F-16 fighters are heading to D-M for training program

Apr 4, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Free Republic

Tucson's skies will see some extra military jet traffic from mid-April to early May.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“STOP THE HATE”

Since: Mar 09

amorica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2009

Oh freaken no!!! I live right under the approach path to DM...I hate all of the noise. and pray no mishaps occur. what a P.I.T.A this is going to be. If I get tinnitis from the decibels, I'm suing the gov't, despite sovierign immunity. I was told by DM that when you buy a home around here you are told about the military air traffic, but nobody told me that when I rented this apartment.
It sucks bad, and it's such a nice complex too, I hate to have to move.
STOP_ILLEGALS

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2009

Quit your bitchin' the base was here LONG before you were.
sahuaro

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2009

grumpy aren't you? what are you drunk again?
The BASE is infringes on non-military airspace.

“STOP THE HATE”

amorica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2009

Actually, the military air traffic hasn't been that bad lately.
The F jets must have used another approach path. DMAFB air traffic over my apartment has decreased as of late.
I appreciate the break.
I can complain all I want, the noise is deafening at times. I especially hate it when the C-5A's and C-5B's fly low over my place. Those are the largest aircraft on the planet, you can hear a C-5 for miles. And as the C-5 gets closer to the landing runway, it screams out loud due to sudden decreases in airspeed.~decibals OUCH~ The C-5's S.T.O.L. capabilities amaze me.(Short Take Off and Landing.)
I hated the air traffic even more in Ewa Beach, Hawaii, when I lived in an off base Navy Housing facility called Iroquois Point. This was ON military property just across from Pearl Harbor.
Honolulu Int'l and Hickam AFB share the same approach path which was situated right over my unit. I had to move into the private housing sector on Oahu to Waianae and Nanakuli along the eastern shores of Oahu. Eye candy is what Hawaii is.
There are locals on Oahu who have never left their neighborhood. Most military wives don't associate with the locals. They never experience the local culture, which is more than just luaus and coconut palms. I made it a point to interact with the locals, the majority.
Next time I go to Hawaii, I'm staying there.
The pakalolo rules.
I'll be hanging loose in my zori's picking Cubensis :) aloha.
ObamaBinBiden

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

Patti Foster wrote:
Actually, the military air traffic hasn't been that bad lately.
The F jets must have used another approach path. DMAFB air traffic over my apartment has decreased as of late.
I appreciate the break.
I can complain all I want, the noise is deafening at times. I especially hate it when the C-5A's and C-5B's fly low over my place. Those are the largest aircraft on the planet, you can hear a C-5 for miles. And as the C-5 gets closer to the landing runway, it screams out loud due to sudden decreases in airspeed.~decibals OUCH~ The C-5's S.T.O.L. capabilities amaze me.(Short Take Off and Landing.)
I hated the air traffic even more in Ewa Beach, Hawaii, when I lived in an off base Navy Housing facility called Iroquois Point. This was ON military property just across from Pearl Harbor.
Honolulu Int'l and Hickam AFB share the same approach path which was situated right over my unit. I had to move into the private housing sector on Oahu to Waianae and Nanakuli along the eastern shores of Oahu. Eye candy is what Hawaii is.
There are locals on Oahu who have never left their neighborhood. Most military wives don't associate with the locals. They never experience the local culture, which is more than just luaus and coconut palms. I made it a point to interact with the locals, the majority.
Next time I go to Hawaii, I'm staying there.
The pakalolo rules.
I'll be hanging loose in my zori's picking Cubensis :) aloha.
You know what I hear when those planes are overhead? I hear the sound of FREEDOM!

“STOP THE HATE”

amorica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

know what I think when I hear them?
Don't mess with Tucson!! don't get me wrong, I'm glad Tucson's sky is covered, but they are LOUD!
it hasn't been that bad lately.
peace, and, quiet
pf =D

“STOP THE HATE”

amorica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

sahuaro wrote:
grumpy aren't you? what are you drunk again?
The BASE is infringes on non-military airspace.
me drunk?
sahuaro wrote:
The Base IS infringes on non-military airspace.

alrighty then

“STOP THE HATE”

amorica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

why does it always have to be a controversy.
FACTS:
1. The planes are loud.
2. The planes fly very low over Tucson.
3. Decibels and the doppler effect.
4. Continued repeated exposure.
5. Tinnitus
5. United States Air Force Activity
6. Not a thing I can do about it.

“STOP THE HATE”

amorica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

ObamaBinBiden wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what I hear when those planes are overhead? I hear the sound of FREEDOM!
I also think, "how much does all this fighter activity cost in jet fuel" How much does fighter jet fuel cost per gallon?
ObamaBinBiden

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

Patti Foster wrote:
<quoted text>
I also think, "how much does all this fighter activity cost in jet fuel" How much does fighter jet fuel cost per gallon?
I wonder how many gallons Air Force One used on that wonderful "Flyby" over the New York skyline. Remember that one? The one that scared the living crap out of thousands of New Yorkers? Gee Mrs. "Carbon offset," I wonder how much fuel/carbon passed into the atmosphere on that little stunt? BTW, jets have to fly, paying for national defense is something I GLADLY pay for, and if you don't like the sound, get yourself some noise cancelling headphones.

