“Rex and the Bills”

Since: Aug 08

AFC East Champs 2015

#265613 Dec 11, 2012
Rumor: Yankees listening to offers on Granderson, Hughes, and Nova
Posted on December 6, 2012 by Rob Abruzzese

Andrew Marchand of ESPNNewYork.com passed along a rumor this morning that the Yankees were listening to offers for Curtis Granderson, Phil Hughes, and Ivan Nova.

This really isn’t news as the rumor that they were open to trading Granderson and Hughes was making the rounds just two days ago, but it is the first time that we’re hearing Ivan Nova’s name.

Even that shouldn’t be a surprise though. Nova is still young and cheap so teams will want him and the Yankees are set with their pitching staff while they still have four gaping holes in their lineup. They could potentially flip Nova to fill one of those holes and then turn around and sign a aging or injured veteran for rotation depth.

Same deal applies for Hughes and Granderson as I wrote the other day – the Yankees will listen to offers, but both are expected to play big roles on the 2013 team so they will have to be replaced. It seems unlikely that either will be traded, but with four holes in the lineup and no money to spend Brian Cashman will have to get creative so it doesn’t hurt to at least entertain offers.

While we’re at it, I would like to throw David Phelps and Adam Warren‘s names into the pile of guys the Yankees would likely entertain offers for although I should point out that is pure speculation on my part. Warren really has no place on this team though and Phelps is kind of in the same boat as Nova is in and Hector Noesi, who was traded to Seattle, was in a year ago.

Eduardo Nunez is probably another with a good chance to get traded as Cashman has been insistent that he is only a shortstop and will not consider him for a move to third base. Considering the Yankees have Derek Jeter this kind of makes Nunez expendable.

Really though, Cashman is probably willing to listen to offers for anybody on this team, Robinson Cano included. The chances of such deals for veterans are extremely slim though, but I doubt anybody is untouchable right now. Marchand probably only named these three because they are the biggest names likely to get traded.

“Rex and the Bills”

AFC East Champs 2015

#265614 Dec 11, 2012
Rumor: Yankees interested in Cody Ross

The Yankees are interested in free agent outfielder Cody Ross and have even requested his medical information, according to Jon Paul Morosi of Fox Sports and Rob Bradford of WEEI.

There was actually a rumor going back to Sept. that the Yankees would be interested in Ross this offseason, but until now there was nothing connecting the two parties. It does make sense for the Yankees though because they’ve been interested in him going back to his days with the Marlins and he would be a low cost replacement for Nick Swisher in right field.

The only problem is that while he is low cost, you get what you pay for and Ross has a pedestrian .260/.324/.434 line over the past three years which indicates that he doesn’t do anything well even if he does nothing terribly. He’s middle of the road, but when you are looking to slash payroll like the Yankees have been doing it makes sense. He at least is coming off a career year where he hit .267/.326/.481, but at 31-years-old it’s hard to expect that he’s getting better.

The one thing you do get with Ross is a bonafide lefty masher. In 150 plate appearances against southpaws last season, he hit .295/.373/.636. If they paired him up with Nate Schirholtz they could have a strong platoon.

The problem with the Yankees signing Ross is the problem the Yankees have had with signing everyone — they don’t want to offer multi-year deals. Ross is said to be looking for at least a three-year contract, but the Yankees, because they are trying to get their payroll to $189 million by 2014, are unwilling to offer anybody a multi-year deal. Perhaps they’ll break that trend to get Ross, but it doesn’t seem likely.
the don

Franklin Square, NY

#265615 Dec 11, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
Rumor: Yankees interested in Cody Ross
The Yankees are interested in free agent outfielder Cody Ross and have even requested his medical information, according to Jon Paul Morosi of Fox Sports and Rob Bradford of WEEI.
There was actually a rumor going back to Sept. that the Yankees would be interested in Ross this offseason, but until now there was nothing connecting the two parties. It does make sense for the Yankees though because they’ve been interested in him going back to his days with the Marlins and he would be a low cost replacement for Nick Swisher in right field.
The only problem is that while he is low cost, you get what you pay for and Ross has a pedestrian .260/.324/.434 line over the past three years which indicates that he doesn’t do anything well even if he does nothing terribly. He’s middle of the road, but when you are looking to slash payroll like the Yankees have been doing it makes sense. He at least is coming off a career year where he hit .267/.326/.481, but at 31-years-old it’s hard to expect that he’s getting better.
The one thing you do get with Ross is a bonafide lefty masher. In 150 plate appearances against southpaws last season, he hit .295/.373/.636. If they paired him up with Nate Schirholtz they could have a strong platoon.
The problem with the Yankees signing Ross is the problem the Yankees have had with signing everyone — they don’t want to offer multi-year deals. Ross is said to be looking for at least a three-year contract, but the Yankees, because they are trying to get their payroll to $189 million by 2014, are unwilling to offer anybody a multi-year deal. Perhaps they’ll break that trend to get Ross, but it doesn’t seem likely.
cody ross another bum for the yanks AARP squard...lol

“Rex and the Bills”

AFC East Champs 2015

#265616 Dec 11, 2012
the don wrote:
<quoted text> cody ross another bum for the yanks AARP squard...lol
It's Hamilton or bust for you in 2013 I see
Bronx Boneheads

Trumbull, CT

#265617 Dec 11, 2012
the don wrote:
<quoted text> cody ross another bum for the yanks AARP squard...lol
Got that right!

