Accidental Shooting: 18-year-old girl shot at Waukesha house party

Full story: Fox6

An underage drinking party, a loaded gun, and young people playing around with it, is not the combination that any parent wants to see.
Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Feb 24, 2010
Wow really

Sussex, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

Judged:

Why is there not some sort of attempted murder/manslaughter or something. This kid needs a serious life lesson and some new parents. 3rd underage drinking for him. Way to post his bond mom, the kid learned a real lesson hey...
upsetting

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

Judged:

I was there and thats not what happened....who really needs a life lesson is all the news people jumping to conclusion and destroying a good families name....the real truth shall be told soon till then keep your head up Ty we still love ya...
Its not a toy

Sussex, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2010

Judged:

Did no one ever teach him that guns arent toys and that you dont point them at people(even if your joking). And then to put a different type of round in the gun shows you how stupid this kid is. Then to put it to her head and pull the trigger.....so after they bailed him out, did they take him to the bar to celebrate.
Unbelievable

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Judged:

Are you serious upsetting????? It doesn't matter if that's not HOW it happened, the fact remains that it did happen!! Was he playing with a gun? Did he shoot someone in the head? Ok, it doesn't matter if he is your friend and his family name is being disgraced, what if the young lady would have died....... Idiots
confused

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Judged:

An underaged girl, at midnight on a school night, at a drinking party...just how much sympathy should we have?
not the full story

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Judged:

Stupid, yes, absoultely. There is no denying that and he will live with this lapse in judgement the rest of his life. We do not know the full story and there is obviously a reason why the DA is not charging him with a more serious crime. He and his family do not deserve the criticism and judgement that the media has created because the full story has not been told. Mistakes happen and you learn from them. Hopefully this story will help others learn from his mistake.
Can not believe it

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Judged:

(Confused) How much sympathy should we have?!!!!! She was almost KILLED! It doesn't matter Where or What time! That should never happen Anywhere at Any time! The family's name has been destroyed by him in my opinion, not the media. He's 20 years old- he picks up a gun, aims it at someone's Head and fires, TWICE!! Who in their right mind would ever do such a thing?! He knew what he was doing and it's bizarre to think in a room full of people nothing bad would happen. I have the full story and realize he is very sorry. But that was a life he was dealing with, my sister's life!
What

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Confused, are you kidding me?? I go to school with the girl who was shot, and guess what: high schoolers drink. Deal with it. Sure, there were bad decisions made by both parties but being shot point blank is in no way a fair consequence for underage drinking. Parties are a normal occurrence, school night or not, but people don't just decide to shoot others, that's not normal and she didn't deserve what happened.
leave this kid alone

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Judged:

Where were the parents? Who's gun or ammo was it and why was it out? Who bought the beer? There is several variables to this story. People if you were not there don't jump all over this kid just because the news people have. THEY ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH AND DON'T OVER DO IT. You hear about hunting accidents so why would you be surprised to hear about a gun accident involving young people under the influence of alcohol. If this kid is so bad why would he turn call the police and turn himself in? I guess all you people are perfect and have never made a mistake or had a lapse of judgement ever!!!!!I find that hard to believe that this city is made up of a bunch of Saints.
For Real

Sussex, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Judged:

leave this kid alone wrote:
Where were the parents? Who's gun or ammo was it and why was it out? Who bought the beer? There is several variables to this story. People if you were not there don't jump all over this kid just because the news people have. THEY ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH AND DON'T OVER DO IT. You hear about hunting accidents so why would you be surprised to hear about a gun accident involving young people under the influence of alcohol. If this kid is so bad why would he turn call the police and turn himself in? I guess all you people are perfect and have never made a mistake or had a lapse of judgement ever!!!!!I find that hard to believe that this city is made up of a bunch of Saints.
First off a hunting accident is a completely different scenario. When your hunting you dont point guns at peoples head and then fire them. What kind of IDIOT points a gun at someones head and fires it. Lapse of judgement my ass! Stupid teenager!
leave this kid alone

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

Was he the only stupid teen there? I doubt it. What kind of adults let teens have parties on school nights with beer???? Not sure who's gun it was but why was it out? If I owned a gun I would not leave it laying around with ammo where someone could get ahold of it? Sounds like the gun owner as well as the parents who allowed these kids into there home are stupid....Not only that these drunk kids could of killed someone or themselves on the way home. Once again the parents endangered all these kids plus others(people on the road) by allowing this behavior to go on in their home. He should not take all the blame. There could of been worse outcomes.
For Real

