State announces expansion of Preschoo...

State announces expansion of Preschool for All program in the metro-east

There are 6 comments on the Belleville News story from Sep 11, 2008, titled State announces expansion of Preschool for All program in the metro-east. In it, Belleville News reports that:

Ten metro-east early childhood centers will either open or expand under Preschool for All, a program designed to offer a high-quality preschool education to 3- and 4-year-old children, Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Belleville News.

OLD TIMER

Waterloo, IL

#1 Sep 11, 2008
THAT IS GREAT I HEARD ONE IN DUPO GOT THE FUNDING.
KEEP IT GOING.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#2 Sep 12, 2008
That's good. Is it going to be available to all children or only underprivileged kids or kids that need extra help? When I lived in Flora my daughter was allowed to go to pre-K when she was 3 because she was so advanced. But here I've been told that my son won't be able to start when he's 3 because he doesn't need the extra help - he just turned 2 and knows his shapes, colors, numbers, alphabet, he's 75% potty trained & is starting to read & recognize letters. So he's too smart for pre-K... I want to nurture his gift, not hold him back while the others catch up!!!
who told you this

Plano, TX

#3 Sep 12, 2008
did the school tell you this or someone else. when he's old enough to go to preschool i'd take him to screening and not go by the word of what other people tell you

Location hidden

#4 Sep 12, 2008
I was first told by a mom who had taken her child for screening and they said they only take them at 3 if they need the extra help, and then a person at the school told me the same thing. I will definitely still take him in for screening next summer, but if they turn him down I will be very disappointed! It's not an immediate concern though; I'll worry about it when the time comes.
Angie

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Sep 12, 2008
Do you work outside of Dupo or are you a stay at home mom? If you work outside of Dupo, can you look for pre-K places around your work? If you're a stay at home mom, do you have to do pre-K in Dupo? Sorry, I'm not a mom and I have no idea but I just thought I'd bring up the question.

Location hidden

#7 Sep 13, 2008
Angie wrote:
Do you work outside of Dupo or are you a stay at home mom? If you work outside of Dupo, can you look for pre-K places around your work? If you're a stay at home mom, do you have to do pre-K in Dupo? Sorry, I'm not a mom and I have no idea but I just thought I'd bring up the question.
I work in The Lou. So I'm sure anything there would be $$$$$$$$$$ I'll just keep him at Lee's until he's big enough for school. They actually do a lot with him there; it's pretty much like preschool! But my checkbook will be happy when he's old enough for public school :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scott Air Force Base Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Airman David Helm disappears just before child ... (Sep '15) Mar '17 Anon 2
News What is that? Strange light spotted above Gatew... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Spotted Girl 5
News Marine general to be tapped to lead Joint Chiefs (May '15) May '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 2
News Base competes for new Air Force center (Nov '14) Nov '14 Elise Gingerich 1
News Costello Hired To Promote Scott AFB (Nov '13) Nov '13 Teri Davis Newman 1
News Huge mass of commuters show economic links betw... (Apr '13) Apr '13 tcb 4
News U.S. Rep. Enyart to hold news conference today ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Brian 3
More from around the web