Buzzer Beaters: Hamlin Rejects NASCAR Fine, Rivera to Retire and More

Mar 8, 2013 Full story: WIBX-AM Whitesboro

NASCAR driver Denny Hamlin is refusing to pay a fine for his comments regarding the new Generation 6 cars.

Full Story
bill fowler

Dawsonville, GA

#1 Mar 8, 2013
it seems like nascar is trying to be a dictator.they have already all but ruined the sport.i believe if all the big dogs were to say enough is enough nascar would realize its the drivers who make the sport and not them.i am definately not the fan i used to be.i believe they throw cautions so their chosen driver has a better chance to win.they need to BACK OFF!!!!!!!!!!
nascar is crazy

Columbus, OH

#2 Mar 9, 2013
good for him. go all the way with appeals.
Inquiring Mind

Cape May, NJ

#3 Mar 9, 2013
bill fowler wrote:
it seems like nascar is trying to be a dictator.they have already all but ruined the sport.i believe if all the big dogs were to say enough is enough nascar would realize its the drivers who make the sport and not them.i am definately not the fan i used to be.i believe they throw cautions so their chosen driver has a better chance to win.they need to BACK OFF!!!!!!!!!!
That was tried before (drivers union). Didn't work out too well for the drivers. Might be different now with TV money involved, but I doubt it. NASCAR's the only game in town at the top level of stock car racing and there's too much money and sponsor pressure for drivers not to show up. Hamlin will win on appeal or JGR will pay the fine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

American League Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maddon embraces challenge of turning Cubs into ... Fri EARL SCOTT 1
Trade Target Profile: Ben Zobrist Dec 14 johnnyj 1
White Sox talk of meetings after getting Jeff S... Dec 9 Roger 1
Tigers throw reliever Josh Zeid into their Jewi... Dec 1 dms29 1
Bill Mueller resigns as Chicago Cubs' hitting c... Oct '14 BionicBippy 1
Will Derek Jeter's reign in the Bronx end in rain? Sep '14 Big mike 2
Mariners still in playoff race, beat Angels in 11 Sep '14 johnnyj 1
More from around the web