|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

the don wrote:
<quoted text> Good defense, 21 HR's and 60 rbi's ....Yanks current 3 catchers combined don't egual those numbers..You're dreaming if you think Romine gets numbers like that. "270-280, 12-15 hr's" now who's dreamin...wake up yankees don't develope catchers since Thurman Munson..For the record the difference between a 270 BA and a .211 BA is Six hits..Baseball america lol...By the way Montero is WAY ahead of Romine in Everything...Reminder yanks couldn't move cervelli because nobody wanted him...Little objective posting would go a long way in this forum....

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/6390/russe...

here are his stats...and for the record, its an opinion...

but, why not try math...

6 or 7 hits would be 270?

lets try 6 hits...422 at bats and 95 hits...6 more is a 225 average

lets try 7 more hits with the same at bats...which is 96 is a 227 average...

lets try 15 more hits..same at bats..that is 246...

and he had 53 ribbies...not 60

he had 95 strike outs, which is way over 20% of the time

so, over 1/5 of the time, he struck out

one of the complaints in the detroit series was , striking out..another one was runners left on base during the year...which he did frequently..

those are facts, not opinions. and being quite objective.

I stand by my statement. yanks will miss not getting a righty bat way more then missing russell martin...

as for not developing a catcher, you brought up montero. if hes now good, then they developed him

and, every yank fan, me included was happy to see pineda as a yank...lucky they got campos who is rated one of the top pitchers in the organization..

its good for yank fans to disagree...and agree...but we are all yank fans.
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see or agree with missing a 211 hitter. I think they will miss his calling of a game and defense. But for 2 years and the money he wanted? no. Will they miss the 21 homers? how many did he hit in the playoffs? how many hits did he have in the playoffs? how many times with the bases loaded, or 2 on no outs or 1 out he did nothing...
people seem to forget all of the bad, and harp on 21 homers. not at all convinced that romine is close to being ready. I believe he needs this year to stay healthy and mature in triple aaa...if not for being injured last year, he might have been perfect for this year. People may have forgotten he was a supposed sure fire bet to be the starting catcher this year prior to his injury. ranked high in baseball america. way ahead of montero in defense and supposed line drive 270-280 hitter who could hit 12-15 homers...
a bad back ended it. will he recover? will the yanks be forced to pick up some of the 230-240 hitting bums still available?
will cervelli get back to his 270 hitting and driving in clutch runs?
we are going to find out.
Yeah Martin did bat .211 last year it was a dismal year for him BA wise and most of that was due to a really bad start but he also had 21 HR 53 RBI weren't too bad considering......but he's a career .260 hitter with 16 HR 73 RBI....I don't think Cervelli/Stewart/Romine combine to equal that average do you?

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah Martin did bat .211 last year it was a dismal year for him BA wise and most of that was due to a really bad start but he also had 21 HR 53 RBI weren't too bad considering......but he's a career .260 hitter with 16 HR 73 RBI....I don't think Cervelli/Stewart/Romine combine to equal that average do you?

not at all. never claimed they would. but for someone to claim 6 or 7 hits on his 211 average popped him up to 270 is dead wrong

and he struck out 95 times, you would agree that is horrible.

also, how runners did he leave on base?

i would agree big time his defense and throwing out runner is big

but, wouldn't you agree if the got cuddyer or upton or any decent rightfielder who bats right, the catcher position is no longer some issue..

most teams have 2-4 holes in them...had the yanks gotten a cuddyer or an upton, they would have only 1...yanks do not need an all star at every position to win...

its safe to say also, something nysom has brought up,oppenheimer the guy in charge of the drafting of kids sucks...he has been terrible..

long, terrible...

cash and joe on the hot seat this year...

those to me are also key things...