“Rex and the Bills”

AFC East Champs 2015

#265618 Dec 11, 2012
Bronx Boneheads wrote:
<quoted text>
Got that right!
Dickey frustrated with pace of Mets' negotiations after extending 'olive branch'
By MIKE PUMA
Posted: 12:14 PM, December 11, 2012
R.A. Dickey wouldn't use the word "insulted," but admitted on Tuesday that he is having a difficult time digesting the Mets' most recent contract offer.

According to sources, the club is offering the knuckleballer $20 million over two additional years. Dickey is already signed for next season at $5 million.

A high-ranking club official brushed off a report indicating the Mets just increased their offer to $20 million on Monday night.

"Nothing has changed since last week," the official said.

Dickey is seeking $26 million over two years, according to sources. In context, Jake Peavy recently received $29 million over two years.

"In the context of the market you want what you think is fair," Dickey said at Citi Field, where he helped distribute gifts to school children. "Even for me, what I feel we are asking for, I feel we are asking for even less than what is fair, because that is how it has been for me and this place.

"There is a surprise sometimes when things don't get done quickly and you think you are already extending the olive branch. But at the same time they have a budget to adhere to, and that is part of it, too."

The Mets continue to explore trading Dickey, but haven't made headway in convincing potential suitors such as the Rangers and Blue Jays to part with top prospects.

Dickey indicated it would be awkward going to spring training without a contract extension.

"That would be disappointing," Dickey said.

The knuckleballer said he will not negotiate with the Mets once the season starts.

"I'm so close to free agency at that point and I don't want any distractions," Dickey said.

Read more: Dickey frustrated with pace of Mets' negotiations after extending 'olive branch' http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/metsblog/dickey...

“Rex and the Bills”

AFC East Champs 2015

#265619 Dec 11, 2012
Brandon Jacobs suspended by 49ers for final three games

By PAUL SCHWARTZ
Posted: 5:02 PM, December 10, 2012
It sure seemed as if Brandon Jacobs was trying to talk or tweet his way off the 49ers roster and trying to angle his way back to his former team, the Giants, a team in need of depth at running back.

Jacobs did all he could to get the 49ers to cut him and if they did it would have been very interesting to see if the Giants gave him another look – especially since the 49ers figure to be one of the teams to beat in the NFC playoff tournament. The 49ers clearly have had enough of the increasingly frustrated Jacobs but they weren’t going to allow him to go to a contender and so on Monday they suspended the disgruntled power back for the final three games of the season.

The suspension, for conduct detrimental to the team, is without pay. Jacobs makes $55,882 per week on his $950,000 base salary and so getting docked three weeks would cost him $167,647. He is going to file a grievance through the players’ union, according to reports, attempting to get reinstated by the team, recoup his money or – and this is probably his desire – to get the 49ers to release him. He’s maintained a strong relationship with the Giants – he glad-handed his former teammates in the visitors’ locker room at Candlestick Park after the Giants beat the Niners 26-3 back on Oct. 14.

Jacobs, sidelined by a knee injury early in the season, has barely played, appearing in two games and getting just two rushing attempts. He recently took to social media to express his frustration, writing that he is “rotting away” and that this is “by far the worst year he’s ever had.’’ That prompted 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh on Monday to address the situation, or, more precisely, not to address the situation.

Harbaugh, according to the Sacramento Bee, issued a string of “No comments’’ when asked about Jacobs. Asked if Jacobs is still part of the team, Harbaugh said “I'll go with the fifth amendment. I have no comment on that."

Not much later, Harbaugh’s comment rang loud and clear with the decision to suspend Jacobs.

The Giants are thin at the running back position and recently signed two players with NFL experience, Kregg Lumpkin and Ryan Torain, to fill out the depth chart after Andre Brown was put on injured reserve with a broken leg. Ahmad Bradshaw on Monday underwent a battery of tests to determine the extent of the damage to his left knee, which he hurt in the 52-27 victory over the Saints. At the moment, rookie David Wilson – who enjoyed a breakout performance against the Saints – is the only fully healthy halfback who has been with the team all season.

