Bidding For Troubled L.A. Dodgers May Top $1 Billion

Jan 26, 2012 Full story: KOAT-TV

The troubled Los Angeles Dodgers, one of baseball's most storied franchises, began receiving bids from potential buyers this week in a sale that's expected to set a Major League record at more than $1 billion.

Full Story
SFSoldier PHC

Cobb, CA

#1 Jan 26, 2012
I sincerely hope the courts which are handling the Dodger's bankruptcy and sale of the team will force Mr. McCourt to return the documented $173 million that he and his wife Jamie siphoned off from the team for their own personal pleasure and whims, back into the club! After they took over the team, the ticket, parking, concession and souvenir prices went practically sky high, yet they needed to BORROW money from different sources just to pay player and other employee (I'm guessing) salaries! Incredible!!!
And as a side note, I would like to see the new owners give Ned Colletti the boot! He has made more bone-headed player trade-off and acquisition decisions than any General Manager ought to be allowed to make, and as a result, we lost MANY a good, solid, loyal player to other teams and to forced retirement. And we've picked up a few lemons in the process too. Thanks for allowing me to vent.
Bob

Oradell, NJ

#2 Jan 27, 2012
One BILLION!?!

Wow, I sure hope the Wilpon family in New York is following this. They could use the money and Mets fans could use new owners.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Yankees Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 5 hr the Don 309,293
The New York Yankees' Investing Blunder Cost De... Oct 18 Big mike 3
Judge helps Scottsdale rally past Glendale Oct 12 Comnsnse 1
Jeter launches site to connect athletes to fans Oct 2 Laughing Bear Fan 1
comnsnse Oct 1 Big mike 2
Will Derek Jeter's reign in the Bronx end in rain? Sep 29 Big mike 2
3 New York Yankees Players Trying to Save Their... Sep 29 Big mike 6

New York Yankees People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE