Five Reasons the Yankees Will Win the AL East

Feb 8, 2013 Full story: BleacherReport

The reports of the New York Yankees demise have been greatly exaggerated and they will win the American League East in 2013.

Full Story
Lefty49

Orlando, FL

#1 Feb 9, 2013
Glad you think so. Wish Afraud was sent packing. He has been a distraction and hardship since he has been a Yankee

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#2 Feb 11, 2013
As a Yankee fan, I wish I could share your optimism. The Yankees lost a lot of power over the off-season and stolen bases are not a plus unless a team is successful in more than 2/3 of their attempts to steel according to Sabermetrics, To replace that lost power, a team would need an absolute slew of stolen bases. The left side of the Yankee infield is aging and allows too many ground balls to reach the outfield. The pitching staff is getting a bit old and must be considered a question mark at best. There is also a lack of hotshot prospects in the minors.
chris mari

AOL

#3 Feb 15, 2013
even if the yanks win the east,they won't go past the 1st round of the playoffs,they don't have the bats to compete against quality starters.they beat up on no.3,4 and 5 starters during the regular season and choke against no 1 and 2 starters in playoffs, so expect a repeat performance.as far as Cano goes,let him bankrupt some other team next year and go 2 for 33 in the playoffs.we can get 2 quality players for the salary he wants.
chris mari

AOL

#4 Feb 22, 2013
even if they win the east,they will fade in the playoffs.this is because they perform well against 3,4 and 5 starters,but in the playoffs,they choke against 1 and 2 starters.this is because guys like cano,granderson,tex and gartner are not gritty clutch hitters and never will be.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#5 Feb 24, 2013
chris mari wrote:
even if they win the east,they will fade in the playoffs.this is because they perform well against 3,4 and 5 starters,but in the playoffs,they choke against 1 and 2 starters.this is because guys like cano,granderson,tex and gartner are not gritty clutch hitters and never will be.
Maybe they should let Cano walk after this season and sign a proven clutch hitter in his place for less money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Major League Baseball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grading the San Francisco Giants' Offseason Pos... 3 hr mrbzzzs 1
David Ross follows Lester to the Cubs Sat EARL SCOTT 1
Valley Rescue Mission gives away meals for the ... Sat Will Dockery 1
Michael Saunders Could Become a Valuable Contri... Dec 19 johnnyj 1
Inbox: Who will Mariners' biggest surprise be i... Dec 18 johnnyj 1
Free Agent Profile: Nori Aoki Dec 16 johnnyj 1
Things to know about MLB free-agent signings Dec 16 EARL SCOTT 1
More from around the web