Teen dies: 17-year-old teen dies in s...

Teen dies: 17-year-old teen dies in serious motorcycle crash in Lisbon

There are 47 comments on the Fox6 story from Sep 23, 2010, titled Teen dies: 17-year-old teen dies in serious motorcycle crash in Lisbon. In it, Fox6 reports that:

A 17-year-old teen dies in a serious motorcycle crash in Lisbon just before 9 p.m. on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox6.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Serious

Muskego, WI

#2 Sep 23, 2010
The teen 'died' in a 'serious' motorcycle accident. Of course, unspeakably tragic. But we could use some better writing!
Beth

Cedarburg, WI

#3 Sep 23, 2010
R.I.P Ben, you will be missed by all <3
qwerty

Janesville, WI

#4 Sep 23, 2010
Speed does appear to be a factor? How about "A car FAILED to yeild right of way while turning left"?
Whats the speed limit there? Looks like a country rd. 45-55?
none

Naperville, IL

#5 Sep 23, 2010
we'll miss you ben.
R.I.P
HORN

Milwaukee, WI

#6 Sep 23, 2010
This is a sad thing for such a young man.
must have had a helmet on or the news would say Not Wearing a Helmet. Not old lady did not see the bike.
Pewaukee WI

West Bend, WI

#7 Sep 23, 2010
I don't have the word to say, I am in aw because it wasnt long ago that we were all having fun at our friends house. We pray for your family Ben. Live your new life greatly.
none

Milwaukee, WI

#8 Sep 23, 2010
R.I.P.
Green

Waukesha, WI

#10 Sep 23, 2010
Rest in Peace Benji, you deserved so much more
Nick

Union Grove, WI

#11 Sep 23, 2010
Ben we all love and miss you.

R.I.P
Concerned

Milwaukee, WI

#12 Sep 23, 2010
My prayers go out to the family of the young boy, and to the driver of the car. Regardless of what happened this is tragic. I'm a motorcyclist, and we as bikers simply need to slow down. As another person commented, speed kills.
Jim

Milwaukee, WI

#13 Sep 23, 2010
We need Waukesha County & Town of Lisbon to reduce the speed limit & add some type of Diamond solar LED signage " Caution dangerous intersection ". Signage on boths sides of the roadway towards this hill top subdivision entrance.
Aleah

Milwaukee, WI

#14 Sep 23, 2010
R.I.P Ben. we will miss you <3
Nicole

Waukesha, WI

#15 Sep 23, 2010
We will never forget him!
I still can't believe he's gone.
He was so nice to everyone and always treated people with respect. I will miss him. and he will be missed by a lot.
R.I.P.
Natalie

Milwaukee, WI

#16 Sep 23, 2010
We'll miss you Ben. I can't believe i won't see you at school. R.I.P
no one

United States

#17 Sep 23, 2010
I bet if he had some loud pipes he'd still be alive.... Right? dont they save lives?
Brianna

Milwaukee, WI

#18 Sep 23, 2010
Although I did not know Ben when I attended Arrowhead last year, I am terribly heartbroken to hear of his tragic passing. His family and friends are in everyone's prayers.
Peace

Waukesha, WI

#19 Sep 23, 2010
no one wrote:
I bet if he had some loud pipes he'd still be alive.... Right? dont they save lives?
Loud pipes wouldn't have made a difference, if the driver didn't see his headlight, she wouldn't have heard the pipes.. She turned right in front of him, he didn't have a chance. RIP Ben...
led

Waukesha, WI

#20 Sep 23, 2010
qwerty wrote:
Speed does appear to be a factor? How about "A car FAILED to yeild right of way while turning left"?
Whats the speed limit there? Looks like a country rd. 45-55?
You are absolutely right. My heart goes out to his family.
Eltorro

Rio Rancho, NM

#21 Sep 23, 2010
Once on the interstate between Albuquerque and Santa Fe I was passed by five crotch rockets and all of them were doing wheelies. What worried me was I was doing 80 mph and the crotch rocket drivers were doing at least 90 mph on one wheel.

Speed does kill but ignorance is even higher on the list. Here in NM crotch rocket drivers live a short but intense life more than not because that crowd seems to like speed and excitment more than life.

As far as the old lady not seeing him goes, well, if he was doing 85 mph at night it would be hard to judge where he was exactly. Too bad the kid had to learn the hard way that life is tough.
joe

Brookfield, WI

#22 Sep 23, 2010
The damage on that car looked like it was hit by a truck not a motorcycle. That kid must have been going well over 100 mph to cause that much damage. So senseless and sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milwaukee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett Shreds Sheriff Davi... Fri jail punk sheriff 5
Mayor Barrett Apr 28 Sid 1
Tom Barret Apr 26 Sid 1
Paul Ryan plan says Pay more get Less to.... Apr 24 Hillary Ryan Best... 3
Former President to Pen Book Apr 24 Sad 1
News Six Family Dollar stores to close Apr 23 Sad 1
News Milwaukee Joins 100s of Other Cities In A March... Apr 23 Sad 1

Milwaukee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance