Fish Fry: Fish Fry Finder: Seeking ou...

Fish Fry: Fish Fry Finder: Seeking out the best fish fries sout...

There are 31 comments on the Fox6 story from Feb 18, 2010, titled Fish Fry: Fish Fry Finder: Seeking out the best fish fries sout.... In it, Fox6 reports that:

The next time you have a hankerin' for a good ol' fashioned fish fry, look no further than the FOX6Now.com Fish Fry Finder.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox6.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Froggylou2

Milwaukee, WI

#1 Feb 18, 2010
Go to Paulie's Pub & Eatery! 81st & Greenfield Ave in West Allis. Great people, great atmosphere and most importantly great fish!! They're also serving Fish Frys on Wednesdays during Lent. Price is decent. Can get baked cod, breaded cod, perch, Sam Adams beer battered cod. Good stuff. I'm a BIG fan!
St Joseph Congregation

Racine, WI

#2 Feb 18, 2010
St. Joe's Catholic Church offers a traditional Wisconsin style fish fry as a take out only
next Friday 2/26/10. Fried Icelandic cod and all of the favorite sides go into the $8.00
meal value. A baked fish dinner is also offered - served in the style of poor mans lobster(which sells out early!) Our fish fry has over 30 years experience of serving the
community with love and devotion.* March 12th is a sit down and take out Fish fry.
iammr414

Milwaukee, WI

#4 Feb 19, 2010
the fish fry at rustic pub is AWFUL!!!!! I went once and the cod was of the the frozen prefab fish patty type. totally a waste...
iammr414

Milwaukee, WI

#5 Feb 19, 2010
The fish fry, all types, at The Fianl Approach is AWESOME!!! I love the all you can eat cod and my friend eats the perch. It is absolutely perfect every time we go!! Also the fry at The Packing House is well worth it!
iammr414

Milwaukee, WI

#6 Feb 19, 2010
Also a great fry at the Italian Community Center!!
old time fish fry guy

Sheboygan, WI

#7 Feb 19, 2010
I have had fish frys in this community for many years, I've tried many, many, many different places, Serb Hall used to be one of the best in town but not anymore. I now get my Friday fish fry form Ray's Butcher Shop on south Loomis Road. Best to call ahead and it's carry out only.
Tom Struckmeyer-Slin ger

West Bend, WI

#8 Feb 19, 2010
Experience and enjoy an area favorite. You'll wish you would have found MJ Stevens off Hwy 41 & K alot sooner. See you there !
mark- milwaukee

United States

#9 Feb 19, 2010
the fish fry at fritz pub has one of the best fish frys i have had in a long time !!! Fritz's is at 20th and oalahoma ave. right on the coner . Eat well everyone !!
Jim Danndys

Milwaukee, WI

#10 Feb 19, 2010
This is the BEST fish fry anyone can ever eat!
Lew

United States

#11 Feb 19, 2010
If fried perch is what you enjoy on Friday's. the place to go is the Silver Spring House on North Green Bay Road, about a half-mile south of Good Hope. The pieces are large, juicy and, in my opinion, the best offered in the Milwaukee, area.

Try it. You'll love it!
JasonD

Houston, TX

#12 Feb 19, 2010
Barley Pop in Germantown. All you can eat for less then $10.
JasonD

Houston, TX

#13 Feb 19, 2010
Oh, and Lakefront Brewery has a great one, but it is always jam packed there. Got get there early.
Kim Milwaukee

Portage, WI

#14 Feb 19, 2010
Silver Lake Country Inn in West Bend is well worth the drive. This restuarant is quaint county setting with warmth of a fireplace. Tradional Friday night fish fry with homemade potato pancakes and German potato salad. The meal is awesome just make sure to leave room for their homemade cheesecakes. They are wonderful. If your looking for something during the week ribs and shrimp specials for 11.95 for all you can eat. My husband can't get enough of the ribs so we are heading north again on Tuesday. This place is a jewel hidden just up the road. Check it out you won't be disappointed.
Toni

Milwaukee, WI

#15 Feb 21, 2010
The American Legion in Brookfield is really the Best Kept Secret in Brookfield. The fish is the best in the area. They have weekly specials that keep every Friday different. If you wish, you can sit and dine with some of the service men that have served our country and hear many different stories. Not everybody knows they are open to the public, but they are! I highly reccomend you try this fish fry dine in or carry out!
Fab Fish Fry

Dubois, IN

#16 Feb 22, 2010
The Beaumont Restaurant in The Audubon Inn in Mayville has a rocken fish fry. They claim to have the best potato pancakes and I agree, they are awsome!$9.95 for a fish fry in a non-smoking beautiful restaurant - you can't beat that! I recommend you check them out!
Lalers

Franklin, WI

#19 Feb 24, 2010
We've found our new Friday night fish fry place. It's Zak's Pleasant Valley Inn. The location is hidden. About 4 block North of 99th and Oklahoma Ave, on 98th and Dakota. The cod and Perch are ordered fresh every Friday morning. The atmosphere is very cozy with a fireplace,candles on the tables,and soft pleasant music. It's easy to have a conversation without having to yell. The fish is lightly breaded, and comes with either French Fries or Baked potato, and fresh sautéed vegetables, soup and salad and a roll basket with warm rolls and tiny tasty muffins. We love it because it's a nice break from all of the sports bars popping up all over. It's casual fine dinning.
Lalers

Franklin, WI

#20 Feb 24, 2010
We have found our new fish fry place. It's Zak's Pleasant Valley Inn on 98th and Dakota, 4 blks north of 99th and Oklahoma.
The Cod and perch are ordered fresh every Friday morning. The fish is lightly breaded and served with either French Fries of Baked Potato, fresh vegetables, and soup or salad. There is a bread basket with warm rolls and wonderful miniature muffins.
They have a cozy fireplace, and the soft music is perfect for conversations. There is abundant parking, and everyone is very friendly.
nalere

AOL

#21 Feb 25, 2010
zaners has a great fish fry and their walleye is the best small bar but good food
Cathy

New Berlin, WI

#22 Feb 25, 2010
If you are looking for a great fish fry, you don't have to drive too far...ZANER'S CLUB SHAMROCK in Big Bend has the best fish entrees around. Whether you are looking for traditional fried, baked, cajun or a combination platter offered with great potato pancakes...all are winners. I recommend this place hands down!!
RockLakeMoose

Oconomowoc, WI

#23 Feb 25, 2010
"Zanon's Shamrock" in Big Bend! They have the most excellent Fish Fry with plenty to choose, Fried, Baked, Cajon, awesome Walleye and more! Very friendly, family owned with a continuous following of regulars! Eat in or take home, you'll be full and the price is best I've seen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milwaukee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett Shreds Sheriff Davi... 11 hr jail punk sheriff 5
Mayor Barrett Fri Sid 1
Tom Barret Apr 26 Sid 1
Paul Ryan plan says Pay more get Less to.... Apr 24 Hillary Ryan Best... 3
Former President to Pen Book Apr 24 Sad 1
News Six Family Dollar stores to close Apr 23 Sad 1
News Milwaukee Joins 100s of Other Cities In A March... Apr 23 Sad 1

Milwaukee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Milwaukee Mortgages