Air Force, in reversal, will discharge lesbian officer

Apr 19, 2010 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: www.q13fox.com

Reversing an earlier decision, the Air Force said Monday it intends to discharge a lesbian Air Force officer who had remained in the military despite openly declaring her homosexuality.

An Air Force general earlier this year concluded that Lt. Robin R. Chaurasiya should not be discharged, saying she had declared her sexual orientation for the purpose of avoiding military service.

But after Chaurasiya spoke publicly about that decision, the Air Force it announced a further review. On Monday, Air Force officials told Chaurasiya that a more senior officer, Gen. Raymond E. Johns Jr., reversed the earlier decision and recommended she be honorably discharged.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
pauline 2

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Keep her, she owes 20 G's and they owe her the guaranteed employment until its paid back.

Guarantees work both ways.

Since: Jan 08

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Okay, Obama enthusiasts, defend him on this one. (and pretend he hasn't thrown us under the bus)
pauline 2

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Dubya wrote:
Okay, Obama enthusiasts, defend him on this one.(and pretend he hasn't thrown us under the bus)
She isn't out yet.

Wait a week.

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2010

pauline 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
She isn't out yet.
Wait a week.
Do you honestly think Obama is going to do anything honorable? He hasn't yet, and he's had plenty of chances. But, let's wait a week, and then I want to hear the deluded pollyannas defend him.
pauline 2

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2010

Dubya wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly think Obama is going to do anything honorable? He hasn't yet, and he's had plenty of chances. But, let's wait a week, and then I want to hear the deluded pollyannas defend him.
lets talk about it when she is didcharged. And we know if she actually wanted out, or some bigot in the military is prying to make a point.

Since: Apr 07

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2010

Judged:

LOL, god, this is such a goddamn medieval, filthy witch hunt. In 2010. In the United States "military." Bunch of spineless goddamn pussies. WOW. I hope I never stop being shocked at what a witch hunt this is, in modern-day America.

I *know* I'll never stop seeing these "military honchos" as spineless wusses and children completely *lacking* in courage or any kind of integrity, no problem there. I see them as so dishonorable that I have come to theorize that their "military mantras" are actually their attempts to convince themselves. And I don't give a **** what happens in their efforts overseas. Don't you DARE tell me to honor, care about or support my military when it doesn't honor those who are supporting and working for it.

WORKING FOR IT. RISKING THEIR LIVES FOR IT.

Witch hunt, pure and simple. Stupid, unfettered, spineless filth.

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2010

pauline 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
lets talk about it when she is didcharged. And we know if she actually wanted out, or some bigot in the military is prying to make a point.
And when she is discharged will you "talk about it", or will you want to sweep it under the rug again? Will you give me an apology, or will you even be around?
pauline 2

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2010

Dubya wrote:
<quoted text>
And when she is discharged will you "talk about it", or will you want to sweep it under the rug again? Will you give me an apology, or will you even be around?
See Obama's remarks from today. He was at a Boxer rally.

Since: Jul 09

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2010

rdg1234 wrote:
LOL, god, this is such a goddamn medieval, filthy witch hunt. In 2010. In the United States "military." Bunch of spineless goddamn pussies. WOW. I hope I never stop being shocked at what a witch hunt this is, in modern-day America.
I *know* I'll never stop seeing these "military honchos" as spineless wusses and children completely *lacking* in courage or any kind of integrity, no problem there. I see them as so dishonorable that I have come to theorize that their "military mantras" are actually their attempts to convince themselves. And I don't give a **** what happens in their efforts overseas. Don't you DARE tell me to honor, care about or support my military when it doesn't honor those who are supporting and working for it.
WORKING FOR IT. RISKING THEIR LIVES FOR IT.
Witch hunt, pure and simple. Stupid, unfettered, spineless filth.
You are so right!

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

pauline 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
See Obama's remarks from today. He was at a Boxer rally.
Right. He talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk. Blah, blah, blah...
pauline 2

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Dubya wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. He talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk. Blah, blah, blah...
If he is worse than any other choice vote for them.

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

pauline 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
If he is worse than any other choice vote for them.
With the attitude of you and others no wonder Obama has done almost nothing; he doesn't have to! You'll make excuses and laugh at the bus tire treads on your face. No wonder we're remaining second class citizens with second class attitudes like yours! He can call off enforcing federal marijuana laws but people's lives are being ruined by DADT. Why don't you ask this lady what effect being kicked out by the Air Force is going to have on her? But it's okay; Obama is in charge! Your attitude really makes me want to puke!
pauline 2

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

Dubya wrote:
<quoted text>
With the attitude of you and others no wonder Obama has done almost nothing; he doesn't have to! You'll make excuses and laugh at the bus tire treads on your face. No wonder we're remaining second class citizens with second class attitudes like yours! He can call off enforcing federal marijuana laws but people's lives are being ruined by DADT. Why don't you ask this lady what effect being kicked out by the Air Force is going to have on her? But it's okay; Obama is in charge! Your attitude really makes me want to puke!
So?

putting the military in a position to make political decisions doesn't do this?

It is amazing how we do not mention the advances in GLBT relations and the military. When Clinton could not get equality for us he at least made a middle of the road stand. Obama has taken it to the far curb already. One step at a time, with the new congress coming in in January there will be many changes.

If this had not been a high profile case she would be still sitting it out and no senior officer would have been asked.

If you can get more out of a republican then vote for them.

Try working with those making changes, stop demanding that everyone be on your side. Both sides have arguements. The winner will have to face the GLBT and the looser will have to pay the piper.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Scott Air Force Base Discussions

Search the Scott Air Force Base Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Costello Hired To Promote Scott AFB (Nov '13) Nov '13 Teri Davis Newman 1
Huge mass of commuters show economic links betw... (Apr '13) Apr '13 tcb 4
U.S. Rep. Enyart to hold news conference today ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Brian 3
Dayton defense companies part of Air Force advi... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Retard Republicun 2
'They want jobs': Larry Rice leads homeless gro... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Blues Dot Com 1
Clinton County companies admit to harboring ill... (Jun '12) Jun '12 tomin cali 3
Hail Repair from USAA (May '12) May '12 Business Exec 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••