Rays Fan Kicked Out Over Yankees Shirt

Rays Fan Kicked Out Over Yankees Shirt

There are 19 comments on the WFMZ story from May 27, 2011, titled Rays Fan Kicked Out Over Yankees Shirt. In it, WFMZ reports that:

A Tampa Bay Rays fan was kicked out of the team's home stadium for refusing to take off his "Yankees Suck" T-shirt. Melton Little had taken his 8-year-old son to the Rays game against the New York Yankees on May 16, and said he wanted to make his allegiances known.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

KeepGitmoOpen

United States

#1 May 27, 2011
that is pretty dumb wear the shirt.
Philsphan

Morrisville, PA

#2 May 27, 2011
The only problem I have with this is that his shirt should have said "Yankees Blow!"

“Surf, Sand, Sun... SWEET !!! ”

Since: May 11

Sandy and Warm U.S.A.

#3 May 27, 2011
If no one can wear the shirt, maybe it's time for a stadium-wide chant.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#4 May 27, 2011
The father thinks he going to get something out of this. (smell lawsuit) The only reason this is news is because its the Yankees the most hated and LOVED team in baseball.
Justa Mom

Hamburg, PA

#5 May 27, 2011
What a sad example for his son. Couldn't he have worn a "Rays Rule" shirt?
Joe Dee

Stamford, CT

#6 May 27, 2011
People are so jealous of the Yankee's that they would raised their kids to have such hate in their hearts, sad world we live in, sign of the times.
emains

Hillsboro, OR

#7 May 27, 2011
Well it is a sad commentary and we do live in these times and he did have his son blah blah blah. But the fact of the matter is the shirt was RIGHT!
emains

Hillsboro, OR

#8 May 27, 2011
As far as people "loving the skanks"? Believe me there are far far more people who hate them than love them. If you are not from NY, which is understandable you would like them, then your motives are strictly low self esteem and trying to make yourself better by identifying with a team that has had past success. However they do not stand a chance this year. Look at the way the Redsox are coming on. Skanks are done, you can put a fork in them. Too old, too many long term contracts no longer paying off. Posada is just the beginning. Jeter is going to be next. Production is way down and Skanks are stuck with him.

“Surf, Sand, Sun... SWEET !!! ”

Since: May 11

Sandy and Warm U.S.A.

#9 May 29, 2011
Joe Dee wrote:
People are so jealous of the Yankee's that they would raised their kids to have such hate in their hearts, sad world we live in, sign of the times.
Yeah, cuz no NYer would ever say Boston sucks around their kids, right ?
Mets Fan Forever

Linden, NJ

#10 May 31, 2011
As a longtime METS fan, I agree with the shirt & the chant as well. Melton Little is my SUPERFAN OF 2011. The Yankees do SUCK but you can't tell that to those loudmouth Bronx guidos, Oklahoma rednecks who still worship Mickey Mantle who is now known as the Charlie Sheen of 1956;LOL, those "female" fans who curse like sailors, drink motor oil and won't put a razor to their legs at all and of course the 19 year old Eggplants who only wear the Yankees cap because of MTV; they're the worst bandwagoners of all, they only know Jeter and A-Bum plus they're too busy smoking weed and beating up their girlfriends kids with a belt. Btw, I have gotten into so many arguments w/ Yankee fans that I have shouted "I WISH I WAS BORN IN BOSTON". Being a Mets fan builds all important character and cheering for the Yankees is like cheering for the pedophile on "Dateline NBC". LETS GO METS, TODAY, TOMMOROW AND FOREVER!!!!!!
Mets Fan Forever

Linden, NJ

#11 May 31, 2011
Melton Little is my SUPERFAN of 2011. Yes the YANKEES SUCK and that's the truth. I'm sick of those 19 yr old Eggplants wearing the garbage Yankees cap and they only wear it because they could care less about baseball and it's that liberal MTV's fault. If a dude from Brooklyn or Newark were to venture into New England wearing Yankees stuff; the end result would be like the movie "Mississippi Burning" but instead of rednecks wearing KKK robes, drinking moonshine and listening to Merle Haggard; it would be Irish Ben Affleck types wearing Red Sox stuff, drinking Samuel Adams and listening to Dropkick Murphys. LOL. I say this everyday of my life 'THANK GOD I AM A METS FAN" & "LETS GO METS".
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

#12 May 31, 2011
Philsphan wrote:
The only problem I have with this is that his shirt should have said "Yankees Blow!"
do they? what happened when you guys got ur arse kicked in WS. The Yankees win theeeee Yankees win!
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

#13 May 31, 2011
Mets Fan Forever wrote:
As a longtime METS fan, I agree with the shirt & the chant as well. Melton Little is my SUPERFAN OF 2011. The Yankees do SUCK but you can't tell that to those loudmouth Bronx guidos, Oklahoma rednecks who still worship Mickey Mantle who is now known as the Charlie Sheen of 1956;LOL, those "female" fans who curse like sailors, drink motor oil and won't put a razor to their legs at all and of course the 19 year old Eggplants who only wear the Yankees cap because of MTV; they're the worst bandwagoners of all, they only know Jeter and A-Bum plus they're too busy smoking weed and beating up their girlfriends kids with a belt. Btw, I have gotten into so many arguments w/ Yankee fans that I have shouted "I WISH I WAS BORN IN BOSTON". Being a Mets fan builds all important character and cheering for the Yankees is like cheering for the pedophile on "Dateline NBC". LETS GO METS, TODAY, TOMMOROW AND FOREVER!!!!!!
mets fan lol i dont even have to say anything else.
HMFIC

