Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#281058 May 29, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, I hate the Sox more than any poster on this forum. Although I admit, early on in the year, I did root for the games started by Dempster but the guy sucks and have posted they lose every game
Dempster (7 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 4 K) Those aren't bad numbers, just bad numbers when pitching against a switched on Cliff Lee
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#281059 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>The difference is I can debate things with Sox fans like DW without resorting to anger and insults. Sure he is very pro Sox in this forum, but at least he backs up what he says with legit baseball facts. Posters like Dell and Paul are pro Yankee and base all their facts on homerisms
Let it be noted as evidence I didn't ride you over your sweep prediction- my reply to that was factual, to which you accepted and did not respond..

Yet when Jimi posted that the Rays will sweep the Sox I presented a similiar factual explaination to which he didn't respond except to repeat it over and over like a scorned child...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#281060 May 29, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> oh my, nothing to say about the red sox lose pinky?
Well I'll say it saves you your worst nightmare of the Mets beating the Yankees and having it benefit the Sox...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#281061 May 29, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Did you see my pal there last night? Hung tu big?
I didn't see you here last night...urgent pizza get in the way of posting at the end of mo's bad night out?
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#281062 May 29, 2013
Its official. Sale loses his 2 start status and will go on Sunday only this week. No biggie for me with Latos and Cahill as my 2 starters. My opponent only has 6 starts anyways. But poor Bronto. With his offense which didn't get addressed till the 6th round, he needs as many starts as possible. And also take note, his 1st offensive player is and has been on the DL and will be for a while. This has potential for an all time bad fantasy team
I predicted the Yankees will win by 10 today if the Mets took the first two.... these games are real feel good stuff for Yanks fans you gotta say their bats outweigh the Mets on the back end of the rotation....

Nothing intersting about these matchups....

“No Lying”

Since: Oct 07

And Never Fooled

#281063 May 29, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Dempster (7 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 4 K) Those aren't bad numbers, just bad numbers when pitching against a switched on Cliff Lee
I had Dempster in fantasy. In the beginning, he had some tough losses like last nite. He did go thru a stretch of a few bad starts. Bottom line is the guy is on pace to win 6 games this year

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#281064 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Let it be noted as evidence I didn't ride you over your sweep prediction- my reply to that was factual, to which you accepted and did not respond..
Yet when Jimi posted that the Rays will sweep the Sox I presented a similiar factual explaination to which he didn't respond except to repeat it over and over like a scorned child...
Well we both were wrong. I was wrong at the result and you were wrong about Kuroda being tired. Although the Mets offense is a big zero. Other than Wright, they're nothing

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#281065 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>
I predicted the Yankees will win by 10 today if the Mets took the first two.... these games are real feel good stuff for Yanks fans you gotta say their bats outweigh the Mets on the back end of the rotation....
Nothing intersting about these matchups....
MLB network televising the Sox/Phillies tonight over here and I don't feel like going out tonight, so I will miss it. Its Phelps/Hafner tonight. Mo is rested if needed. He only faced 3 batters and threw like 8 pitches last nite
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#281066 May 29, 2013
Huh Cashman trots out to Trenton to see Youk and Teixi got 0 for 2 each...wonder if Teixi even swung the bat in warmups...Pettitte on the hurry up expess as well...

so cut 3 from the Yanks by the end of the weekend...

Nuno and Adams get optioned, then youre stuck...with 2 guys who play 1B back do you keep Overbay or do you cut more pitching?
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#281067 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>I had Dempster in fantasy. In the beginning, he had some tough losses like last nite. He did go thru a stretch of a few bad starts. Bottom line is the guy is on pace to win 6 games this year
Yeah perhaps but that said he hasn't been exactly lucky in alot of those losses...He keeps the team in the game usually and eats innings..IP doesn't mean much to you fantasy guys though...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#281068 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>MLB network televising the Sox/Phillies tonight over here and I don't feel like going out tonight, so I will miss it. Its Phelps/Hafner tonight. Mo is rested if needed. He only faced 3 batters and threw like 8 pitches last nite
Seems to me whenever Mo blows one he then blows another within a week ....then hes back on track....

Phelps Hafner isnt exactly edge of your seat stuff.

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#281069 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah perhaps but that said he hasn't been exactly lucky in alot of those losses...He keeps the team in the game usually and eats innings..IP doesn't mean much to you fantasy guys though...
Actually innings is one of the most important stat. If my guy goes into the 7th inning or more, than I know his start can't be too bad. Its the 4 inning and less starts that kills you. Outs are points. Since I'm not going to pay $5 and load up on 2 start starters each week, I bank on guys getting into the 7th inning
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#281070 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>Well we both were wrong. I was wrong at the result and you were wrong about Kuroda being tired. Although the Mets offense is a big zero. Other than Wright, they're nothing
Its a joke...asking doesn't Kuroda look tired...he's asian get it?

Think its more of an Australian joke coming from an Asian comedian here named Ahn Do or Danny Bhoy I forget which...

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#281071 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Its a joke...asking doesn't Kuroda look tired...he's asian get it?
Think its more of an Australian joke coming from an Asian comedian here named Ahn Do or Danny Bhoy I forget which...
I think a better joke is asking how Ichiro is able to hit a round ball with slanted eyes

“No Lying”

And Never Fooled

#281072 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Seems to me whenever Mo blows one he then blows another within a week ....then hes back on track....
Phelps Hafner isnt exactly edge of your seat stuff.
CC now facing Buckholz on Fri nite. We'll see if Buckholz is healthy enough to beat CC
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#281073 May 29, 2013
JBJr is back up for the Sox when they play by real baseball rules after tending to the bicep injury that derailed his hot spring...currently on a .438 tear at AAA....nice
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#281074 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>I think a better joke is asking how Ichiro is able to hit a round ball with slanted eyes
Um...quick hands?