“STOP THE HATE”

amorica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

ObamaBinBiden wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how many gallons Air Force One used on that wonderful "Flyby" over the New York skyline. Remember that one? The one that scared the living crap out of thousands of New Yorkers? Gee Mrs. "Carbon offset," I wonder how much fuel/carbon passed into the atmosphere on that little stunt? BTW, jets have to fly, paying for national defense is something I GLADLY pay for, and if you don't like the sound, get yourself some noise cancelling headphones.
WTF are you talking about? off topic.
I am a native NYC person. None of my relatives have complained to me about it.
and just how much does jet fuel cost?
malaki

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

Patti Foster wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you talking about? off topic.
I am a native NYC person. None of my relatives have complained to me about it.
and just how much does jet fuel cost?
Wow, I guess you just don't look at the news then. So you point is jet fuel costs too much? I'm saying it is going to GOOD use you retard! You argue about AIR FORCE jets that make too much noise and fly too much. My argument is that you wouldn't say anything about it if it were Air Force One flying Obama all over the world. Both are necessary right? Except that Air Force jets need to be grounded because it "disturbs" you. Grow a pair pls and deal with it. They fly to train and defend U.S. airspace.
malaki

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

ObamaBinBiden wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, she'll never get what you're talking about, you use too much reason for her.

“STOP THE HATE”

amorica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2009

malaki wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I guess you just don't look at the news then. So you point is jet fuel costs too much? I'm saying it is going to GOOD use you retard! You argue about AIR FORCE jets that make too much noise and fly too much. My argument is that you wouldn't say anything about it if it were Air Force One flying Obama all over the world. Both are necessary right? Except that Air Force jets need to be grounded because it "disturbs" you. Grow a pair pls and deal with it. They fly to train and defend U.S. airspace.
you feel a NEED to belittle others to make yourself feel important??
I'm FAR from retarded. NYC has nada to do with jets going over Davis Monthan.
Just because I don't want to CHANGE the topic, you abuse me? THAT shows your mentality troll.
geez- Topix is SOO full of trolls. it's infested with trolls. It ought to be called it trollix. Never in my life have I been on such hateful forums. Do you people like ANYONE who disagrees with you? Jesus help us...and Jesus IS the only hope we have. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto YOU" Do any of you EVER heed Jesus' words?
I didn't come in here to start a fight or to be abused. Get a life miserable person.

“STOP THE HATE”

amorica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2009

and, Obama is the President, he flies "ALL OVER THE WORLD" for business, Bush flew all over the world, and I bet you never complained. I NEVER said ANYTHING about "grounding" flights dummy, NEVER.
I KNOW DM has to carry on the business of national defense. BUT it IS VERY annoying. ipso facto.
it's a fact. they ARE noisy. get over it.
malaki

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2009

Patti Foster wrote:
<quoted text>
you feel a NEED to belittle others to make yourself feel important??
I'm FAR from retarded. NYC has nada to do with jets going over Davis Monthan.
Just because I don't want to CHANGE the topic, you abuse me? THAT shows your mentality troll.
geez- Topix is SOO full of trolls. it's infested with trolls. It ought to be called it trollix. Never in my life have I been on such hateful forums. Do you people like ANYONE who disagrees with you? Jesus help us...and Jesus IS the only hope we have. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto YOU" Do any of you EVER heed Jesus' words?
I didn't come in here to start a fight or to be abused. Get a life miserable person.
Wahh...Wahhh...Wahhhh. Just like you to play the "abuse" card right? Nobody cannot disagree with YOU, lest you say they are abusing you, etc. Wow, you even bring Jesus into your incoherent, idiotic rant. That was particularly amusing. I did not bring anything off topic, I merely challenged you on your views. You said it is loud and you are whining about the jets, I say that the needs of the Air Force to train trumps your dislike of loud noises. You say "wahhh, they use too much fuel!" I say good, jets do need fuel to run after all right? Plus they need the fuel to train and *gasp* defend U.S. airspace! As for the NYC flyover, you can read the news on that one and YOU TELL ME if that usage of jet fuel was worth it? My guess is that it requires too much REASON for you to give me an answer. Keep on playing the victim. I will challenge you on any of your views, if you don't like it, f'cking get over it. Democracy is about voicing your opinions, not falling into line like nice little lemmings.

“STOP THE HATE”

amorica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

malaki wrote:
<quoted text>
Wahh...Wahhh...Wahhhh. Just like you to play the "abuse" card right? Nobody cannot disagree with YOU, lest you say they are abusing you, etc. Wow, you even bring Jesus into your incoherent, idiotic rant. That was particularly amusing. I did not bring anything off topic, I merely challenged you on your views. You said it is loud and you are whining about the jets, I say that the needs of the Air Force to train trumps your dislike of loud noises. You say "wahhh, they use too much fuel!" I say good, jets do need fuel to run after all right? Plus they need the fuel to train and *gasp* defend U.S. airspace! As for the NYC flyover, you can read the news on that one and YOU TELL ME if that usage of jet fuel was worth it? My guess is that it requires too much REASON for you to give me an answer. Keep on playing the victim. I will challenge you on any of your views, if you don't like it, f'cking get over it. Democracy is about voicing your opinions, not falling into line like nice little lemmings.
LMFAO!!!!
Troll. what a WASTE of cyberspace.
hahahahahaha
:P
malaki

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

Patti Foster wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO!!!!
Troll. what a WASTE of cyberspace.
hahahahahaha
:P
LOL, love your magnificent reply, its just like a Liberal :D

“STOP THE HATE”

amorica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2009

Today there was a few loud flyovers...but, in the end it's DON'T MESS WITH TUCSON! We've got fighter jets in our airspace all day everyday
Oh SNAP

Green Valley, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

You guys should come over to the Bisbee Forum and look at some of Patti Fosters craziness. She accuses EVERYONE of being a meth-head (something SHE is well known for). She attacks EVERYONE and just yesterday claimed she was calling the FBI on all of us who post on Topix.
Here's just one example out of hundreds.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/bisbee-az/TG4...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tucson International Airport Discussions

Search the Tucson International Airport Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Giffords calls for information on noise of F-35 (Feb '10) Feb '10 Triple D 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••