, Fox Sports North, I can't hear Bert and Dick because the background sound is to high. In four years this is the first time this has happened. I begging someone at FOX SPORTS NORTH to turn down the background noise and give me back the announcers. It doesn't happen on commercials only when they are announcing. It is not the cable company here in Los Angeles, it is the Minnesota feed. Thank you very much
Murph

Vashon, WA

#12 Sep 12, 2009
What play off hopes? Our play off hopes all played full seasons in the minors! Sack Smith "IF" he is the master of this disaster.ANYONE other than him NOT see this late season swoon coming? What a waste of time and energy.The money saved does not equal the fan based losses.Play your best players and let the cards fall.When people hit .200 all season long.it proves they should have been gone in June or July and not still out there getting one single hit every three games.To make matters worse none of those players have EVER displayed extra base power of any kind. Get on the ball Smith or the first stage out of town!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakland Athletics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Around the Horn: Second thoughts for A's Jan 28 AroundPhartz 2
News Early trades tweak Dipoto's offseason focus Nov '16 Johnnyj 1
News Trades Hurt Oakland Athletics' Team Chemistry (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart Update 2
News Oakland in 'frustrating time' as losses mount (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart news 2
News Fan reaction mixed over Beane's latest moves (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart news 4
News Oakland A's at Seattle Mariners: Series preview (May '15) May '15 tom wingo 2
News Cubs to call up top infielder prospect for seco... (Apr '15) Apr '15 EARL SCOTT 1
More from around the web