First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#104 Nov 8, 2012
...After this loss, the Republican's are going to be very aware of how they are percieved, by the american people....majority of citizens are aware that the House republicans have brought alot of harm to the GOP brand, so as you say we can only dream, that their ego's don't get in the way of progress......before the election, the republican's blocked a bill, regarding ending taxbreaks, for american companie's outsourcing...let's start with that....

Since: Apr 11

Pewaukee, WI

#105 Nov 8, 2012
PR and Proud wrote:
While I agree with most of your post, I can't deny the fact Boehner has often postured himself against the President. He blamed Obama for their fallout a while back, and has all but stomped his feet regarding tax increases. The incident to which you're referring happened a little later.
In the end, if he and the President don't strong TOGETHER we will suffer at the hands of a group of aging egoists.
TERM LIMITS in Washington, DC now!
I to agree with term limits because it seems that politicians after while,lose touch with reality.

Being insulated from the "rest of us" changes some politicians views of the real world.

Term limits get FRESH folks in and the STALE ones out.

IE; i was disappointed when milwaukee common council pres willie hines won....AGAIN.

A DO-NOTHING-POLITICIAN if we have never seen one.

Barrett is another one.

That's just two.

How many others are out there that are just as bad or WORSE???

Hang around and won't go away and WON'T do ANYTHING while in office.

YES...Term limits for ALL.Federal..State and Local
Oblama needs to go!!

Racine, WI

#106 Nov 8, 2012
cnw95 wrote:
[QUOTE who="Oblama needs to go!!"]<quoted text>
Obama has failed on policy. What has he done that's positive.
List of things he has failed at or made worse.
Balancing the budget.
Even passing a budget for that matter.
Value of the dollar.
Unemployment.
Home values.
Gas prices.
Grocery prices.
Welfare.
Food stamps.
Relations with foreign countries.
Saving 4 Americans in Libya.
Bringing America together. He has divided it.
And all if this failure with the Senate and House controlled by Dems his first 2 years.
"

I think we got a little side tracked when we started talking about clinton.

My comment about character was related to your comment about clinton,not obama.

You critiqued clintons tenure from looking at his PERSONAL behavior and not his POLICY behavior which to me suggests that clintons policy behavior was insulated from any scrutiny.

In as much as we disagree,i strive to maintain CLARITY between us and would not want any confusion within our dialogue

But i agree with your comment.

Obama has MANY soft spots in his resume and they are LEGITIMATE.

But yet for all of these weaknesses you mentioned,polls are still calling this race "neck & neck"....WHY???

If obama is the worst pres we ever had,why isn't romney up by more polling points???

He should have been leading obama right from the start and yet before the debates,romney could not beat obama in a poll if you polled an ALL RED DISTRICT.

Why is that???

How can this pres race be so close when the incumbent has so many weaknesses???
There are so many people currently on the government dole they don't want to lose their handouts.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#107 Nov 8, 2012
..Majority of American's agree with President Obama's leadership....
PR and Proud

Chicago, IL

#108 Nov 8, 2012
That's right. The election results weren't even close. I mean, he won the popular & electoral votes. He won states the Republicans said they had locked.

The WI Recall results were a vote against the Recall, not a vote against Obama.

Since: Apr 11

Pewaukee, WI

#109 Nov 8, 2012
PR and Proud wrote:
That's right. The election results weren't even close. I mean, he won the popular & electoral votes. He won states the Republicans said they had locked.
The republican party is officially IMPOTENT.

Romney didn't lose this election. The republican party lost this election.

Romney IS NOT and WAS NOT a conservative.

Sure,he wore the conservative "hat" but his political ideology wasn't "soaked" in conservatism.

And now that the election is over, he'll take off the conservative "hat" (probably just balled it up and throw it in the nearest trash receptacle in the alley behind the republican campaign HQ)and go back to the private sector as a "consultant" making millions to add to his already millions.

But the republican party is left holding the bag,looking INEFFECTIVE and CLUELESS after their guy lost to the "worst president in the history of the country" (conservative medias assessment).

The republican party has lost face with their own supporters.

Their hardline approach on CERTAIN issues that have only served to alienate certain portions of the voting demographic MUST be reassessed.
jwp1212

Danielson, CT

#110 Nov 8, 2012
Mitt was robbed.
Jenny

Cedarburg, WI

#111 Nov 8, 2012
jwp1212 wrote:
Mitt was robbed.
Even with all the corporate money in the world, and library of lies beyond compare, the confederacy failed….Again! It’s Okay, go to the gas station, buy yourself some chew, and go to bed.
Halliburton

Brookfield, WI

#112 Nov 8, 2012
PR and Proud wrote:
I agree ... nice post Geno ...
PR and Proud

Chicago, IL

#113 Nov 9, 2012
cnw95 wrote:
<quoted text>
The republican party is officially IMPOTENT.
Romney didn't lose this election. The republican party lost this election.
Romney IS NOT and WAS NOT a conservative.
Sure,he wore the conservative "hat" but his political ideology wasn't "soaked" in conservatism.
And now that the election is over, he'll take off the conservative "hat" (probably just balled it up and throw it in the nearest trash receptacle in the alley behind the republican campaign HQ)and go back to the private sector as a "consultant" making millions to add to his already millions.
But the republican party is left holding the bag,looking INEFFECTIVE and CLUELESS after their guy lost to the "worst president in the history of the country" (conservative medias assessment).
The republican party has lost face with their own supporters.
Their hardline approach on CERTAIN issues that have only served to alienate certain portions of the voting demographic MUST be reassessed.
Oh, most definitely.

Question: How does the Republican Party make amends with ethnic groups they've worked so hard to alienate?

Romney can go back to being a left leaning Republican. But the rest of the Party can't simply erase the damage they've done, and pretend it never happened. They woke a sleeping giant. Still, they're already posturing themselves against the very plan on which Obama campaigned.

We'll see what happens next.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milwaukee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Toyota dealer 14 hr Larry 1
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) Sep 19 Lori 7,059
Can ANYONE show me proof, absolute PROOF, that ... (Nov '10) Sep 16 Tony 52
Two UWM Milwaukee Students start a new website ... (Apr '07) Sep 15 kesha 20
Review: Stereo 1 One Sep 15 STANLEY LITZER 2
Obama: 'Revving' economy calls for higher wages Sep 13 Obama Bad 83
slenderman rising Sep 11 Larry 30
•••
•••
•••

Milwaukee Jobs

•••
•••
•••