Jacobs has not been shy about expressing his frustration. He recently posted a picture of himself in his old Giants uniform, which did not sit well with 49ers fans. Jacobs wrote in Instagram “I am on this team rotting away so why would I wanna put any pics up of anything that say niners This is by far the worst year I ever had, I'll tell you like I told plenty others."

Jacobs also wrote on Instagram “They won't let me out, I tried."

Read more: Brandon Jacobs suspended by 49ers for final three games http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giantsblog/is_j...
Bronx Boneheads

Trumbull, CT

#265620 Dec 11, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Dickey frustrated with pace of Mets' negotiations after extending 'olive branch'
By MIKE PUMA
Posted: 12:14 PM, December 11, 2012
R.A. Dickey wouldn't use the word "insulted," but admitted on Tuesday that he is having a difficult time digesting the Mets' most recent contract offer.
According to sources, the club is offering the knuckleballer $20 million over two additional years. Dickey is already signed for next season at $5 million.
A high-ranking club official brushed off a report indicating the Mets just increased their offer to $20 million on Monday night.
"Nothing has changed since last week," the official said.
Dickey is seeking $26 million over two years, according to sources. In context, Jake Peavy recently received $29 million over two years.
"In the context of the market you want what you think is fair," Dickey said at Citi Field, where he helped distribute gifts to school children. "Even for me, what I feel we are asking for, I feel we are asking for even less than what is fair, because that is how it has been for me and this place.
"There is a surprise sometimes when things don't get done quickly and you think you are already extending the olive branch. But at the same time they have a budget to adhere to, and that is part of it, too."
The Mets continue to explore trading Dickey, but haven't made headway in convincing potential suitors such as the Rangers and Blue Jays to part with top prospects.
Dickey indicated it would be awkward going to spring training without a contract extension.
"That would be disappointing," Dickey said.
The knuckleballer said he will not negotiate with the Mets once the season starts.
"I'm so close to free agency at that point and I don't want any distractions," Dickey said.
Read more: Dickey frustrated with pace of Mets' negotiations after extending 'olive branch' http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/metsblog/dickey...
David Wright would have been smart to take less money and get out of town. For his sake I hope he has an "opt out" clause.
the don

Franklin Square, NY

#265621 Dec 11, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
doesn't have to be him but a quality player in his prime would be nice not these past the prime injury prone guys I keep hearing about...Yanks do have young tradable talent like hughes, nova, robertson and romine and some young prospects..If the yanks are so worried about Budget then maybe we should trade Cano and sign Hamilton it would be cheaper in the long run and maybe even more productive...
the don

Franklin Square, NY

#265622 Dec 11, 2012
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
certainly would be an improvement over Youk, Ross and Ichiro..The yanks have three positions to fill (RF, C, and 3rd base) additionally you have gardner who missed almost the whole year in LF and wasn't much of a hitter to start with..Also who really knows how well jeter comes back from his injury..Don't see these three guys as the answer to the problem..

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#265623 Dec 11, 2012
Braylon Edwards brought back to the Jets.
Why? Still the worst offense in football,
lead by the worst coach in football.
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#265624 Dec 11, 2012
the don wrote:
<quoted text> certainly would be an improvement over Youk, Ross and Ichiro..The yanks have three positions to fill (RF, C, and 3rd base) additionally you have gardner who missed almost the whole year in LF and wasn't much of a hitter to start with..Also who really knows how well jeter comes back from his injury..Don't see these three guys as the answer to the problem..
Great post Donnie, I totally agree where you're going here......you can also add SS to the list......think Jeter should be mostly DH for the rest of his career his range will be even worse next year.....Guess we were spoiled from George big spending ways......not liking at all Hank and Hal small market approach......and them being worried big time about 2014 budget and luxury tax deal.....if that's the thinking they should of let ARod go big time when he opt out in 2007 instead of giving him 275M over 10 years......that's among the worst ever deals in MLB history!!!!!!!!
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#265625 Dec 11, 2012
the don wrote:
<quoted text> doesn't have to be him but a quality player in his prime would be nice not these past the prime injury prone guys I keep hearing about...Yanks do have young tradable talent like hughes, nova, robertson and romine and some young prospects..If the yanks are so worried about Budget then maybe we should trade Cano and sign Hamilton it would be cheaper in the long run and maybe even more productive...
Absolutely......If Hank and Hal already know they don't wanna get into a big time bidding war with Cano and Granderson after next year when they both become FA as Cano will be looking for a huge long term deal.....start planning on dealing them away in potential trades this off season.....another great post Donnie.....
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#265626 Dec 11, 2012
Youkilis done...

