“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#269077 Feb 2, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
Well we all need to hope its at least a good game. Unlike the last super bowl the Ravens played in. Probably one of the biggest NFL embarrassments in NFL history that game was. And before anyone thinks of the Chargers when they played in it, they lost to a franchise who at that time won 4 super bowls already and went up against a hall of fame QB. It wasn't Trent Dilfer. They were showing some of the Ravens last super bowl game. They only allowed 7 points and that was on a kickoff return on a play where holding should have been called on the runback to negate the TD. It should have been the 1st ever shut out in SB history
Good call, that game was the biggest blowout in SB history not even close. Funny reading the morons in here thinking the Juicekees can get out the worst contract in the history of sports. AROD sits in the drivers seat and will collect every nickel. How dare the juicekees sound surprised by this latest episode, he used before they got him while they had him and before he was signed to that joke of a contract and has used ever since, and they knew all about it. He's got them by the testies he'll blow the cover off that organization and all the fraud players that also use in a heart beat....AROD will go when he says he wants to go and not a second before.

“Same F*ck”

Since: Oct 07

Different You's

#269078 Feb 2, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Good call, that game was the biggest blowout in SB history not even close. Funny reading the morons in here thinking the Juicekees can get out the worst contract in the history of sports. AROD sits in the drivers seat and will collect every nickel. How dare the juicekees sound surprised by this latest episode, he used before they got him while they had him and before he was signed to that joke of a contract and has used ever since, and they knew all about it. He's got them by the testies he'll blow the cover off that organization and all the fraud players that also use in a heart beat....AROD will go when he says he wants to go and not a second before.
Think they think the insurance will pay out his contract instead. Either way be interesting to see what Youk has left in the tank considering he'll be counted on for the entire year at 3B

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#269079 Feb 2, 2013
Ok Momma, I know you're going with the Ravens and the whole Ray Lewis angle. I gave you my pick the other day. Amazing but so far I have won every game this postseason and now sit 1 win away from a perfect score. Some thought I was crazy at the time for picking Seattle over Atl and Balt over Denver a few weeks ago. Go ahead and look over each game to my picks and you'll see for yourself I been perfect
The Ray Lewis bogus deer antler accusation was just icing on the cake...I made my wager the day after the championship game knowing the line would drop, not that i'll need it but I got 4 1/2 points. Baltimore is just the better team. Back in the day if they didnt hold an opponenet to under 17 points they'd struggle to win, now they have an offense that can score with anyone, and have. The game in Denver made me a total believer, to dominate the Hall of Fame Manning and hold him to 21 offensive points is incredible, then manhandling NE in Foxboro, meanwhile SF plays at home against a weak GB team then go to a dome to play the counterfeit Falcons. The other swaying factor was how horrible the 49ers were against a dreadful g-men team while the Ravens had to call off the dogs midway in the 3rd quarter or would have scored 50 plus points against that sorry team, although it's more humiliating when a team stops playing against another so I had no problem with Harboughs call, in fact it was hilarious that he stopped his offense. Did you know the game against Denver was the first time Baltimore had their whole starting defense on the field all year?....all the more reason

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#269080 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>Think they think the insurance will pay out his contract instead. Either way be interesting to see what Youk has left in the tank considering he'll be counted on for the entire year at 3B
I'm more interested to see if Youk punches Blow-Jobas lights out. He sent him a note regarding the beanball wars of the past and that all was forgiven on his part....and hasnt got a response from Blowjoba.

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#269081 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>Think they think the insurance will pay out his contract instead. Either way be interesting to see what Youk has left in the tank considering he'll be counted on for the entire year at 3B
They only have insurance against career ending injury, which is nowhere near the case. You really think the juicekee medical team is gonna screw with AROD ? He'll hang them all out to dry.

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#269082 Feb 2, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>The Ray Lewis bogus deer antler accusation was just icing on the cake...I made my wager the day after the championship game knowing the line would drop, not that i'll need it but I got 4 1/2 points. Baltimore is just the better team. Back in the day if they didnt hold an opponenet to under 17 points they'd struggle to win, now they have an offense that can score with anyone, and have. The game in Denver made me a total believer, to dominate the Hall of Fame Manning and hold him to 21 offensive points is incredible, then manhandling NE in Foxboro, meanwhile SF plays at home against a weak GB team then go to a dome to play the counterfeit Falcons. The other swaying factor was how horrible the 49ers were against a dreadful g-men team while the Ravens had to call off the dogs midway in the 3rd quarter or would have scored 50 plus points against that sorry team, although it's more humiliating when a team stops playing against another so I had no problem with Harboughs call, in fact it was hilarious that he stopped his offense. Did you know the game against Denver was the first time Baltimore had their whole starting defense on the field all year?....all the more reason
Balt still doesn't have their whole defense back because Webb is still out. He's their starting CB. Well my pick in is for tomorrow and I'm 1 game away from a perfect postseason of predictions. You ever see anyone do that before?