how about this..chapmen of the reds, from cuba..and cespedes[oakland]...both could have been bought with just money...imagine those 2 on the yanks...they chose with the great scouting staff to not go after those 2

that guy should be fired on the spot.
the don

Franklin Square, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/6390/russe...
here are his stats...and for the record, its an opinion...
but, why not try math...
6 or 7 hits would be 270?
lets try 6 hits...422 at bats and 95 hits...6 more is a 225 average
lets try 7 more hits with the same at bats...which is 96 is a 227 average...
lets try 15 more hits..same at bats..that is 246...
and he had 53 ribbies...not 60
he had 95 strike outs, which is way over 20% of the time
so, over 1/5 of the time, he struck out
one of the complaints in the detroit series was , striking out..another one was runners left on base during the year...which he did frequently..
those are facts, not opinions. and being quite objective.
I stand by my statement. yanks will miss not getting a righty bat way more then missing russell martin...
as for not developing a catcher, you brought up montero. if hes now good, then they developed him
and, every yank fan, me included was happy to see pineda as a yank...lucky they got campos who is rated one of the top pitchers in the organization..
its good for yank fans to disagree...and agree...but we are all yank fans.
Math sure why not 100 AB 27 hits .270 BA, Now 100 AB 21 hits 210....Simple Math...Let you look up montero stats who's a major leagurer currently unlike Romine who's a bum and the best you can say about him is Maybe he makes the ML in 2014 or 2015 and who knows Maybe he don't so cutting threw all the BS maybe Montero is good have to let seattle be the judge of that...Detroit Series were you watching it on TV because No yankee hit worth a crap but you going to single out Martin to try and prove a point lol..Something wrong with 53 rbi's how many catchers have that many and while your at it how many have 21 Hr's a number in my post you seemed to have omitted . Campo to me is just another name who hasn't done anything yet so I'll try and contain my joy until he at least make the big club, when do you think that might be? "I stand by my Statement" good for you...and just how do you think you will prove you were right or wrong??

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah Martin did bat .211 last year it was a dismal year for him BA wise and most of that was due to a really bad start but he also had 21 HR 53 RBI weren't too bad considering......but he's a career .260 hitter with 16 HR 73 RBI....I don't think Cervelli/Stewart/Romine combine to equal that average do you?

don't go by average...2009 tex was unreal...then look at what happened..a trend down

but his average is very good...do we go on the down trend or the average?
the don

Franklin Square, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Paul Yanks wrote:
good factual objective post paulie. Cervelli/Stewart and Romine are third rate catchers that no one wants..I can't believe any objective fan would want any combo or all three playing catcher for the yanks ..lol
the don

Franklin Square, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
don't go by average...2009 tex was unreal...then look at what happened..a trend down
but his average is very good...do we go on the down trend or the average?
you can't be serious ...whats you're point?

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

the don wrote:
<quoted text> Math sure why not 100 AB 27 hits .270 BA, Now 100 AB 21 hits 210....Simple Math...Let you look up montero stats who's a major leagurer currently unlike Romine who's a bum and the best you can say about him is Maybe he makes the ML in 2014 or 2015 and who knows Maybe he don't so cutting threw all the BS maybe Montero is good have to let seattle be the judge of that...Detroit Series were you watching it on TV because No yankee hit worth a crap but you going to single out Martin to try and prove a point lol..Something wrong with 53 rbi's how many catchers have that many and while your at it how many have 21 Hr's a number in my post you seemed to have omitted . Campo to me is just another name who hasn't done anything yet so I'll try and contain my joy until he at least make the big club, when do you think that might be? "I stand by my Statement" good for you...and just how do you think you will prove you were right or wrong??

its not 100 at bats don, its 422...you mean 6 or 7 every 100...

what is to prove don? the season has not started...so, for kicks, you are 100% right..season over. yanks do not have martin. they have 3 guys who are not good..first you claimed 88-90 wins, which i agree on...do you think toronto gains 22 wins? reyes stays healthy all year? the rays lost 2 starting pitchers...baltimore set a record for one run wins, they will duplicate it?

my point over and over is if they got a right handed bat..a good one to play the outfield like a cuddyer or upton, there are no issues

yanks have 2 holes..that would have taken care of 1...

and how many teams have holes in a lineup? most have between 2-4...that is my point..

do you really feel only if martin is the issue the yanks are in third place? or the combo of no rightfielder who is a righty and can hit?

its an opinion....i am not forcing my opinion on you. you believe the yanks are a third place team. Its january. no games played...