“I call it as I see it”

Since: Aug 07

New York

#265627 Dec 11, 2012
Youk!!!!! Is a Yankee!!!! 1 year 12 mil
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#265628 Dec 11, 2012
Bronto wrote:
I guess that means no more head hunting from Joba.....unless he gets traded.....lol
meh

United States

#265629 Dec 11, 2012
meh

“Rex and the Bills”

AFC East Champs 2015

#265630 Dec 12, 2012
Bronto wrote:
And Ichiro now also.

Since: Dec 12

New York, NY

#265631 Dec 12, 2012
Best Quality Fake passports and others fake document for sale
We are the best producer of quality fake documents. With over 12million of out documents circulating over the world. maycindy178@yahoo.com
We offer only original high-quality fake passports, driver’s licenses, ID cards, stamps and other products for a number of countries like: USA, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Italia, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom. This list is not full.
To get the additional information and place the order just visit our website or you contact us via email or mobile.
BUY FAKE PASSPORT BRITISH(UK) FOR SALE DIPLOMATIC CANADIAN FALSE ID CARD ONLINE UNITED STATES(US) FAKE ID CARD SELL DRIVERS LICENSE
>> Contact e-mails: maycindy178@yahoo.com
General support: maycindy178@yahoo.com
Tell : 00237-95340158
feel free to contact via email or call at anytime.
----------
Keywords:
buy fake USA(United States) passports,
buy fake Australian passports,
buy fake Belgium passports,
buy fake Brazilian(Brazil) passports,
buy fake Canadian(Canada) passports,
buy fake Finnish(Finland) passports,
buy fake French(France) passports,
buy fake German(Germany) passports,
buy fake Dutch(Netherland/Holland) passports,
buy fake Israel passports,
buy fake UK(United Kingdom) passports,
buy fake Spanish(Spain) passports,
buy fake Mexican(Mexico) passports,
buy fake South African passports.
buy fake Australian driver licenses,
buy fake Canadian driver licenses,
buy fake French(France) driver licenses,
buy fake Dutch(Netherland/Holland) driving licenses,
buy fake German(Germany) driving licenses,
buy fake UK(United Kingdom) driving licenses,
buy fake Diplomatic passports,
buy false USA(United States) passports,
buy false Australian passports,
buy false Belgium passports,
buy false Brazilian(Brazil) passports,
buy false Canadian(Canada) passports,
buy false Finnish(Finland) passports,
buy false French(France) passports,
buy false German(Germany) passports,
buy false Dutch(Netherland/Holland) passports,
buy false Israel passports,
buy false UK(United Kingdom) passports,
buy false Spanish(Spain) passports,
buy false Mexican(Mexico) passports,
buy false South African passports.
buy false Australian driver licenses,
buy false Canadian driver licenses,
buy false French(France) driver licenses,
buy false Dutch(Netherland/Holland) driving licenses,
buy false German(Germany) driving licenses,
buy false UK(United Kingdom) driving licenses,
buy false Diplomatic passports,
buy Camouflage passports,
buy passport Duplicates,
fake USA(united States) passports for sale,
fake Australian passports for sell,
fake Belgium passports for sell,
fake Brazilian(Brazil) passports for sell,
==========
buy, get, fake, false, passport, passport, id, card, cards, uk, sell, online, canadian, british, sale, novelty, conterfeit, bogus, american, united, states, usa, us, italian, malaysian, australian, documents, idetity, idetification, driver, license, licence, driving, residence, permit, SSN fake passport id, free fake passport, identity theft, fake, novelty, camoflauge, passport, anonymous, private, safe, travel, anti terrorism, international, offshore, banking, id, driver, drivers, license, instant, online, for sale, cheap, wholesale, new identity, second, citizenship, identity, identification, documents, diplomatic, nationality, how to, where to, get, obtain, buy, purchase, make, build, a, passport, i.d., british, honduras, uk, usa, us, u.s., canada, canadian, foreign, visa, swiss, card, ids, document, getting, visas, cards, foriegn . Email-: maycindy178@yahoo.com

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#265632 Dec 12, 2012
HarleyRyder wrote:
Braylon Edwards brought back to the Jets.
Why? Still the worst offense in football,
lead by the worst coach in football.

great post! pretty accurate...guy is good defensive coach...which he will be within 2 years like his brother.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Yankees Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alex Rodriguez Admits To DEA He Used Performanc... Dec '14 shuttip 3
Things to know about MLB free-agent signings Dec '14 EARL SCOTT 1
Alex Rodriguez Represents Dark Time in Major Le... Nov '14 jill 8
The New York Yankees' Investing Blunder Cost De... Nov '14 mike 5
Like It Or Not, Alex Rodriguez Isn't Going Anyw... (May '14) Nov '14 ken 2
Judge helps Scottsdale rally past Glendale Oct '14 Comnsnse 1
Jeter launches site to connect athletes to fans Oct '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web