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#269083 Feb 2, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>They only have insurance against career ending injury, which is nowhere near the case. You really think the juicekee medical team is gonna screw with AROD ? He'll hang them all out to dry.
Well I was thinking perhaps his hip is career ending. I know he won't walk away from the $114mil hes owed. I couldn't believe some in here for posting such. Only a fool would walk away from that kind of money

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#269084 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>Balt still doesn't have their whole defense back because Webb is still out. He's their starting CB. Well my pick in is for tomorrow and I'm 1 game away from a perfect postseason of predictions. You ever see anyone do that before?
Your streak is amazing to say the least...it was funny reading jimbos response to the obama loving loser before...after he says he likes the niners...jimbo posts back he also likes the ravens.....jimbos always had a problem comprehending

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#269085 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>Well I was thinking perhaps his hip is career ending. I know he won't walk away from the $114mil hes owed. I couldn't believe some in here for posting such. Only a fool would walk away from that kind of money
He'll squeeze every last cent out of them...he can even fall back on the softball rule, arent they in the market for a RH DH ?

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#269086 Feb 2, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Your streak is amazing to say the least...it was funny reading jimbos response to the obama loving loser before...after he says he likes the niners...jimbo posts back he also likes the ravens.....jimbos always had a problem comprehending
Did he pick both teams to win? I'll have to go back and see for myself. He was with me in picking Balt over Denver. I'll give him his dues there, Although I made the pick first. By now, all picks should be in and final

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#269087 Feb 2, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>He'll squeeze every last cent out of them...he can even fall back on the softball rule, arent they in the market for a RH DH ?
yea NL teams are at a clear disadvantage when a player like Pujols becomes a free agent because of the DH rule. I feel both leagues should be the same to have an even playing ground. I personally like the DH because I like offense. I know you prefer pitchers hit and thats fine. But the NL can't compete when a hitter wants a long term deal if they don't have a DH to offer. Why isn't this talked about more?
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#269088 Feb 2, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>He'll squeeze every last cent out of them...he can even fall back on the softball rule, arent they in the market for a RH DH ?
Arod's contract doesn't give the Yanks an out anyway. He retires they still pay him; it still counts against the Lux Tax. They can recover some from insurance but that doesn't change they got to get under next year to reset the tax value.

Teixi ....CC next perhaps...ouch Cano coming up...best long term Hafner and tell him to go buy a glove
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#269089 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>yea NL teams are at a clear disadvantage when a player like Pujols becomes a free agent because of the DH rule. I feel both leagues should be the same to have an even playing ground. I personally like the DH because I like offense. I know you prefer pitchers hit and thats fine. But the NL can't compete when a hitter wants a long term deal if they don't have a DH to offer. Why isn't this talked about more?
Less teams are looking for pure DHs at the end of their career. Papi's the last dinosaur.

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#269090 Feb 2, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Arod's contract doesn't give the Yanks an out anyway. He retires they still pay him; it still counts against the Lux Tax. They can recover some from insurance but that doesn't change they got to get under next year to reset the tax value.
Teixi ....CC next perhaps...ouch Cano coming up...best long term Hafner and tell him to go buy a glove
Well welcome back. Hows everything out there in Aussie land?
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#269091 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>Well welcome back. Hows everything out there in Aussie land?
Good bit of a hot summer, flooding up north again. Got a buddy was bit by a shark last week while snorkling, it wasnt interested in him just wanted him to go away. He did REAL fast

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#269092 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Less teams are looking for pure DHs at the end of their career. Papi's the last dinosaur.
I get that part. But what about if you're a 30y/o free agent? An AL team can offer a 10 year deal because of the DH opposed to an NL team. Pujols is an example

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#269093 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Welcome back...it's always refreashing seeing another voice of reason in here. Yeah the Cano things gonna be great...he's another one that has them by the testies especially after the last two years of not buying talent, if they don't re-sign him with Wobbie naming his price the little fan base that's left totally revolts, they'll have a hard time selling out opening day.....other teams are smart enough to look through the numbers and realize they're cut in half outside the bandbox, horrible in clutch situations and he's an out and out dog...but the juicekees are backed into a corner with him and will be forced to grossly overpay....what a shame
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#269094 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>I get that part. But what about if you're a 30y/o free agent? An AL team can offer a 10 year deal because of the DH opposed to an NL team. Pujols is an example
10 year deals are not gonna be as easy to have now for 30 yo. You can lock in a Mike Trout overpaying him on his cheap years for less on the back end but that only applies no 'can't miss' kids...not too many of them around...

Pujols is an exception; he got paid to be the face of a large market franchise with no one on the radar in their system.

“Same F*ck”

Different You's

#269095 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Good bit of a hot summer, flooding up north again. Got a buddy was bit by a shark last week while snorkling, it wasnt interested in him just wanted him to go away. He did REAL fast
I had a friend who was stung by a jellyfish a couple of days ago. He was only in the water up to his ankles. Here in Fl, its shark, jellyfish and man o war season. Jan and Feb are the peak months for them to be at the beach
Da GreatDirtyWater

Earlwood, Australia

#269096 Feb 2, 2013
Mets will be in that position after next season. They will reset their lux tax at zero...in NY.

Total liquidity. Watch out if youre a team that has to contend in that market place, they'll be able to buy the top 3-5 of the FA market.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Yankees Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Like It Or Not, Alex Rodriguez Isn't Going Anyw... (May '14) Feb 16 stewart scott 3
The New York Yankees' Investing Blunder Cost De... Feb 16 stewart scott 6
Alex Rodriguez Represents Dark Time in Major Le... Feb 16 stewart scott 9
Judge helps Scottsdale rally past Glendale Feb 16 stewart scott 2
Things to know about MLB free-agent signings Feb 16 stewart scott 2
Alex Rodriguez Admits To DEA He Used Performanc... Feb 16 stewart scott 5
Yankees News: Team Signs Kyle Davies To Minor L... Feb 16 stewart scott 2
More from around the web