Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

“Anti-Troll is next”

Since: Jan 13

Oyster Bay, NY

#269612 Feb 7, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Count me in as the wheels are already in motion...Mets are in town May 31- June 1,2,3, which is perfect this way I can use a team driver, you know I hate flying and would much rather be in a stretch with the open bar. Not sure if i'll be on the Boardwalk though i'll have to check my calender as I normally give it away to friends with kids. With the Mets in town I can stay at the hotel in Miami. I'll have more info for you soon, in a phone call of course.
Hey buddy you can stay at my waterfront property in South Beach with Debbie if you want. No need to spend time with the rif raf in central florida visiting kiddie parks.
the don

Franklin Square, NY

#269613 Feb 7, 2013
don't know who's a bigger liar and idiot unbiased or his flunky aszwipe pete case 123 aka Momma. both stains...LMAO

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

#269614 Feb 7, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>This forum only has 2 deadbeat losers who supported the man in your pic. Liam being the other one. Liam openly came in here and posted all this love for Obama despite his record last 4 years. Of course he denied being a deadbeat and cited Mark Cuban as a big Obama supporter which he is. And of course Mark Cuban is no deadbeat. He is though a big Hollywood producer so he must be liberal. Did you know he produced a movie shortly after the 2nd Iraq War called Redacted. This movie was thankfully not shown in many theaters here however it was shown in the theaters that Cuban owns. The plot of the movie was about the American soldiers in Iraq committing all kinds of war crimes like murder and rapes of Iraqi citizens. And yes, Cuban did distribute this film overseas and pocketed millions from it. Is this fair to the millions of soldiers and their families overseas? Like I been saying, any and all Obama supporters are all deadbeats or lowlifes. No exceptions. As a show of respect in this forum, I ask you to take down your profile pic
That's right, every time I post, you jump.
Like a good little Jester.

Dance, little Jester! Dance!
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#269615 Feb 7, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
If Nova, Hughes and Phelps were on any other teams the hacks and haters would be tickeling themselves over what great young arms these guys are.
Jury is still out on Phelps, think his pluses may not outweigh his minor league options.You got Joba and AArdvark rehabbing in his spot.

Nova? He gets hit but he can put up some innings on the back end but his ERA doesn't hold if he slides up the rotation.

Hard to believe but Hughes is a FA next season. Thats a tough question: if he can put up 200 IP whats he worth...you'll be paying more for the position he pitches out of and you have to blind eye his past inconsistancies. In this market he could pull greater than $70m deal, look at what Anibal Sanchez got, theyre on par.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#269616 Feb 7, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Jury is still out on Phelps, think his pluses may not outweigh his minor league options.You got Joba and AArdvark rehabbing in his spot.
Nova? He gets hit but he can put up some innings on the back end but his ERA doesn't hold if he slides up the rotation.
Hard to believe but Hughes is a FA next season. Thats a tough question: if he can put up 200 IP whats he worth...you'll be paying more for the position he pitches out of and you have to blind eye his past inconsistancies. In this market he could pull greater than $70m deal, look at what Anibal Sanchez got, theyre on par.

the "jury" is still out on Phelps? By who? where? He can pitch in the bigs and proved it. As a long guy out of the pen or a spot starter, he is not going down to the minors and he is not a 7th inning guy.

Nova, is a 4th or a 5th starter. He has shown when "on" he is fine in that role. As for hughes, who knows what guy shows up. I have seen very few knocks on his ability. He does not put it together and one year he came in beckett fat...and was terrible..Doubt if he gets a sanchez contract offer from anyone.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#269617 Feb 7, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
the "jury" is still out on Phelps? By who? where? He can pitch in the bigs and proved it. As a long guy out of the pen or a spot starter, he is not going down to the minors and he is not a 7th inning guy.
Nova, is a 4th or a 5th starter. He has shown when "on" he is fine in that role. As for hughes, who knows what guy shows up. I have seen very few knocks on his ability. He does not put it together and one year he came in beckett fat...and was terrible..Doubt if he gets a sanchez contract offer from anyone.
Be realistic. Yanks are gonna have to carry the extra bench player as Hafner cant field. So thats 11 pitchers:

1 CC 2 Kuroda 3 Pettitte 4 Hughes 5 Nova 6 Robertson 7 Mariano 8 Logan 9 Rapada 10 Joba 11 Aardsma

Youre paying the last 2 already and both on walk years with no options. Maybe you can hide them on a DL rehab for 60 days but then you get into Pineda time. All have no options.

Phelps has options and his numbers are inflated by a large amount of mop up time.

Hughes is 25 or so and the market dictates the Sanchez contract is his benchmark if he makes it to about 200 IP this season. Anyway you look at it he isn't gonna hang around NY on the $ he's on now if long term security is offered elsewhere.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#269618 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Be realistic. Yanks are gonna have to carry the extra bench player as Hafner cant field. So thats 11 pitchers:
1 CC 2 Kuroda 3 Pettitte 4 Hughes 5 Nova 6 Robertson 7 Mariano 8 Logan 9 Rapada 10 Joba 11 Aardsma
Youre paying the last 2 already and both on walk years with no options. Maybe you can hide them on a DL rehab for 60 days but then you get into Pineda time. All have no options.
Phelps has options and his numbers are inflated by a large amount of mop up time.
Hughes is 25 or so and the market dictates the Sanchez contract is his benchmark if he makes it to about 200 IP this season. Anyway you look at it he isn't gonna hang around NY on the $ he's on now if long term security is offered elsewhere.

