Colorado Springs Charity Leader Dies

Colorado Springs Charity Leader Dies

There are 2 comments on the KRDO-TV Colorado Springs story from Jan 4, 2010, titled Colorado Springs Charity Leader Dies. In it, KRDO-TV Colorado Springs reports that:

Colorado Springs lost one of its great, philanthropic leaders this week. Retired Air Force Colonel Joe Henjum reportedly passed away at his home on Friday, after a long battle with cancer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KRDO-TV Colorado Springs.

Dylan David Henjum Kern

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Jan 6, 2010
This is Dylan Kern, Joe Henjum's grandson. He was my best friend. When I needed help I would ask for it and he would help me. When I needed a ride somewhere he would take me to that place, then bring me home. I miss him as a person but he is still with me and all of us that love him in our hearts and all around us. Love his grandson Dylan.
Theresa Gittleman

Colorado Springs, CO

#2 Jan 6, 2010
We can all keep Joe alive in our hearts by doing what he did. Serving others and never complaining. I dont think I ever saw him frown or complain once. He truly loved God, his Country,family & friends with a selfless zeal I have never seen in anyone else.
He will be missed greatly by my husband and I. He was such a role model and inspiration. His passion was re leaving suffering where ever he saw it. We truly have lost a great patriot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peterson Air Force Base Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Officer: Military adultery ban is unfair to het... Jun '16 nanoanomaly 1
News Nuclear Bunker Turns 50 Mar '16 4 the record 1
News Iconic Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station cele... Mar '16 4 the record 1
News Take a tour in the 'last resort bunker': Milita... Mar '16 4 the record 1
News Iconic Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station cele... Mar '16 4 the record 1
News 50 Colorado Sheriffs Oppose Guantanamo Detainee... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Unlisted Internet... 1
News Fort Carson soldiers train to stay healthy whil... (Oct '14) Nov '14 Scorned 8
More from around the web