Sussex, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

leave this kid alone wrote:
Was he the only stupid teen there? I doubt it. What kind of adults let teens have parties on school nights with beer???? Not sure who's gun it was but why was it out? If I owned a gun I would not leave it laying around with ammo where someone could get ahold of it? Sounds like the gun owner as well as the parents who allowed these kids into there home are stupid....Not only that these drunk kids could of killed someone or themselves on the way home. Once again the parents endangered all these kids plus others(people on the road) by allowing this behavior to go on in their home. He should not take all the blame. There could of been worse outcomes.
You're right, there are absolutely more people to blame. He had access to this and at his age should know right from wrong. Here's a silly question, wasnt the gun owner the parents themselves or was he at someone else's house for the party? I didnt know if it was his house or someone else's house. The parents should most definitely be held responsible for some of this. Unfortunately no parent made him hold the gun to her head. He chose to do that on his own so the majority of this falls on him. Just plain stupid. I'm guessing he learned a huge lesson here and most likely wont even ever own a gun. This is something he'll live with for the rest of his life.
Relax

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

Judged:

Everything happens for a reason. I don't blame Tyler, I don't blame anyone but myself for not going home. I've gone over the whole thing several times in my head. Here's the thing, no one but who was there will ever know the exact scene but all I know is that Tyler and I had no problems, he made a mistake, all I can ask for is to be able to walk and talk and see my family...and that's exactly what I got, to stay alive. I believe Tyler needed an eye opener on his drinking problem and I think God made me an example, I'm not upset over this by any means, maybe this incident really gave him the reality check he needed to keep himself alive. I will support him and stay strong until this is over. Everyone deserves a second chance.
Disturbed by actions

Oconomowoc, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

Judged:

I know Tyler and the thing that irritates me the most is that he knows better! He is far smarter than the actions he performed and he will relive this in his mind for a very long time. What I fear is that the anguish of rehashing that night could push him to use more alcohol or something stronger. He does deserve to be criminally charged but not to the extent that many are calling for.(Relax), It is very Christian of you to see this for what it may be and that is admirable. But we all shape our lives by what we do and how we do it. Cause and effect can be harsh sometimes and I hope that his actions going forward will shape the outcomes in his life in a far better light than what they are now.
Sandi from Oconomowoc

Franklin, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

Judged:

To "Disturbed by actions", you are right Tyler does know better but how many people really know better when they have been drinkings? People do stupid things when they've had too much drink. It doesn't make him a bad person, just an irresponsible drinker as many other people are. Does everybody point a gun at someone when drunk, no, but I believe Tyler had no intentions of hurting anyone and will never do something stupid like that again. I believe he has learned and will get some help. If the girl that he shot is not holding it against him then there must be things that the rest of you people that are juding him don't know. So leave him and his family alone, they have gone through enough.
confused

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

Judged:

No one has yet to explain why I should be sympathetic to the young lady. She made choices, just as did the young man. "What," I am not sure why I should have to "deal with" underage drinking. The party was held near a school and public park--the consequences could have been so much worse. A TRUE innocent could have been hurt.
WOWWWW

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2010

confused wrote:
No one has yet to explain why I should be sympathetic to the young lady. She made choices, just as did the young man. "What," I am not sure why I should have to "deal with" underage drinking. The party was held near a school and public park--the consequences could have been so much worse. A TRUE innocent could have been hurt.
ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND????? this girl survived death, truly she has someone watching over her. God obviously sees her as innocent....How can you be so cruel to judge someone for drinking, I am most certain there are things you have done in your life that you are not proud of. so who are you to talk about a young woman who almost died. No one asked you to deal with underage drinking, but they ask you to get your mind right and be a human being and have compassion for those who are hurt. I am sure if you were shot someone would feel sorry for you, but right now I know I wouldn't....becasue you show no compassion for others.
resposible gun owner

La Crosse, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2010

I can not belive mommy would post bail for a 20 year old clown that is not smart enough to not point a gun at someone! Drinking age was 18 for me and a lot of other people I know. We took resposibility for the things we did!! It is not an accident if you point the gun and pull the trigger more than once!! It is not an accident when you load it with any type of ammunition!! Trying to clean up blood and hide the weapon is no accident. I have no sympathy for the boy. He should have joined the military if he wants to play with guns. People shoot back in the middle east!! Feel lucky punk!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Milwaukee Forum right now

Search the Milwaukee Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) Thu Jaimie 6,989
Does Common Council legislation really threaten... Tue pET 1
slenderman rising Jul 22 slenderman 26
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul 21 selfridge 451
Wisconsin loves Illegal Immigrants (May '10) Jul 21 sadeyes 11
Review: ACT Roofing Jul 21 Sebastian 1
African American women's book club supports sis... Jul 20 blacks blow goats 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Milwaukee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••