Since: Aug 07

New York

#269332 Feb 4, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly...he cannot do it now
and never was going to
kudos to bronto for standing tall..
I do expect him to lie and claim some private message...
but he clearly stated, it had to be here
and bronto ain't the guy to back down...at all.
its over for the 2 liars, the ashville dope and the other one..
Hey Jimi!! Hope all is well. Thanks for the kudos however I don't know what I did and/or not backing down from? I am guessing it involves the usual suspect posters. I have no idea what this is about.

Anyway baseball season is just around the corner. I hope we continue with our annual Forum fantasy baseball league this year. I truly enjoy the league and the weekly battles.

Go Yankees!

“Babe Ruth, Yankee Immortal”

Since: Aug 08

Yankee Stadium

#269333 Feb 4, 2013
Bronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Jimi!! Hope all is well. Thanks for the kudos however I don't know what I did and/or not backing down from? I am guessing it involves the usual suspect posters. I have no idea what this is about.
Anyway baseball season is just around the corner. I hope we continue with our annual Forum fantasy baseball league this year. I truly enjoy the league and the weekly battles.
Go Yankees!
The great Bronto. The Earl Weaver of FBB, the man with the CBS record of a 400 point win in a weekely head to head match
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#269334 Feb 4, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a bum and had an 11.48 ERA in 2011 despite a medicore 2012
fits right into the current Met Roster Fu...good post!
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#269335 Feb 4, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
Fu is not or has even been a censor of fair discussions.
Official MLBlog of MLB.com Executive Correspondent Richard Justice
Let’s not bury the lead, to use a time-tested newsroom phrase. No, they are not. On the other hand, it’s not a ridiculous discussion either. You can make a case for them winning the American League East again. If Andy Pettitte, Hiroki Kuroda and C.C. Sabathia can go the distance. If Phil Hughes pitches 200 innings. If Ivan Nova or David Phelps grab the fifth spot in the rotation and emerge as solid, consistent performers. If all those things happen, the Yankee rotation will be as good as any in the American League East.
In fact, given the circumstances in which he operated this off-season, this might end up being GM Brian Cashman’s finest hour. Unlike previous years when he was given a checkbook and told to start spending, he has had to pick his spots. He has also had to find some bargains, Travis Hafner being the latest. I suspect this off-season has been terrific fun for Cashman. He has worked relentlessly to construct a first-rate front office, a front office that combines the best of the new-age analytics with the traditional gumshoe scouting.
Those huge payrolls have sometimes overshadowed the great work Cashman and his people did in acquiring and developing Brett Gardner, Ivan Nova, Phil Hughes, Robinson Cano and others. The Yankee farm system had a tough 2012 with a combination of injuries and disappointing performances. But smart work always pays off, and it could look completely and dramatically different a year from now. That’s how it goes with kids. They thrill you one minute, break your heart the next.
The Blue Jays have gotten way better, adding 600 innings to their rotation and Jose Reyes and Melky Cabrera to their lineup. The Red Sox filled a bunch of hole without spending outrageous money and got a new manager, John Farrell, who should help change the environment. The Rays are significantly different and still good. The Orioles were quieter, but if some of those young pitchers take a step forward, they could very well be right back in contention. GM Dan Duquette did an amazing job acquiring talent last season, so it would be a mistake to count them out.
With Opening Day still 60 days away, here’s a quick power ranking of the AL East:
1. Blue Jays
2. Rays
3. Yankees
4. Orioles
5. Red Sox
But the division is so tight that the Rays, Yankees, Orioles and Red Sox seem capable of finishing anywhere from first to fifth. Nothing in this division should be a surprise.
Now about the Yankees. I count 112 home runs gone from their 2012 lineup with no dramatic addition. Still, this being so close to the start of Spring Training and all, let’s look at the glass as being at least half full. The Yankees can win again because:
The starting rotation will be the best in the American League East, better than Toronto’s, better than Tampa Bay’s.
Mark Teixeira will be healthy and productive, which means he’ll be a huge presence in the middle of the lineup.
Kevin Youkilis will show that 2012 was a fluke and have a huge comeback season.
Brett Gardner will stay on the field and match his .723 career on-base-plus-slugging.
Bullpen depth.
Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettitte and Derek Jeter. Yes, the band is back together. And the band will again lead the way.
Brian Cashman will watch some of his best kids have break out seasons at Double-A, and this will give him the flexibility to either make a deal or fill a hole in the second half.
The Yankees go to the playoffs every year, and you can check my math. This core of players knows how to win.
Addition by subtraction, and you know who I’m talking about.
Interesting post, I've been saying a lot of this for the past couple of months and so has paulie..3rd place team hmmmmm..
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#269336 Feb 4, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
good call, fu,paul and a few others picked them also...
Glad the Ravens won....had Kaepernick had about 3 more years of experience under his belt.....think the Niners would of won convincingly......all he kept doing was throwing the ball to mostly Crabtree especially on that final drive....nerves of a rookie to not look elsewhere.....but he can rifle it in there on a rope no question about that as there were open receivers in the end zone.....Moss was one of them......but like I said glad the 49ers lost the game.....Flacco, Jones and Boldin were huge......

