Yankees Will Honor Nelson Mandela Wit...

Yankees Will Honor Nelson Mandela With Memorial In Stadium's Monument Park

There are 3 comments on the ThinkProgress story from Dec 9, 2013, titled Yankees Will Honor Nelson Mandela With Memorial In Stadium's Monument Park. In it, ThinkProgress reports that:

The New York Yankees announced Monday that they plan to honor former South African president Nelson Mandela, who died at age 95 last week, with a plaque at Yankee Stadium's Monument Park, where a plaque recognizing the anti-apartheid leader will sit next to those honoring former Yankee greats like Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ThinkProgress.

vilkey

Globe, AZ

#1 Dec 9, 2013
This is total bs, mandela was a mass murderer and a communist, history proves this. this is a slap to all Americans who have fought and died defending our country
Jim Shortz

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Dec 10, 2013
honoring this mandela stooge is a disgrace

this clown was a common terrorist...now being raped in hell with his girlfriend yassir arafat

cmon yankees, don't be foolish
PB in Saint Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Dec 10, 2013
What does Mandela have to do with baseball???
Seems totally irrelevant to me, and not worth a news story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Yankees Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 13 hr jimi-yank 332,103
News Brian McCann calls Yankees' kids 'Best young gr... Aug 23 Stella Velasquez 6
News A-Rod all but ruling out return in '17 Aug 23 El Cacique 1
News The Yankees should be selling Aug 1 jimmy jones 1
News Yankees get Aroldis Chapman from Reds for 4 min... (Dec '15) Jun '16 ericjagielo1 9
News Yankees' Dustin Ackley to have season-ending su... Jun '16 Spike 2
News Hal Steinbrenner should blame himself, too, for... May '16 Spike 3
More from around the web