I believe they will contend. time will tell which of us is right or wrong...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

the don wrote:
<quoted text> you can't be serious ...whats you're point?

paul pointed out average. that is what i did...

whats your point?
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

the don wrote:
<quoted text> good factual objective post paulie. Cervelli/Stewart and Romine are third rate catchers that no one wants..I can't believe any objective fan would want any combo or all three playing catcher for the yanks ..lol
I think the Yanks problems Donnie go well beyond Martin.....I mean if CC or Mo or Jeter get injured for any definite long period of time the Yanks are in serious trouble.....that's what kills me about Hal being a penny pincher theses days.....no depth....no bench...no RH-OF....I mean we don't even know if Nova will bounce back from a bad year nor Hughes inconsistencies...whether or not Phelps can do what he did last year...CC had bone chips removed from his elbow.....lets hope that's all the problem he had with that elbow.....allot of issues going into 2013 in the Bronx right now......hopefully things pan out somehow.....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>I think the Yanks problems Donnie go well beyond Martin.....I mean if CC or Mo or Jeter get injured for any definite long period of time the Yanks are in serious trouble.....that's what kills me about Hal being a penny pincher theses days.....no depth....no bench...no RH-OF....I mean we don't even know if Nova will bounce back from a bad year nor Hughes inconsistencies...whether or not Phelps can do what he did last year...CC had bone chips removed from his elbow.....lets hope that's all the problem he had with that elbow.....allot of issues going into 2013 in the Bronx right now......hopefully things pan out somehow.....

Great post. I agree. What if any of those things happen. In the rush to save money there are few back ups. Yanks need a healthy and productive year from all. And scrimping on a righty bat was stupid.

“Born Genius, Slacker by Choice”

Since: Mar 12

Oyster Bay, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

I don't follow sports but my brothers a big Yankees fan, or at least used to be, he said he'll stop going to games until they get rid of all the old washed up has-beens on the team. He's furious that their payroll just passed 200 million dollars again and all that will get them is a battle for last place. I've never seen him so mad after he just read an article that had them ranked 8th in the league, whatever that means.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Slacker By Choice wrote:
<quoted text>Good post Slackers you and your brother are learning well. I also love his explaining what he can't explain interviews, in fact we've heard it 3 of the last 4 years as his teams crumble and collapse not even making the playoffs, quite an accomplishment.

keep up the good posting, its noticed!

bwahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha hahahahaha dope

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Slacker By Choice wrote:
I don't follow sports but my brothers a big Yankees fan, or at least used to be, he said he'll stop going to games until they get rid of all the old washed up has-beens on the team. He's furious that their payroll just passed 200 million dollars again and all that will get them is a battle for last place. I've never seen him so mad after he just read an article that had them ranked 8th in the league, whatever that means.

hi momma!

omg...bwahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

you never learn...

“2014 Yankees”

Since: Aug 08

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

the don wrote:
<quoted text> Good to see someone else besides Paulie and I that understand how important martin was to the yankees...
Yanks just signed Juan Rivera?

“2014 Yankees”

Since: Aug 08

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
hi momma!
omg...bwahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
you never learn...
So is Pete "head" Case 123 his brother? Can this mean the "committee" is now about to come out from under its rock in full force with "hey buddies" and "just got back from vermonts with debbie"

The mooch....lol

“Born Genius, Slacker by Choice”

Since: Mar 12

Oyster Bay, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Pete Case 123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Me and my buddy will be there at 9.29 with bags of sand to shove down your throat.thanks for the heads up.to funny LMAO at what a dope you are.
I don't follow sports but my brother does. You should really knock it off Steve P my brothers getting really mad and if you don't stop he told me to post your full name and where you work. And we know you don't want that to happen.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Slacker By Choice wrote:
<quoted text>I don't follow sports but my brother does. You should really knock it off Steve P my brothers getting really mad and if you don't stop he told me to post your full name and where you work. And we know you don't want that to happen.

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha

hi momma!

“Anti-Troll is next”

Since: Jan 13

Oyster Bay, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Slacker By Choice wrote:
<quoted text>I don't follow sports but my brother does. You should really knock it off Steve P my brothers getting really mad and if you don't stop he told me to post your full name and where you work. And we know you don't want that to happen.
Hey buddy, tell your brother there will be no trouble with me and tell the commititee I am sorry I snuck into your house and posted under your screen name that time. I seen the error of my ways.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
So is Pete "head" Case 123 his brother? Can this mean the "committee" is now about to come out from under its rock in full force with "hey buddies" and "just got back from vermonts with debbie"
The mooch....lol

lmfao...

all i know is slackers is momma. this pete case posted as momma on steroids...

both fool no one...

of course expect a hey buddy bs...if one does play the game, i have surprise for him...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••