Animals found: Hundreds of animals in...

Animals found: Hundreds of animals including reptiles found inside ...

There are 34 comments on the Fox6 story from May 12, 2010, titled Animals found: Hundreds of animals including reptiles found inside .... In it, Fox6 reports that:

Milwaukee police executing a search warrant at a home on the city's south side Wednesday found more than they bargained for.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox6.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chris Cline

Danville, IL

#2 May 13, 2010
I was wondering if there was an emu? Also can I adopt the alligator?
momo

Boston, MA

#3 May 13, 2010
I think they should've done more research before going in there and killing two innocent dogs. If they have done their research, they would've known and could have the proper backup to capture these dogs. So sad...
JEM

Des Plaines, IL

#4 May 13, 2010
Don't police get any sort of training on how to dealer with animals? These dogs are not aggressive by nature but they are protective. They saw the officers as intruders and probably just stood their ground barking. Did they have to be killed? Seems like these "trained" officers should have used their brains instead of their guns.
TaupinJohn

Signal Mountain, TN

#5 May 13, 2010
Cops felt "threatened" so they just outright killed the two dogs who were in a private residence?
That's some fine police work there, Lou.
Idiots.
Carole Clarke

Washington, DC

#6 May 13, 2010
Of course the dogs were at the door - that's what dogs do. They are on guard against strangers entering their home. What did the police expect them to do, roll over for a belly rub? If the entering officer was afraid of dogs, he should have let someone else do it. If you know you were going into a home that had dogs, you carry dog bisquits to bribe your way in. But they didn't want to bother so they shot the dogs - thanks alot. I'd've been more afraid of the spiders - yech! Mastiffs were bred everywhere to knock down poachers and hold them for the gamekeeper, they don't attack to kill. Jeez. That said, I certainly wouldn't want to be the one to sort out that menagerie.
Micheal Jackson

United States

#7 May 13, 2010
Sounds like a wherehouse for 7 Mile Fair.

Stillwater, OK

#8 May 13, 2010
sounds like the andy and barny cops we have in oklahoma. Shoot the poor animal first then make up
excuse for stupidity later!!!!!!!!!!
beavo040

San Francisco, CA

#9 May 13, 2010
"no of the amimals are in immediate dander"....??? Except for the 2 Mastiffs that these sorry excuse for cops shot! Felt threatened??? Dont' open the door and call for animal control. F'ing idiots. They should be charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm within city limits...lol.
Mastiff Mom

Madison, WI

#10 May 13, 2010
My mastiff would appear threatening if a stranger came in my house! They are very protective of their homes. People also think that their size alone is "threatening". I'm glad these animals/reptiles will get the treatment that they need, but I agree that it was not necessary to shoot the dogs. Were two of the dogs less threatening than the two that were killed? They obviously are not qualified to handle these situations in a professional manner. They shot before they thought. Makes you wonder.
Debbie in NY

Poughkeepsie, NY

#11 May 13, 2010
I'm sure those poor dogs didn't have to die if the officers handled the situation more responsibly. The dogs were probably already traumatized and it's sad that they had to suffer in pain before dying unnecessarily.
Disgusted

Baltimore, MD

#12 May 13, 2010
Shoot first and ask questions later. Nice. Humans suck.
pucho

United States

#13 May 13, 2010
who cares they make a big deal 4 nothing. they were not abused so leave them alone.And poke youre nose somewhere else god
pbpossum

United States

#14 May 13, 2010
Those cops are idiots! Mastiff's are bred to protect their home and owner, not to kill someone on first sight. If they felt so threatened, then they should have called an animal control officer. What the hell is wrong w/ people anymore??? You shoot a dog for standing inside his own home protecting it?? These morons need to go back into training. As usual, the innocent animals suffer and die again, all because of human stupidity. All the stuff in the news anymore, I swear I'm getting to hate people more and more.....
BACON

Marlborough, MA

#15 May 13, 2010
God I hate cops...why is it that all the stupid meat-head, gun-loving, steroid taking, red necks enter into one of the following 3 occupations: cops, armed forces, or bouncers.
Robin

Indianapolis, IN

#16 May 13, 2010
Seriously, the cops were afraid? I think they were probably just caught off guard by the size of the dogs. I can't see the need for 9 bullets to be fired for 2 dogs. Close the door and call animal control.
HowdyKeith

Valley Village, CA

#17 May 13, 2010
I love dogs more than the next guy.

From a casual reading, it sounds like the dogs were left there to guard the place. I have a feeling the cops may have felt threatened and shot them because they WERE threatened.

Usually killing is wrong, but sometimes it happens for good reason.
Little giggles

Columbia, MO

#18 May 13, 2010
where would a guy get money like that to buy all of those animals. I mean alligators with dogs and snakes with turtles. That is retarded. Why the heck would he want to raise all of those animals and how would he take care of them???????:( Not very happy.!.!.! Lol
Brandon

Cambria, WI

#19 May 13, 2010
As an owner of exotic animals, including 22 reptiles, this is very upsetting. Nowhere does it say that these animals were imporperly cared for or neglected, and from the sound of it the only issue was the fact that the owner had crocadilian species, which for whatever reason are banned within city limits. Thank God I live further away with more lax regulations. You may not share my taste in animals but to say I am not allowed to care for an animal just because you don't agree with it just puts us closer and closer to an Orwellian government.
Common Sense

San Francisco, CA

#20 May 13, 2010
I have a feeling that this story is going to get very wierd
Fox Six

Milwaukee, WI

#21 May 13, 2010
momo wrote:
I think they should've done more research before going in there and killing two innocent dogs. If they have done their research, they would've known and could have the proper backup to capture these dogs. So sad...
They are dogs, who cares.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milwaukee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Cabinet Mania of Milwaukee, Wisconsin 12 hr mariab51678 4
Enabler Hillary Jun 24 Go Blue Forever 4
Hillary Donors Arrested! ! ! Jun 24 Go Blue Forever 3
News Attorney General takes heat for missing Milwauk... Jun 21 Carrie 1
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News 3 teens arrested after car break-ins, shots fir... Jun 13 Geovani 2
News Lawmakers Point Fingers Over Milwaukee Crime Nu... Jun 13 May 1
Advertisement
More from around the web

Personal Finance