“Same F*ck”

Since: Oct 07

Different You's

#269337 Feb 4, 2013
Bronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Go Yankees!
10+ years of hard work at Home Depot and they had the nerve to lay you off. Sometimes its best to be self employed. Not to mention you can be employee of the month 12 times a year
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#269338 Feb 4, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> Interesting post, I've been saying a lot of this for the past couple of months and so has paulie..3rd place team hmmmmm..
Agree....RH-OF and a good catcher like Martin might say Yanks could win another division title.....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#269339 Feb 4, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>It's as good as done...forget about that, i'm on an office computer did I miss anything ?

this lyon deal, a bum by the way, was reported last night. you were last on it as usual...even i posted a link 4 hours prior to your basement office crap..

hey, you never replied back how mlb lets a gambler with bookies, racist and bigot in the offices...

still waiting...

Yankee Stadium

#269340 Feb 4, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> Interesting post, I've been saying a lot of this for the past couple of months and so has paulie..3rd place team hmmmmm..
Don you known me a long time, no ones a bigger yankee rooter than me. Yankees....I live and die by them. But I'm objective when it comes to talent not like some of the Met and Sox schils in here.

We got issues on the Yanks but also have some talent.

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#269341 Feb 4, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>It's as good as done...forget about that, i'm on an office computer did I miss anything ?
You did it again. Its all over the sports news now about the Brandon Lyon signing. We in here, heard it here first before the media got a hold of it

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#269342 Feb 4, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Glad the Ravens won....had Kaepernick had about 3 more years of experience under his belt.....think the Niners would of won convincingly......all he kept doing was throwing the ball to mostly Crabtree especially on that final drive....nerves of a rookie to not look elsewhere.....but he can rifle it in there on a rope no question about that as there were open receivers in the end zone.....Moss was one of them......but like I said glad the 49ers lost the game.....Flacco, Jones and Boldin were huge......

with free agency, injuries..who knows...running qbs just do not last...niners had their shot last year and this...no lock for them next to be back in the big game...nfl season wears on you

rg3 found that out big time...

ravens were big...and held them that last drive..and you were right, others were open...qb just locked in crabtree..
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#269343 Feb 4, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
this lyon deal, a bum by the way, was reported last night. you were last on it as usual...even i posted a link 4 hours prior to your basement office crap..
hey, you never replied back how mlb lets a gambler with bookies, racist and bigot in the offices...
still waiting...
Whats funny is Lyon has a career record of 40-45 with a 4.12 ERA terrible for the pen and clueless moron fat slob momma is all giddy about this? just goes to show how bad the muts really do SUCK.....lmfao

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#269344 Feb 4, 2013
You all judge away now while I enjoy my nice dinner out on Las Olas
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#269345 Feb 4, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
with free agency, injuries..who knows...running qbs just do not last...niners had their shot last year and this...no lock for them next to be back in the big game...nfl season wears on you
rg3 found that out big time...
ravens were big...and held them that last drive..and you were right, others were open...qb just locked in crabtree..
True....allot of young QB learn as they mature throwing the ball is the QB best asset...only run when you have to Steve Young figured that out...Kaepernick has a gun better than RG 3.....hard to say...think right now the niners will be the team to beat next year......as much as I hate to say that.....

Yankee Stadium

#269346 Feb 4, 2013
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Whats funny is Lyon has a career record of 40-45 with a 4.12 ERA terrible for the pen and clueless moron fat slob momma is all giddy about this? just goes to show how bad the muts really do SUCK.....lmfao
He's a bum.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#269347 Feb 4, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Don you known me a long time, no ones a bigger yankee rooter than me. Yankees....I live and die by them. But I'm objective when it comes to talent not like some of the Met and Sox schils in here.
We got issues on the Yanks but also have some talent.
Yup I'd say youre an objective fan one of the reasons I enjoy posting you..yanks pitching looks strong but old needs to be able to stay healthy the whole season thats the strengh..but the team doesn't have much power to drive in runs..defense in the infield sucks, any injury to the pitching and yanks in trouble...bats can't make it up!
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#269348 Feb 4, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a bum.
Agree....
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#269349 Feb 4, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> Yup I'd say youre an objective fan one of the reasons I enjoy posting you..yanks pitching looks strong but old needs to be able to stay healthy the whole season thats the strengh..but the team doesn't have much power to drive in runs..defense in the infield sucks, any injury to the pitching and yanks in trouble...bats can't make it up!
Yup.....grind of a 162 game season takes its toll especially on old guys......biggest thing the Yanks lack is depth.....I agree infield defense sucks.....

Yankee Stadium

#269350 Feb 4, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> Yup I'd say youre an objective fan one of the reasons I enjoy posting you..yanks pitching looks strong but old needs to be able to stay healthy the whole season thats the strengh..but the team doesn't have much power to drive in runs..defense in the infield sucks, any injury to the pitching and yanks in trouble...bats can't make it up!
Yanks need a right handed slugger.

Yankee Stadium

#269351 Feb 5, 2013
Mets make their BLOCK BUSTER move! They sign Marion Bird who hit .210 and had one homer last year while serving 50 games for PED.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Yankees Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Yankees get Aroldis Chapman from Reds for 4 min... (Dec '15) Jun '16 ericjagielo1 9
News Yankees' Dustin Ackley to have season-ending su... Jun '16 Spike 2
News Hal Steinbrenner should blame himself, too, for... May '16 Spike 3
News Ellsbury hoping to avoid going on 15-day DL May '16 Spike 6
News Rumor Mill: New York Yankees May Entertain a Tr... (Oct '15) Apr '16 Cubsrule69 5
News MLB roundup: A-Rod reaches 3,000 hits, Yankees win (Jun '15) Apr '16 user103350 3
News Comcast And YES Network Play Hardball As Baseba... Mar '16 Fart news 2
More from around the web