Oblama needs to go!!

Milwaukee, WI

#84 Nov 4, 2012
cnw95 wrote:
[QUOTE who="Oblama needs to go!!"]<quoted text>
Clinton was a disgrace. Cigar anyone "

There are two ways to critique a presidents tenure...Policy and Personal.

We are currently critiquing POLICY.

Your co-mingling the two.

You can't find too much fault in clintons POLICY so you redirect to assault his PERSONAL presidential aspects.

But face it...barring the "monica" issue, clinton was a good pres...POLICY WISE.
Ones personal decisions show true character.
Red Dog

Seattle, WA

#85 Nov 4, 2012
Five reasons not to vote for Oboma!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/eILPwSOtXxI

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#86 Nov 4, 2012
Tough, to dig out with a shovel, when Bush used a bulldozer for eight years....
PR and Proud

Chicago, IL

#87 Nov 5, 2012
Independent Voter wrote:
"PR and Proud", Obama is the one who is the ass backwards. We are behind and he is telling us that we are moving forward.
Even if Obama is re-elected, you should pat yourselfs on the back for not voting for Obama and standing up for what you believe in instead of voting party politics...
Not voting for Obama and proud of it!
So, you're voting a "write-in", eh? You'd better be, after all that jazz. Because, if you're voting Romney, you're a hypocrite. How is voting one Party good while voting another Party is bad? They've both mucked this thing. Look at Congress, for crying out loud.

I've voted Independent for DECADES, and I've mentioned as much all over this forum for as long as I've been posting here.

I'm not sharing for whom I'm voting and I'm more proud. Why? It's my business.

Next time read my posts before you go spouting off. You may not come across as silly.

Cheers.

Since: Apr 11

Pewaukee, WI

#88 Nov 5, 2012
Ones personal decisions show true character.[/QUOTE]

True but what does character have to do with POLICY???
Oblama needs to go!!

Milwaukee, WI

#89 Nov 5, 2012
cnw95 wrote:
Ones personal decisions show true character. "

True but what does character have to do with POLICY???
Obama has failed on policy. What has he done that's positive.
List of things he has failed at or made worse.
Balancing the budget.
Even passing a budget for that matter.
Value of the dollar.
Unemployment.
Home values.
Gas prices.
Grocery prices.
Welfare.
Food stamps.
Relations with foreign countries.
Saving 4 Americans in Libya.
Bringing America together. He has divided it.
And all if this failure with the Senate and House controlled by Dems his first 2 years.

Pewaukee, WI

#90 Nov 5, 2012
Obama has failed on policy. What has he done that's positive.
List of things he has failed at or made worse.
Balancing the budget.
Even passing a budget for that matter.
Value of the dollar.
Unemployment.
Home values.
Gas prices.
Grocery prices.
Welfare.
Food stamps.
Relations with foreign countries.
Saving 4 Americans in Libya.
Bringing America together. He has divided it.
And all if this failure with the Senate and House controlled by Dems his first 2 years.
[/QUOTE]

I think we got a little side tracked when we started talking about clinton.

My comment about character was related to your comment about clinton,not obama.

You critiqued clintons tenure from looking at his PERSONAL behavior and not his POLICY behavior which to me suggests that clintons policy behavior was insulated from any scrutiny.

In as much as we disagree,i strive to maintain CLARITY between us and would not want any confusion within our dialogue

But i agree with your comment.

Obama has MANY soft spots in his resume and they are LEGITIMATE.

But yet for all of these weaknesses you mentioned,polls are still calling this race "neck & neck"....WHY???

If obama is the worst pres we ever had,why isn't romney up by more polling points???

He should have been leading obama right from the start and yet before the debates,romney could not beat obama in a poll if you polled an ALL RED DISTRICT.

Why is that???

How can this pres race be so close when the incumbent has so many weaknesses???
PR and Proud

Chicago, IL

#91 Nov 6, 2012
@cnw95 - That's been my point all along. Obama should be getting killed at the polls, if he is as bad a President as his opponents claim. But it's a very close race... unless that's what his opponents want Obama supporters to think. If you recall, the put the rope-a-dope on Obama in the first debate. They claimed Obama was better prepared than Romney when we all knew Romney had been through many more debates than Obama. We'll see today.

Location hidden

#92 Nov 6, 2012
.....NOBLE ACHIEVEMENT......Last month's jobs totals, marked a milestone for President Obama...he has finally produced enough new jobs, to surpass the...AMOUNT OF ALL JOB'S LOST, DURING THE BUSH RECESSION.....TREMENDOUS WIN FOR AMERICA....

Pewaukee, WI

#93 Nov 6, 2012
PR and Proud wrote:
@cnw95 - That's been my point all along. Obama should be getting killed at the polls, if he is as bad a President as his opponents claim. But it's a very close race... unless that's what his opponents want Obama supporters to think. If you recall, the put the rope-a-dope on Obama in the first debate. They claimed Obama was better prepared than Romney when we all knew Romney had been through many more debates than Obama. We'll see today.
It's a headscratcher PR but i'll go further.

In 08,the CONSERVATIVE media persecuted mccain because he was NOT a real conservative.

Limbaugh would NOT endorse him. Locally jay weber said during one of his broadcasts that he questioned whether or not he would vote for mccain.

