Man honored for gift of quilts to wou...

Man honored for gift of quilts to wounded soldiers

There are 3 comments on the Yakima Herald-Republic story from Sep 12, 2009, titled Man honored for gift of quilts to wounded soldiers. In it, Yakima Herald-Republic reports that:

A Quincy, Wash., man was honored Thursday at the Yakima Training Center for making more than 200 quilts for wounded military members from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Yakima Herald-Republic.

Linda

Indianola, WA

#2 Oct 14, 2009
That is so wonderful what you did. And I know that if I was in the military I would be so greatful to you. Thank you
Judy Howard

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Oct 15, 2009
I commend Al Lind for making the quilts for wounded soldiers. I'd like to send him free copies of my book, "Thanking Our Troops--God Bless America Touring Quilts" that he or Quilts of Valor can send with the quilts to the soldiers. Please send a mailing address.
All profits from my books and the $100 exhibit rental fees for the touring quilts (free to military and veteran groups) go to non-profit groups like Quilts of Valor and Home of the Brave who make quilts for wounded troops and families of the fallen.
See quilt and exhibit photos, sample stories, entry and rental forms and book ordering info on www.HeavenlyPatchwork.com
rattlecattle

Maitland, FL

#4 Oct 16, 2009
Judy Howard wrote:
I commend Al Lind for making the quilts for wounded soldiers. I'd like to send him free copies of my book, "Thanking Our Troops--God Bless America Touring Quilts" that he or Quilts of Valor can send with the quilts to the soldiers. Please send a mailing address.
All profits from my books and the $100 exhibit rental fees for the touring quilts (free to military and veteran groups) go to non-profit groups like Quilts of Valor and Home of the Brave who make quilts for wounded troops and families of the fallen.
See quilt and exhibit photos, sample stories, entry and rental forms and book ordering info on www.HeavenlyPatchwork.com
Our troops are trained killers by definition...maybe you should send some quilts to the hundreds of thousand of children in the refugee camps instead of our SPOILED KILLERS.

YOUR efforts are ridiculous....our troops are accomplishing nothing and deserve a ticket home ONLY.

These wars are a disgrace and a $40 million dollars a day economic disaster for the USA.

Quilts...what a joke..you people are out of your minds

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yakima Training Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Yakima Training Center incident leaves 1 Soldie... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Joe 1
News Training Center soldiers injured in rollover (Mar '09) Apr '09 Sgt T 6
News YAKIMA: Accident critically injures soldier fro... (Sep '08) Oct '08 BKL 13
More from around the web