New Britain, CT

#14 May 31, 2011
KeepGitmoOpen wrote:
<quoted text>do they? what happened when you guys got ur arse kicked in WS. The Yankees win theeeee Yankees win!
Didn't think you were on the dark side... lol. It's all good. People can root for whomever they want, but I do think the bandwagon fans are pretty sad. I don't know that broadcaster's name, and I'm sure he's near and dear to Yankee fans, but I honestly cringe every time I hear (which is quite often, thanks MLBNetwork) one of those -isms (don't ya know, grandish, a-bomb, etc.). Seriously, it makes me want to pluck my eardrums out.
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

#15 May 31, 2011
HMFIC wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't think you were on the dark side... lol. It's all good. People can root for whomever they want, but I do think the bandwagon fans are pretty sad. I don't know that broadcaster's name, and I'm sure he's near and dear to Yankee fans, but I honestly cringe every time I hear (which is quite often, thanks MLBNetwork) one of those -isms (don't ya know, grandish, a-bomb, etc.). Seriously, it makes me want to pluck my eardrums out.
lol yeah i was born, and lived 5 min from yankees stadium. John sterling is radio Mike Kay is TV. Sterling does nicknames for everyone, what do ya know its Robbie Cano! I still say the biggest group of band wagon people is Boston. You never saw them until they started to win anything.
Ozzie Guillen

Springfield, IL

#16 May 31, 2011
Dat guy gotta read he's ticket. Im sure it say someplace, "We kin kick ju outta da game for any reasin dat we like". An ju don getta refuns.
Billy Ringo

United States

#17 Jun 1, 2011
The only time anybody shows up to a Rays game is when the NYY are in town.

It's the same everywhere - Oakland can't draw flies - the Yankees come to town and the joint sells out.

Why do you think, during the off-season, NL teams beat a path to Bud's office begging him to put the NYY on their inter-league schedule?

Mets Fan Forever

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Sep 29, 2012
It's 2012 and the Mets despite Johan's historic no-no, R.A. winning 20 and David Wright breaking the Mets all time hit record will be home come October 4th while the Stankees will pop more pills to yet another post-season. I'm hoping for the miracle where Toronto grows a pair and beat those Bronx Guidos and then Red Sox Nation goes out and destroys A-Bum and Jeter so bad that #2 DJ will tell his boyfriend Ryan Seacrest: "NOT TONITE DEAR, I HAVE MY PERIOD DUE TO TAKING TOO MUCH HGH". Here's what will happen in 2013: THE AMAZING METS WILL MAKE THE POST SEASON AND THE STANKEES WILL DROP INTO THE GUTTER ALONG WITH THOSE COKED UP HOLLYWOOD SLUTS LINDSAY LOHAN & AMANDA BYNES. LOL AND LETS GO METS!!!!!
Go Yanks

Miami, FL

#19 Oct 2, 2012
Mets Fan Forever wrote:
It's 2012 and the Mets despite Johan's historic no-no, R.A. winning 20 and David Wright breaking the Mets all time hit record will be home come October 4th while the Stankees will pop more pills to yet another post-season. I'm hoping for the miracle where Toronto grows a pair and beat those Bronx Guidos and then Red Sox Nation goes out and destroys A-Bum and Jeter so bad that #2 DJ will tell his boyfriend Ryan Seacrest: "NOT TONITE DEAR, I HAVE MY PERIOD DUE TO TAKING TOO MUCH HGH". Here's what will happen in 2013: THE AMAZING METS WILL MAKE THE POST SEASON AND THE STANKEES WILL DROP INTO THE GUTTER ALONG WITH THOSE COKED UP HOLLYWOOD SLUTS LINDSAY LOHAN & AMANDA BYNES. LOL AND LETS GO METS!!!!!
Your illustrious Mets are currently 23 games out of 1st in their division. And the Red Sux sure shopwed the Yanks last night, LOL. Being a Mets fan is like walking around with a Kick My Balls Hard sign tied around your neck. No wonder so much Yanks hatred.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Major League Baseball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brian McCann calls Yankees' kids 'Best young gr... 21 hr Stella Velasquez 6
News A-Rod all but ruling out return in '17 Tue El Cacique 1
News 15 First Nations to compete in 2nd annual 'Beyo... Tue chugs are POS 1
News Broxton, Carter homers rally Brewers past Mariners Mon johnnyj 1
News Phillies manager: Altherr may replace Herrera i... Aug 21 Mary 2
News San Francisco to honor Tony Bennett with statue... Aug 20 Shay 1
News Did You Say B.J. Upton Sucks? (Oct '08) Aug 16 fishkev55 5
More from around the web