SEVERAL of his listeners said they WOULD NOT vote for mccain if he were to win the nomination.(and the 08 pres results prove that they were telling the truth)

The conservatives in 08 hated mccains MODERATE connotations and yet four years later they have ANOTHER moderate who in my opinion is WORSE than mccain!!!

At least mccain isn't a FLIP-FLOPPER. Romney is WAAAYY worse than mccain could EVER be and now all of a sudden the conservative voting demographic and the conservative media are tripping over themselves to support this guy.

Like i said...a head scratcher.
PR and Proud

Chicago, IL

#94 Nov 6, 2012
The one HUGE thing Romney has going for him is his running mate. Ryan is a fasci... I mean... patriot's wet dream. He has blue eyes, he's an extreme Conservative (despite the fact he claims his favorite band is the Communist group, Rage Against The Machine), he comes from what is essentially a homogenous community, he's tall, he's thin, his wife is blonde, yadda-yadda-yadda, and he wants to "take America back". Erm... from whom does he want to take America? Another American?

I'm constantly harping on this point, but I hope USAmericans start taking Congressional seats as seriously as they do the Presidency. Those men and women have WAY TOO MUCH power. Why can't we bring term limits back?
PR and Proud

Chicago, IL

#95 Nov 7, 2012
Hello?

Location hidden

#96 Nov 7, 2012
PR and Proud wrote:
Hello?
..Paul Ryan actually is more deserving of jail, than VP....he has led House republicans in stalling our economic recovery...whatever color his eyes are, they'd look better in prison.....

Pewaukee, WI

#97 Nov 7, 2012
PR and Proud wrote:
The one HUGE thing Romney has going for him is his running mate. Ryan is a fasci... I mean... patriot's wet dream. He has blue eyes, he's an extreme Conservative (despite the fact he claims his favorite band is the Communist group, Rage Against The Machine), he comes from what is essentially a homogenous community, he's tall, he's thin, his wife is blonde, yadda-yadda-yadda, and he wants to "take America back". Erm... from whom does he want to take America? Another American?
I'm constantly harping on this point, but I hope USAmericans start taking Congressional seats as seriously as they do the Presidency. Those men and women have WAY TOO MUCH power. Why can't we bring term limits back?
Maybe they will start to take midterm elections more to heart.

They better.

Both the senate and congress have the potential to impact EVERY person in this country.

Congress passes laws and has purse power and the senate confirms pres appointments just to name a few of the powers these gov branches wield.

Very dangerous power if given to the wrong group.
PR and Proud

Chicago, IL

#98 Nov 7, 2012
The amount of power they have, with NO TERM LIMITS, is scary. We need to take that madness A LOT more seriously. There is a danger in an individual with little worry whether they may lose a job no one seems to think is important in the first place. It terrifies me.
PR and Proud

Chicago, IL

#99 Nov 7, 2012
Too many politicians have put their political careers before the people they represent. I may not be a bipartisan voter, but I respect the fact our current President's personal integrity. He's p*ssed off his Party and he's done the same to Republicans. Why? He's willing to compromise on the demands, but he seems unwilling to compromise the people he's meant to serve. I don't care what his skin color is. I don't about care his ethnicity. I don't about care his Party. I care about what kind of man he is. And he seems to be a stand up guy... especially considering the fact he's a politician.

Location hidden

#100 Nov 7, 2012
Too many have chosen party politics, over good of the country.....
PR and Proud

Chicago, IL

#101 Nov 8, 2012
I hope Obama's re-election has humbled the likes of Boehner a bit. He's promised to actually work with Obama for success in this second term. We all know he did all but pledge to everything he could to secure failure and defeat for Obama in the first term. I just want him to do his job and FINALLY have the President's back. I also hope the fact Wisconsin remains PURPLE has humbled Ryan. This whole "turn Wisconsin RED" business is garbage. Focus on the good of the country, not the good of the Party. Now, I've mentioned two Republicans but the same can be said for Democrats. There needs to be better support of this leader. The people have decisively chosen him twice. And, on both occasions he won the POPULAR and ELECTORAL vote.

Location hidden

#102 Nov 8, 2012
...Actually does'nt history show, Boehner and the President, had worked out a deal, last year...only to have House republicans shoot it down? Boehner actually looked upset, during the debt ceiling negotiations, at what many House republicans, including tea party elements, were doing to the process...I think Boehner is not the blockage, so much as the snotty attitude in Congress and their adherence to far right concepts and lobbyist's(Grover Norquist, Koch brothers,etc) control.....
PR and Proud

Chicago, IL

#103 Nov 8, 2012
While I agree with most of your post, I can't deny the fact Boehner has often postured himself against the President. He blamed Obama for their fallout a while back, and has all but stomped his feet regarding tax increases. The incident to which you're referring happened a little later.

In the end, if he and the President don't strong TOGETHER we will suffer at the hands of a group of aging egoists.

TERM LIMITS in Washington, DC now!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milwaukee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
true friend 12 hr gary smathy 1
Pope wants exorcism for Hillary Fri WitchTrials 7
McDonalds illegal drugs Fri McShake 3
News Outlaws Motorcycle Gang Indicted: 27 members of... (Jun '10) Fri destroyer 43
News Local Muslims: Reports on ISIS Contribute to Mi... Apr 23 Mikey 2
Breastfeeding Lactating Apr 23 Hopeful919 1
Corrupt democrat operatives raid conservative h... Apr 23 Hillary 1
More from around the web

Milwaukee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]