This explains it better then the jury out on phelps. Who knows if ardsma even stays healthy. Hughes goes where the money is as almost any player would do. Thanks for the input.

“Mickey Mantle”

Since: Aug 08

565 foot home run ball

#269619 Feb 7, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
This explains it better then the jury out on phelps. Who knows if ardsma even stays healthy. Hughes goes where the money is as almost any player would do. Thanks for the input.
Both of you make valid points. Think the Yanks break camp with 11 pitchers.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#269620 Feb 7, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Its not Phelps its just a numbers game.

I never really liked Aardvark even when he's was with the Sox.Never reliable over the long term but still a MLB ready pitcher.

Good deal for the Yanks though. Dirt cheap to sit around Tampa for a year then you get him on a discount. My guess is his contract has language about his making the MLB roster with a time limit so he won't be caught in AAA. So he probably is on the roster if he can pitch. If they delay his start with Pineda then thats 2 spots you have to find mid year.

“Same F*ck”

Since: Oct 07

Different You's

#269621 Feb 7, 2013
Pete Case 123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey buddy what a whrilwind couple of days, thanks for setting me up with that WWE model. We had a great time flying all over the country handling my case load as an attorney and then the Super Bowl parties in the French Quarter. Flying off to Hawaii tomorrow for the Pro Bowl tomorrow. Heard your book signings this week was a big success.
Yea, I just got back. I must have taken pics with with at least 100 female fans this afternoon. I met that model the day I held the WWE title. When the Truth/Dare guy threatned to break my arm in 3 seconds, I showed him the pic of the arm he said he would break. That unbreakable arm was holding a WWE title belt. It was no fake one bought at a toy store.

Just thinking back now. The Truth/Dare guy called you low brow. But whats funny was Jimi posted how he loved that name when he was posting back to the Truth/Dare guy, one of many occasians. This means he was posting to himself. Anyone care to dig up those old posts of him posting to himself and laughing, patting himself on the back
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#269622 Feb 7, 2013
Mariners to sign king Felix to a 7 year 175M deal extension.....
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/02/mariner...

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#269623 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Sanchez had a couple of great games in the postseason so part of his contract was based off the Tigers being prisnors of the moment. Don't think he would have gotten $70mil total if not for those postseason games. Unless Hughes has a lights out season or postseason, he won't get that $70mil deal

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#269624 Feb 7, 2013
Pete Case 123 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll shove so much sand down his throat it will come of out of his poach. to funny these low brows think they are in your league. Dopes like Sgt Carter can't even begin to imagine what it is like to be you and have your fame and money.
Sand or not, I'm so looking forward to this event in Orlando. All the characters from the 6 films will be there. Unfortunately there was a death today in the Star Wars family. My contacts informed me this morning of this sad story

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#269625 Feb 7, 2013
Horrible news out of Seattle. 1 less stud the Yankees can sign in the future
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#269626 Feb 7, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Both of you make valid points. Think the Yanks break camp with 11 pitchers.
Think they have to. Hafner a part time DH. Stll gonna need someone to back Ichiro's old bones and Youks who doubles as your backup 1B. Work out Cervelli Romine and Stewart at first in Tampa.

Remember you got Nunez to cover the left side and Jeter is coming off injury and Youk never comes to camp in shape.

Come to think of it Nunez covers every IF position bar 1B.ANd at this point is there most experienced backup OFer.

Frightning.
what

United States

#269627 Feb 7, 2013
what

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#269628 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Think they have to. Hafner a part time DH. Stll gonna need someone to back Ichiro's old bones and Youks who doubles as your backup 1B. Work out Cervelli Romine and Stewart at first in Tampa.
Remember you got Nunez to cover the left side and Jeter is coming off injury and Youk never comes to camp in shape.
Come to think of it Nunez covers every IF position bar 1B.ANd at this point is there most experienced backup OFer.
Frightning.
Schilling now claims some of the Sox tried pushing roids to him in his last season

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#269629 Feb 7, 2013
what wrote:
what
Your ISP looks like a place Billy Ball would love
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#269630 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>Sanchez had a couple of great games in the postseason so part of his contract was based off the Tigers being prisnors of the moment. Don't think he would have gotten $70mil total if not for those postseason games. Unless Hughes has a lights out season or postseason, he won't get that $70mil deal
When Sanchez contract is up he'll be 34. Give the same contract to Hughes and he'll be 30.

Its the market.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#269631 Feb 7, 2013
Horrible news out of Seattle. 1 less stud the Yankees can sign in the future
Or one contract Seattle can't afford in the future as well. Any word on no trade clauses?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Yankees Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cashman's follies. May 23 Comnsnse 1
News New York Yankees' Jose Pirela is 'Ready to Go';... May 5 tom wingo 2
News Ellsbury has 4 hits, leads Yankees to 8-5 win o... May 4 tom wingo 3
News A-Rod ties Mays for 4th with 660 HRs; Yanks top... May 4 tom wingo 4
News Yanks won't pay A-Rod $6M bonus for 660th homer May 4 tom wingo 4
News Blue Lizard Drafted by Yankees and Cubs Mar '15 stewart scott 2
News Like It Or Not, Alex Rodriguez Isn't Going Anyw... (May '14) Mar '15 A Roid 3
More from around the web