Episcopal church remains vacant after...

Episcopal church remains vacant after split

There are 6 comments on the Elm Grove story from Jun 11, 2013, titled Episcopal church remains vacant after split. In it, Elm Grove reports that:

Once home to St. Edmond's Episcopal Church, an empty building at 14625 Watertown Plank Road in Elm Grove serves as a reminder of an emotional church split that ended in a lawsuit over property disagreements.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Elm Grove.

Listen to the Word

Lake Havasu City, AZ

#1 Jun 12, 2013
It is not surprising that the spokesman for the TEC Diocese of Milwaukee is clueless on the doctrinal differences between the Episcopal church and the "Anglican" church and the impact of those differences. His lack of theological depth and understanding only prove is in involved with TEC leadership.

The only alterative is that he is a liar about it, but I give him the benefit of the doubt.
Churchman

United States

#2 Nov 2, 2013
I can only grieve when I see what has happened to the once great Protestant Episcopal Church. It seems Mrs. Schori and her demonic minions are determined to empty as many churches as they can. For me, I going to read my 1928 Prayer Book on Sunday morning until such time as good order and right doctrine is restored.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#4 Nov 4, 2013
Churchman wrote:
I can only grieve when I see what has happened to the once great Protestant Episcopal Church. It seems Mrs. Schori and her demonic minions are determined to empty as many churches as they can. For me, I going to read my 1928 Prayer Book on Sunday morning until such time as good order and right doctrine is restored.
A backwater of theological inconsistency, institutionalized hypocrisy and bigotry. Stay where you believe you belong.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5 Nov 6, 2013
Churchman wrote:
That is BISHOP SCHORI to you....and there are still churches that are reading the 1800 one...they were closed down. Get with it...today is 2013. 4996

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#6 Nov 6, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>That is BISHOP SCHORI to you....
Did you mean Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori, the primate who is presiding over less and less in TEC?
QUITTNER

Port Perry, Canada

#7 Nov 7, 2013
10:20 pm, Thursday, November 7, 2013:
RE: Episcopal church remains vacant after split
..... Businesses fail if there are not enough customers bringing in enough money; that is normal.
..... Maybe the services or teachings are not sufficiently attractive? Will someone perhaps write another bible and clain that God dictated it recently?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milwaukee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Cabinet Mania of Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Mar '16) 19 hr julie d 67
Milwaukee out of control 22 hr L Dub 3
cavern electronics Oct 16 jumpinganaconda 1
Weinstein Oct 16 Packing 3
Milwaukee County worst place to live in nation Oct 11 Redlight 9
TM in Milwaukee Oct 10 Vita 3
News Medical examiners explain the trauma that comes... Oct 10 Terril 1

Milwaukee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance