“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#269531 Feb 6, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I read about him at BBD. Interesting numbers, I think you have plenty to prove in the minors when you haven't played AAA.
He's young, didn't play long at Uni, and projects as a reliever so its gonna be hard to up his innings so I doubt he has any impact this year.
Anyway all eyes focused on Campos and Pineda; thats where the rubber hits the road most of the rest of the Yankee farm is years away.
hmmm, haven't young pitchers made the jump from double aa to the majors? alot of triple aaa are not just prospects...think he comes up later in the year...

he looks good....I think he just might be one to make it. nothing fazes him..
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#269532 Feb 6, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>He ran into a hot/cold streak that's all....happens to all....but Robertson is a mostly solid setup guy.....just not a closer I agree to that.....
Robertson has always been hot/cold, go read the numbers.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#269533 Feb 6, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
he hung in good at tampa...maybe its the madden effect as donnie stated...maybe its the "good riddance" effect of jose reyes, mommmas favorite player..lol...
we are all in agreement. neither craw or gonzo worth the huge gimme contracts beanworld tossed at them. not even close..
I recall some laughing at the yanks and cash when they did not sign him
does anyone else here recall that? I know who was doing the laughing...
Gibbons vs Reyes may be the de-railer for the 'Toronto turnaround'.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#269534 Feb 6, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
hmmm, haven't young pitchers made the jump from double aa to the majors? alot of triple aaa are not just prospects...think he comes up later in the year...
Dunno. Think I'd sit on him. Too much too soon has ruined alot of promising guys. Clean out the AAA dead wood and give him a shot.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#269535 Feb 6, 2013
gmen just cut bradshaw and canty![ i was right on canty, his splits vs the run was horrible]

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#269536 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>

good point, not sold on that move..hard turf...i am betting he gets hurt quickly...and he needs "handling"...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#269537 Feb 6, 2013
Meant a shot to build in AAA. Yanks gotta stop trying to find that elusive lightning bolt. Or selling up guys who aren't ready.

Gotta run.
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#269538 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Robertson has always been hot/cold, go read the numbers.
2.95 is a bad ERA in today's baseball world? and a 2-1 ratio SO to BB is bad also? hmmm.....oh that's right only wins count with you.....
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#269539 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>
That along with Gibbons vs. Farrell is why I think Toronto will be a better ball club......Farrell is to layed back....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#269540 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Dunno. Think I'd sit on him. Too much too soon has ruined alot of promising guys. Clean out the AAA dead wood and give him a shot.
he just might start out this year in aaa ball...doubt if the yanks bring him up now...my take earlier in the month was he comes up late in the year.

I think he has promise.
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#269541 Feb 6, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
If Montgomery was a Portland Seadog....Than DW would admit he's good.....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#269542 Feb 6, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>If Montgomery was a Portland Seadog....Than DW would admit he's good.....

pitchers have made the jump...infield, outfield...not really...

any yank fan who follows the minors knows he has the stuff...i agree on not rushing him up...let him start off the season in triple aaa ball...

notice...no junior or fattie?[ he's judging, just afraid to post without junior] when they are gone, sports posting, no fighting.

“I hate math”

Since: Oct 07

But I love counting money

#269543 Feb 6, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Clueless
Nuts
Spam
Dude, I don't give a damm what and how you judge. All I know is I'm too mature to waste my time doing it to posts on here

“I hate math”

#269544 Feb 6, 2013
Just getting a huge laugh at the busy afternoon in here. So big deal. I said I was sorry to a good man in Brookhaven. To think to some thats it considered begging is hilarious. Just a simple aplogy to clear the air and to promote peace. Deep down everyone in here knows the timeline. Its just they are afraid to admit it. But they know. All of them do
the don

Franklin Square, NY

#269545 Feb 6, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
gmen dump...osi,rivers,bernard, canty, webster and phillips, thomas and on offense, diehl..and barden or jernigan..rumor is hixon, i hope not. most due to contracts, alot due to non performance..
draft a damn young stud linebacker for a change reese..no 1 pick or a fast cornerback
free agency is loaded with corners, tackles...google 2013 free agent class and the list is big..now, some will be franchised but not many..
I like hixon as well..big play maker for our Gmen...will now visit google 2013..thanks for the heads up!

“I hate math”

#269546 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Becketts worst enemy is himself. That ego is gonna face not being a frontline pitcher this year, my guess he turns up fat as usual and pitches himself to an injury. Then he gets the message when no one is interested the following year and someone gets a bargain.
Gonzo? Wasn't a fit in Boston, he's a west coast guy.
A baseball player is a baseball player and thats what Gonzo is. No matter where he plays
the don

Franklin Square, NY

#269547 Feb 6, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>2.95 is a bad ERA in today's baseball world? and a 2-1 ratio SO to BB is bad also? hmmm.....oh that's right only wins count with you.....
you forgot era don't mean crap, thats the lackey effect and a bad pitching staff..

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

#269548 Feb 6, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, I don't give a damm what and how you judge. All I know is I'm too mature to waste my time doing it to posts on here
Yet you still have to post back to me to prove it.

Thru the hoop, boy! Thru the hoop!
the don

Franklin Square, NY

#269549 Feb 6, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>A baseball player is a baseball player and thats what Gonzo is. No matter where he plays
can see you Never played baseball.
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#269550 Feb 6, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
pitchers have made the jump...infield, outfield...not really...
any yank fan who follows the minors knows he has the stuff...i agree on not rushing him up...let him start off the season in triple aaa ball...
notice...no junior or fattie?[ he's judging, just afraid to post without junior] when they are gone, sports posting, no fighting.
I agree as well not to rush anyone up....but he has potential....keep up the development process absolutely....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Yankees Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The New York Yankees' Investing Blunder Cost De... Sat Big mike 3
Judge helps Scottsdale rally past Glendale Oct 12 Comnsnse 1
Jeter launches site to connect athletes to fans Oct 2 Laughing Bear Fan 1
comnsnse Oct 1 Big mike 2
Will Derek Jeter's reign in the Bronx end in rain? Sep 29 Big mike 2
3 New York Yankees Players Trying to Save Their... Sep 29 Big mike 6
Sick of other teams fans Sep 24 Big mike 1

New York Yankees People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE