Doerun, GA

#248991 May 10, 2012
Poo!

“ObamaCare Will Doom You”

Since: Jun 09

Part Time Workers U Will Be

#248992 May 10, 2012
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>That's credited to DW...although i'll take credit for the Juicekees "stealing" Fleece-e-ano from the Mets for 5 million per...LMAO
I forgot about Feliciano. Another Cashman bust. Unless the Yankees push payroll to $300mil next year with free agents, don't see how they'll be better. CC, Tex, Jeter and ARod will all be a year older and more in decline. I know Jeter is playing great but at his age, he can decline at anytime now. Pineda is ruined in all liklihood so hes done. Who else in the rotation next year could you count on? Hughes is just average at best

“That's Un-Possible!”

Since: Jan 08

Brookhaven Hamlet, Long Island

#248993 May 10, 2012
Palpatine wrote:
<quoted text>Yankees and Sox both suck. The Yankee fans as well as DW all in hiding over their teams disgraceful playing. Niether team will make the playoffs even with 2 WC teams. Mo is irreplaceable and the rotation minus CC isn't that good. And Petitte and his 5 inning starts won't provide a needed boost either
Exactly! Bullpen took a huge blow when Mo went down, now they're going to tax it even more with Petitte's 5 inning games?

Girardi will be gone by December...

“That's Un-Possible!”

#248994 May 10, 2012
Palpatine wrote:
<quoted text>Be interesting if the Nats shut down Strasberg late in the season. Usually they suck and out of contention, so its meaningless. This year is different as the Phillies suck and won't be in playoff contention. Phillies offense is just as bad as the Padres. Hamilton has 2 more HR's than the entire Padre team
Phils have the worst bullpen in baseball with a 10.82 ERA...

#248995 May 10, 2012
Brookhaven John wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! Bullpen took a huge blow when Mo went down, now they're going to tax it even more with Petitte's 5 inning games?
Girardi will be gone by December...
I don't know if Girardi will be gone but this Yankee team isn't playoff worthy, even in an expanded playoff season nowadays

#248996 May 10, 2012
Brookhaven John wrote:
<quoted text>
They have 3 great starters. And a stud closer for the most part. They got nothing else

#248997 May 10, 2012
Brookhaven John wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't a BP era misleading at times because it doesn't account for inherited baserunners scoring that go against the starter?

#248998 May 10, 2012
So Andy gets the call against the worst offense in the AL in Seattle. I bet he doesn't last 5 innings

“That's Un-Possible!”

#248999 May 10, 2012
Palpatine wrote:
<quoted text>I forgot about Feliciano. Another Cashman bust. Unless the Yankees push payroll to $300mil next year with free agents, don't see how they'll be better. CC, Tex, Jeter and ARod will all be a year older and more in decline. I know Jeter is playing great but at his age, he can decline at anytime now. Pineda is ruined in all liklihood so hes done. Who else in the rotation next year could you count on? Hughes is just average at best
And Hank & Hal want to REDUCE payroll in the next few years. Meanwhile, they're stuck with an apparantly declining A-Rod & his ridiculously over-bloated contract, like you said, Jeter's bubble could pop at any moment & they still owe him another 2 years, the farm is spent so anything they bring in will have to be from the free agent market, which basically means if they want to reduce payroll, they're signing second & third tier past-their-prime guys (Sort of like what you see on the Yankee bench right now) & staying out of the big money market. So you're seeing the Yanks actually getting older with a few of their mediocre farm guys thrown in for good measure. On top of that, even with one more season guaranteed, life without Mo is obviously going to be the final nail in the coffin...

Future not looking good up in the Bronx.

“That's Un-Possible!”

#249000 May 10, 2012
Palpatine wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know if Girardi will be gone but this Yankee team isn't playoff worthy, even in an expanded playoff season nowadays
Girardi has no idea how to work a real bullpen, he's been blessed with the best closer in the game to carry him. Now throw Mo's DL as a wrench in the works & he's as clueless with a bullpen as Willie Randolph...

“That's Un-Possible!”

#249001 May 10, 2012
Palpatine wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't a BP era misleading at times because it doesn't account for inherited baserunners scoring that go against the starter?
That's true, I wonder if they have a combined stat for that. Got to be over 12.00 at that point...