I think I'll curb the racist jokes...the Kuroda joke is based on a joke by an Asian guy..so is retelling that joke racist...had that discussion here before...still not sure about the PC qualities of that..

Either way the jaded lying obsessed Jimi will harp on about it for years now...dying to hear the excuse for not posting after last nights loss...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#281075 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>CC now facing Buckholz on Fri nite. We'll see if Buckholz is healthy enough to beat CC
Bucholtz is fine..he threw long toss the day he was skipped...ever sleep on your shoulder funny and get up and it aches? Just a precaution why risk it...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#281076 May 29, 2013
<quoted text>CC now facing Buckholz on Fri nite. We'll see if Buckholz is healthy enough to beat CC
CC is beatable by lesser pitchers than Buch. Heres a good analytical article on CC:
>>>So Whatís The Deal With CC Sabathia?
May 29, 2013 by Brad Vietrogoski .
(Syndicated from An A-Blog for A-Rod)
CC Sabathia made his 11th start of the 2013 season on Sunday night, and if you saw any of it you know that it wasnít pretty. The big fella got smacked around for 7 ER in 7 innings, the most heís given up in one start this season, and currently finds himself with a 4-4 record, a 3.96/4.10/3.76 slash line, and in search of answers. With 2 months of starts under his belt, there is now a big enough sample size to truly start evaluating CC and not much has changed for the better in this second month after many of us wanted to wait and see how CC would look with more work under his belt. His fastball velocity is still underwhelming, his command in the strike zone is still spotty, and heís still way too hittable for anybody to feel as comfortable as they used to when CC takes the mound.
We knew making the adjustment to compensate for his lack of velocity was going to take some time, but CC has looked worse in his more recent starts than he had earlier in the season. Whatís going on with his transitional period thatís making it such a struggle for him?
Da GreatDirtyWater

Peakhurst, Australia

#281077 May 29, 2013
<cont'd>
Well it isnít strikeouts and walks, at least not according to his current rates. CCís 19.6% K rate, while a Yankee career low, isnít that far off from the K rates of his 2009 or 2010 seasons. His 5.1% BB rate is his best since 2007. It also isnít just bad luck. CCís .306 BABIP against is actually lower than in 2011, his best season as a Yankee. Clearly there is still plenty of stuff here, even if the 4-seamer doesnít have smoke trailing behind it like it used to, and clearly CC still hasnít forgotten how to use it.
What is different is CCís GB rate, down significantly from recent years and the lowest since his early years in Cleveland at 41.9%. Also different is CCís pitch selection, which has gone back to being 4-seamer (42.3%) and changeup (20.1%)-heavy at the expense of his slider and sinker. What started out as a 1-game observation has officially become a trend. CC has cut back on his slider usage big time from last yearís career-high rate of 31.8%, and heís using his sinker less than 10% of the time for the first time since 2009. Those changes likely explain the decrease in groundballs and strikeouts. What they donít explain is why CC would make those changes in approach when his fastball has diminished.
Of the pitches he throws regularly, CCís 4-seamer easily registers as the weakest this season. According to PitchF/X, opposing hitters are batting .295/.354/.509 against CCís fastball right now, good for a .369 wOBA. Heís also got his highest BB rate and lowest K rate with the pitch, so itís not just all about the velocity issue. CC is tied for 2nd in MLB with 11 HR allowed this season, another troubling statistical trend, and 6 of them have come off his fastball. If you arenít going to throw your heater with as much heat on it, you better be locating it in the right spots. So far this season CC hasnít done that and Sunday was clear proof. A CC thatís right with his fastball never gives up homers to the likes of Sean Rodriguez and James Loney EVER, let alone in the same game.
After expanding his pitch repertoire over the past few seasons and becoming a more well-rounded pitcher, CC has almost regressed back to a pitch selection breakdown similar to how he worked earlier in his career. Heís also turned into a pitcher with a more clearly defined plan of attack against right and left-handed hitters. Against righties this season, CC has been fastball/changeup-heavy (66.9% of all pitches thrown), locating away. Against lefties heís real heavy on slider (43.2%) and fastball (39.1%), with a slight tendency to go down and away. Not bad plans when youíre locating a speedy fastball, but much less effective when youíre not.
What still doesnít come through here is WHY CC is pitching this way. His slider has been his best swing-and-miss offspeed pitch for years. Itís still plenty good this season at an 18.6% whiff rate. His sinker has been a great pitch for CC to get easy GB outs and keep his pitch count down, something he hasnít done with any regularity this season and something that, as pointed out by SJK of NoMaas, brings back to mind concerns about his workload. Why has CC gone away from those pitches and thrown more fastballs? Is he still concerned about his elbow? Is there some lingering pain there that we donít know about? Does he not feel comfortable throwing as many sliders or sinkers if he canít set them up with a good 4-seamer? Only Carsten knows for sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Yankees Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Yankees Shouldn't Bother Rehabbing Jacoby E... 9 hr Ells Phartse 6
News Yankees: What in the world has happened to Didi... 9 hr I Phartse 5
News Yankees: It's time to cut losses with Neil Walk... Mon Netyank52 10
News Yankees Rumors: Trading for Cole Hamels doesn't... May 20 No Phartse 4
News Yankees are over Robinson Cano; everyone else i... May 18 First Phartse 3
Gardner and Hicks May 17 Micky55 3
News What the New York Yankees need to go from Conte... May 16 WePhartse 3