Yankees likely out of running for Tei...

Yankees likely out of running for Teixeira

There are 301 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 10, 2008, titled Yankees likely out of running for Teixeira. In it, Newsday reports that:

The Yankees' acquisition of CC Sabathia , and their likely signing of one more top-flight starting pitcher, will all but take them out of the running for Mark Teixeira, two people familiar with the situation ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#22 Dec 10, 2008
I'm hoping they are waiting for others to make their offers, so they know where they stand, and then hit him with a better offer.
NIGHT RIDER

Scottsdale, AZ

#24 Dec 10, 2008
How many 1st round eliminations in a row are the Yanks shooting for? Too many to keep track of! It's either 4 or 5.
Jim

AOL

#25 Dec 10, 2008
JETER CARA DE POTO wrote:
<quoted text>
Samebody is already seeing tragedy?; another Car Pavano?
Who knows; for any reason the Indians trade this guy to a NL Team and he wanted to stay in the NL.
Sabathia won't be the 1st Yankees player that would like to play for another Team.,; The Yankees is staring to look like av team where the plauyers don't want to play for them.,; I think only H;OMO CAPTAIN is the only one who wants to play for the Yankees
HUH??????????
Jim

AOL

#26 Dec 10, 2008
<quoted text>
What make you think that Texeira wants to play for the Yankees? forget it;who cares; The Yankees is trying to build a team with a bunch of guys who doesn't want to play for them
AROD, CC Sabathia; Jeter wants to be a girl etc etc
WHAT?????????
Jim

AOL

#27 Dec 10, 2008
<quoted text>
Samebody is already seeing tragedy?; another Car Pavano?
Who knows; for any reason the Indians trade this guy to a NL Team and he wanted to stay in the NL.
Sabathia won't be the 1st Yankees player that would like to play for another Team.,; The Yankees is staring to look like av team where the plauyers don't want to play for them.,; I think only H;OMO CAPTAIN is the only one who wants to play for the Yankees
You are undoubtedly the most ignorant individual to ever go near a key board!
Better to keep quiet and let people think you are a fool then to open your mouth and prove it!
Suggestion: Shut up and go away!
MORON!!!
Prince of Mastic Beach

AOL

#28 Dec 10, 2008
No way we should be outbid for Texera or Manny Ramirez. Sign both of them and trade Damon and Matsui for Hamilton. Then we are unstopable!
Jim

AOL

#29 Dec 10, 2008
Prince of Mastic Beach wrote:
No way we should be outbid for Texera or Manny Ramirez. Sign both of them and trade Damon and Matsui for Hamilton. Then we are unstopable!
Sounds great but not very realistic!!!
LIAM

Plano, TX

#30 Dec 10, 2008
Hope you weren't serious.
fan

Bristol, CT

#31 Dec 10, 2008
Even if we don't sign another pitcher I think the yankees should now pursue TEX with everything they got. A rotation that has guys like CC, Wang and pettitte(assuming he is resigned) should be able to hold down the rotation side of things. Just imagine, TEX hitting next to Arod? You kidding me? Thats a scary lineup, also a duo that almost guarantees the yanks a 900+ runs scored season if they avoid injuries to their team. Resign Abreu too...

Paul Yanks

“YANKS 27 Time World Champions”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#32 Dec 10, 2008
fan wrote:
Even if we don't sign another pitcher I think the yankees should now pursue TEX with everything they got. A rotation that has guys like CC, Wang and pettitte(assuming he is resigned) should be able to hold down the rotation side of things. Just imagine, TEX hitting next to Arod? You kidding me? Thats a scary lineup, also a duo that almost guarantees the yanks a 900+ runs scored season if they avoid injuries to their team. Resign Abreu too...
Love to see the Yanks go after Tex..but still need 1 of the three..Sheets,Lowe and AJ...
man

New York, NY

#33 Dec 11, 2008
Matsui cant be traded. he has a no trade clause, and dont think that his Japanese pride or his home country will accept the insult of being traded from the Yankees.
Tex looks like going to Boston to protect Papi.
Aj was offered a nice contract, perhaops he accpets and comes here. he's proven inthe AL East and,like Moose was in Baltimore, is a Yankee Killer so wont have to face him any more.
when Wang contract is up they will need to pay him big cuz if they dont he will get bonafied offers all over the league and he someday will be the big fish in Free agency market.
not sure what to make of their offense. Cameron may bounce back and have a good yr if he sees enuf pitches.
here we are wondering about their offense and they still overall have abetter team personel than most, we all seem to be lookin for a superstar at every position.
LIAM