#249002 May 10, 2012
Brookhaven John wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true, I wonder if they have a combined stat for that. Got to be over 12.00 at that point...
DW would probably know more about that stat and where to find it

#249003 May 10, 2012
Brookhaven John wrote:
<quoted text>
Girardi has no idea how to work a real bullpen, he's been blessed with the best closer in the game to carry him. Now throw Mo's DL as a wrench in the works & he's as clueless with a bullpen as Willie Randolph...
Wasn't Girardi mgr of the year with the Marlins?

#249004 May 10, 2012
Brookhaven John wrote:
<quoted text>
And Hank & Hal want to REDUCE payroll in the next few years. Meanwhile, they're stuck with an apparantly declining A-Rod & his ridiculously over-bloated contract, like you said, Jeter's bubble could pop at any moment & they still owe him another 2 years, the farm is spent so anything they bring in will have to be from the free agent market, which basically means if they want to reduce payroll, they're signing second & third tier past-their-prime guys (Sort of like what you see on the Yankee bench right now) & staying out of the big money market. So you're seeing the Yanks actually getting older with a few of their mediocre farm guys thrown in for good measure. On top of that, even with one more season guaranteed, life without Mo is obviously going to be the final nail in the coffin...
Should have kept Montero

#249005 May 10, 2012
Brookhaven John wrote:
<quoted text>
For once good baseball talk and not about whining, stalking or bounced checks. I gotta run now and take her to the mall and watch her spend $500 worth of clothes that she will only wear a few times thinking money just grows on trees. Unless you're selling weed that is
Paulie still in a Coma

Florham Park, NJ

#249006 May 10, 2012
Brookhaven John wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait. The savior Pettitte is coming back! LoL...
He will be if he bring Arod and the boys Roids and HGH.

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#249007 May 10, 2012
Brookhaven John wrote:
<quoted text>
This reminds me of 1984 in NYC...as the Juicekees slowly decay and rot away the young Mets lurk in the background...UNTIL!! They take the city by storm turning it into a beautiful sea of Blue and Orange breaking every attendance record and becoming the most popular sports team in NYC history....to this day that team still is....it will be happening again real real soon

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#249008 May 10, 2012
Palpatine wrote:
<quoted text>Should have kept Montero
They go to Seattle for King Felix....and leave with a broken down bum..LMAO
the don

Franklin Square, NY

#249009 May 10, 2012
Brookhaven John wrote:
They were just interviewing Joe Girardi on MLB TV about Robertson's blown save & he had such a non-chalant "eh, whatta ya gonna do?" attitude about it. If the old man were alive, he'd have picked Girardi up by his neck for that kind of attitude. Losing is not an option in Yankeeland.
I'd bet a paycheck Girardi's gone at the end of the season...
You'll bet a paycheck haha you don't even have a job according to youre lates bullshit-story...oh well you can always bounce a check like fat momma aka cookie..

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#249010 May 10, 2012
Palpatine wrote:
<quoted text>Yankees and Sox both suck. The Yankee fans as well as DW all in hiding over their teams disgraceful playing. Niether team will make the playoffs even with 2 WC teams. Mo is irreplaceable and the rotation minus CC isn't that good. And Petitte and his 5 inning starts won't provide a needed boost either
At least DW explained to the forum a few days ago why he wouldnt be on as much this week...the Juicekee frauds have no such excuse

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Yankees Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New York Yankees' Jose Pirela is 'Ready to Go';... Tue tom wingo 2
News Ellsbury has 4 hits, leads Yankees to 8-5 win o... May 4 tom wingo 3
News A-Rod ties Mays for 4th with 660 HRs; Yanks top... May 4 tom wingo 4
News Yanks won't pay A-Rod $6M bonus for 660th homer May 4 tom wingo 4
News Blue Lizard Drafted by Yankees and Cubs Mar '15 stewart scott 2
News Like It Or Not, Alex Rodriguez Isn't Going Anyw... (May '14) Mar '15 A Roid 3
News Yankees News: Team Signs Kyle Davies To Minor L... Feb '15 report 1
More from around the web