Cubs Organist Gary Pressy

Cubs Organist Gary Pressy

Posted in the Chicago Cubs Forum

Michael Gatien

Ann Arbor, MI

#1 Dec 3, 2012
if you've heard organ music coming from the electronic speakers, then that's coming from the Wrigley Field's famous ivory tickler(that's what I call him) Organist Gary Pressy. Pressy does pre-game music, little ditties here and there during the game and post-game music. Including Take Me Out to The Ball Game during the 7th inning stretch, he'll accompany a celebrity singer. It's cool how it works; they get a celeb, ask if they want to do it, then when it's time, they sing using one of the WGN TV microphones having it act as the Public address system. Gary's booth is the VERY LAST WINDOW on the press box's right side, he sit's below the scoreboard operator and Public Address Announcer Andrew Belleson. Pressy plays on the Lowry Prestige organ, and people say that it looks like a controls in an airplane cockpit. Forget what hockey team, but he also plays at Southwest Ice Arena in Crestwood, Illinois. So the next time you're at a Cubs home baseball game, take a quick glance at the press box and you might just be able to see the guy behind the organ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Cubs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maddon shares fond memories of 'The Greatest' Jun '16 HIP v Ali 2
News Baffoe: Cardinals' Sour Grapes Over Jason Heywa... (Dec '15) May '16 julie 3
News North: A great season, but Cubs have more work ... (Oct '15) Apr '16 Cubsrule69 3
News For Cubs fans, it's still 'wait 'til next year' (Nov '15) Apr '16 Cubsrule69 5
News Cubs Heroes and Goats: Game 2 Apr '16 abc 3
News Cubs Players See Massive New Clubhouse for Firs... Apr '16 EARL Poor Boy Scott 2
News 6 Questions For The Upcoming Cubs Minor League ... Mar '16 ivey holly 2
More from around the web