Ex-Tigers manager Sparky Anderson pla...

Ex-Tigers manager Sparky Anderson placed into hospice

There are 7 comments on the LA Daily News story from Nov 3, 2010, titled Ex-Tigers manager Sparky Anderson placed into hospice. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Former Detroit Tigers and Cincinnati Reds manager Sparky Anderson has been placed in hospice care at his Thousand Oaks home for complications resulting from dementia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

david the foodie

Irvine, CA

#1 Nov 3, 2010
An all around good guy.
socal1

Sherman Oaks, CA

#2 Nov 3, 2010
Get well skipper !
Chip

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#4 Nov 3, 2010
Made great contributions to MLB, college ball and was a good person. Thoughts and prayers coach.
TKF

North Hollywood, CA

#5 Nov 3, 2010
I know there is a lot of love out there for Joe Torre, Bobby Cox, Jim Leyland, and Tony LaRussa -- all of whom are great managers. But, without question, the best manager in baseball from 1975-2000 was Sparky Anderson. Think of it this way -- since he left the Reds and Tigers respectively, you can count the number of times they have been relevant come October on one hand. I wish him and his family the best.
Steve

United States

#6 Nov 3, 2010
As a Dodger fan, I'd rather have Sparky managing with dementia than a healthy Don Mattingly.
LBJJ

Bremerton, WA

#7 Nov 3, 2010
Hang in there Sparky, a little dementia is a good thing when screaming into an ump's face over a bad call.
Terrance Morgan

Encino, CA

#8 Nov 3, 2010
I am very sorry to hear this news.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cincinnati Reds Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pete Rose should be in the hall of fame Mar '15 Ray 2
News The Reds History of Long-term Deals for Pitcher... Jan '15 pdmorgs 1
News Arrieta tosses 1-hitter, Cubs beat Reds 7-0 (Sep '14) Sep '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Arrieta takes no-hitter into 8th, Cubs blank Reds (Sep '14) Sep '14 pdmorgs 1
This is embarrassing (Sep '14) Sep '14 leesburg 2
News Recap: Pittsburgh vs. Cincinnati (Aug '14) Aug '14 rgrock 1
News Reds overcome Soler's HR, beat Cubs 7-5 (Aug '14) Aug '14 bob 3
More from around the web