Plano, TX

#34 Dec 11, 2008
man wrote:
Matsui cant be traded. he has a no trade clause, and dont think that his Japanese pride or his home country will accept the insult of being traded from the Yankees.
Aj was offered a nice contract, perhaops he accpets and comes here. he's proven inthe AL East and,like Moose was in Baltimore, is a Yankee Killer so wont have to face him any more.
when Wang contract is up they will need to pay him big cuz if they dont he will get bonafied offers all over the league and he someday will be the big fish in Free agency market.
not sure what to make of their offense. Cameron may bounce back and have a good yr if he sees enuf pitches.
here we are wondering about their offense and they still overall have abetter team personel than most, we all seem to be lookin for a superstar at every position.
Agree Matsui isn't going anywhere, neither is Damon for that matter. I think Cameron is a decent upgrade in center over Melky. Melky will never be anything more then a 4th outfielder in the big leagues. Abreu is gone and is not coming back. No room for him with Matsui,Damon,Nady, soon to be Cameron already slotted in.
Not liking the rumors about the Yanks also bringing in Hall from the Brewers. Doesn't make sense to me unless they already plan on trading Cano and having Hall as a backup plan at 2nd. Not a good idea in my eyes. This is gonna be interesting. Gotta love the hot stove.
Prince of Mastic Beach

AOL

#35 Dec 11, 2008
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds great but not very realistic!!!
what is not realistic? 2 all stars for one all star/
Prince of Mastic Beach

AOL

#36 Dec 11, 2008
man wrote:
Like I care about what japan thinks after world war 2. Its a busness, who gives a dam?
Prince of Mastic Beach

AOL

#37 Dec 11, 2008
LIAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you weren't serious.
Why, are you a mets fan?
Disgusted

Colnbrook, UK

#38 Dec 12, 2008
<quoted text>what is not realistic? 2 all stars for one all star/
First, neither Damon nor Matsui are all-stars, but Hamilton is. Why would Texas trade a stud like Hamilton for 2 older and overpaid outfielders?
LIAM

Plano, TX

#39 Dec 12, 2008
<quoted text>Why, are you a mets fan?
No your just obviously retarded or just very young and do not understand the business of baseball. Trading 2 men that are not worth their sallary and have health problems for one of the great young stars in the game just doesn't make sense. Why in the world would Texas want to give him up?
Len

New York, NY

#40 Dec 12, 2008
<quoted text>
What make you think that Texeira wants to play for the Yankees? forget it;who cares; The Yankees is trying to build a team with a bunch of guys who doesn't want to play for them
AROD, CC Sabathia; Jeter wants to be a girl etc etc
So is your problem that you don't speak english very well or are you just a know nothing mental midget ???
Jim

AOL

#41 Dec 12, 2008
Len wrote:
<quoted text>
So is your problem that you don't speak english very well or are you just a know nothing mental midget ???
BOTH!!!
Prince of Mastic Beach

AOL

#42 Dec 12, 2008
LIAM wrote:
<quoted text>
No your just obviously retarded or just very young and do not understand the business of baseball. Trading 2 men that are not worth their sallary and have health problems for one of the great young stars in the game just doesn't make sense. Why in the world would Texas want to give him up?
2 All stars for one. If you want throw in a minor leager or two

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Yankees Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 hr Paul Yanks 335,475
News The Yankees should be selling (Aug '16) Jan 23 FrankPharts 3
News Is Girardi's Time Running Out? Dec '16 Yank22 8
News Yankees' realistic dream Opening Day lineup for... Dec '16 Yank22 3
News Video: Jonathan Holder Speaks at Baseball Luncheon Oct '16 Michele Cotten 1
News Which N.J. stars have landed on the cover of Sp... Oct '16 Denise Klotz-Hina 1
News Yankees CC Sabathia Plans to Keep Pitching Beyo... Oct '16 Spike 4
More from around the web