A-Rod wants to be activated; Yankees refuse

There are 20 comments on the Jul 25, 2013, Boston.com story titled A-Rod wants to be activated; Yankees refuse. In it, Boston.com reports that:

Alex Rodriguez's already strained relationship with the New York Yankees hit another low when he pushed to be activated from the disabled list Friday, the team refused and he had a lawyer join the discussion of his injury rehabilitation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston.com.

PB in Saint Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jul 26, 2013
Sounds to me like a business that suddenly no longer likes an employee, is too cheap to pay them off & fire them, and is trying to make them quit.
Also, if A-Rod is ready to play and the Yankees keep him on the DL, where insurance pays his salary, wouldn't the insurance company be curious about insurance fraud?
Mets Fan Forever

Jersey City, NJ

#2 Jul 27, 2013
Hey Selig: GROW A PAIR AND BAN A-ROID FOR LIFE PLUS 10 YEARS!!!! I also want everyone who has a A-Roid jersey or shirt to get rid of that piece of garbage (burn it, use it to wipe your behind after taking a no. 2 or wax your car) and buy a #5 David Wright jersey or shirt because WRIGHT IS A 100% ROLE MODEL and A-Roid looks like he couldn't spell ROLE MODEL at all. David RESPECTS the game. A-Roid doesn't. Plus it's about DAMN time that the Mets take over the Tri-State area just like they did in the late 60's-early 70's and in the mid to late 80's and the Stankees wind up in the gutter like Amanda Bynes.
ithink

London, KY

#3 Jul 30, 2013
selig should grow some balls,and suspend BIG PAPI.he tested positive for PED'S and denied it,saying a vitamin cocktail caused it.arod has never tested positive for PED'S.sure was hush,hush with BIG PAPI.
BigIrish

Covington, VA

#4 Jul 30, 2013
Ban this FRAUD for LIFE!

Since: Jul 13

Hollywood, FL

#5 Jul 30, 2013
It's very disappointing. The Yankees should drop Rodriguez or attempt to trade him, though of course no one would want him. The Yankee organization needs to find a way to drop his contract and ship him to San Diego or Chicago, anywhere but New York. I wouldn't be surprised if don't see Rodriguez in a Major League Game this year.
Go Yankees

Watertown, NY

#6 Aug 1, 2013
I've been a Yankee fan since 1976 and will always be but now I realize that PED's have been all over the team. Just as it was for the Cowboys of the 90's . Just as it was most likely for the Chicago Bulls of the 90's

Lance Armstrong and most likely many of our Olympic 'greats' of the past.

There was always a depp connection between Cano and Melky Cabrera. A-rod and jeter. Now Bartolo Colon with stellar stats year after his ban.
The week that Melky was banned, Cano went into a slump.

Many of them play the drug test game... Take a test then spurge on the drugs for a while.

Many of baseball's great's and not so greats even have done it before even getting to the majors.

Ban or not I do not want A-rod on the Yankees but feel the rest involved need exposed. Across the entire league.
Kelly

Rochester, NY

#7 Aug 3, 2013
A Rod has finally met his match. His thinking he is above it all and the best just isn't true. Was sorry the day Yankees even brought him on board. And when he insinuated he is better than Jeter, he just doesn't have the proof to back it up. Ban him and everyone will soon forget who he ever was.
gobraves

Nashville, GA

#8 Aug 3, 2013
I can't stand a cocky, conceited athlete. He's a loser who thinks he's a winner.
I don't care how much they pay him. He's coming down to earth, falling fast.
GuiltByAssociati on

Bryn Mawr, PA

#9 Aug 6, 2013
Mets Fan Forever wrote:
Hey Selig: GROW A PAIR AND BAN A-ROID FOR LIFE PLUS 10 YEARS!!!! I also want everyone who has a A-Roid jersey or shirt to get rid of that piece of garbage (burn it, use it to wipe your behind after taking a no. 2 or wax your car) and buy a #5 David Wright jersey or shirt because WRIGHT IS A 100% ROLE MODEL and A-Roid looks like he couldn't spell ROLE MODEL at all. David RESPECTS the game. A-Roid doesn't. Plus it's about DAMN time that the Mets take over the Tri-State area just like they did in the late 60's-early 70's and in the mid to late 80's and the Stankees wind up in the gutter like Amanda Bynes.
What the heck are people doing buying over priced tickets and souveners from from professional sports teams anyway. The players strike in the early 90s should've told everyone what the MLB and players were about. Didn't learn your lesson after the Bonds-McGuire era shame on you. You are ignorant to the use of PEDs in sports.

That being said A Rod should hold out. To me unless they can prove criminal activity in this Biogenesis ring A Rod simply got caught under the rules and procedures of MLB which includes testimony only. Yes, MLB needs to make an example or set the tone but a big investigation or scandal every now and then doesn't cut it. Why did the MLB wait until the season was well underway and after the already late all star game to do this.
cpelletier

Fort Worth, TX

#10 Aug 10, 2013
If Steinbrenner were still alive Arod would have been gone already.
Win Steinbrenners Money

Miami, FL

#11 Aug 12, 2013
cpelletier wrote:
If Steinbrenner were still alive Arod would have been gone already.
Gone where? They guy has a guaranteed contract, and what other team would trade for ARod?
Win Steinbrenners Money

Miami, FL

#12 Aug 12, 2013
gobraves wrote:
I can't stand a cocky, conceited athlete. He's a loser who thinks he's a winner.
I don't care how much they pay him. He's coming down to earth, falling fast.
Losers love to see others fail.
PB in Saint Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Aug 12, 2013
Win Steinbrenners Money wrote:
<quoted text>
Gone where? They guy has a guaranteed contract, and what other team would trade for ARod?
Japan, Korea, a minor league team somewhere..... George'd pay him off, but make him gone.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#14 Aug 18, 2013
PB in Saint Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
Japan, Korea, a minor league team somewhere..... George'd pay him off, but make him gone.
YES!!
305YanksFan

Miami, FL

#15 Aug 19, 2013
PB in Saint Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
George (rest his soul) also would've fired Girardi after the 2011 season. The Boss had his issues.
PB in Saint Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Aug 23, 2013
305YanksFan wrote:
<quoted text>
George (rest his soul) also would've fired Girardi after the 2011 season. The Boss had his issues.
True!
Pete Rose

Bells, TN

#17 Aug 25, 2013
F*ck A-rod!
Homer Simpson

Leicester, UK

#18 Aug 25, 2013
Yawn!
Baseball Fan

Portsmouth, OH

#19 Sep 9, 2013
Ban Arod and all the other drug users for life. They banned Pete Rose for life for gambling on baseball. If Major League Baseball is going to let these cheaters off,then Pete Rose should be reinstated to the sport. Pete will always be known as the all time hits leader. And he didn't have use SED to get it done.
Ozzie Guillen

Chicago, IL

#20 Sep 10, 2013
Pete Rose wrote:
F*ck A-rod!
Hey Pete Rose, I just wanna say I really admire you and you belong in the Hall of Fame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Yankees Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 hr jimi-yank 315,482
News Blue Lizard Drafted by Yankees and Cubs Mar '15 stewart scott 2
News Like It Or Not, Alex Rodriguez Isn't Going Anyw... (May '14) Mar '15 A Roid 3
News Yankees News: Team Signs Kyle Davies To Minor L... Feb '15 report 1
News Rodriguez plans to meet with Yanks ahead of spr... Feb '15 Mets Fan Forever 1
News Alex Rodriguez Admits To DEA He Used Performanc... Dec '14 shuttip 3
News Things to know about MLB free-agent signings Dec '14 EARL SCOTT 1
More from around the web