In North Korea's backyard, US spy plane famed for Cold War-era pilot capture still flying high

Full story: The Washington Post

OSAN AIR BASE, South Korea - As a sleek black U-2 roars back from a mission, Pontiac cars zoom along the runway to help it touch down using a method unchanged for more than 50 years ago when this Cold War-era aircraft was cutting-edge. - In this photo taken on Feb.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Arrow

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2012

“Free Speeech in a Free World ”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2012

I have a question.
What's to stop the Noth Koreans from using the spy planes as target practise seeing they are in Korean airspace, spying which is frowned on.

“If you believe it, stand by it”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2012

Neville Thompson wrote:
I have a question.
What's to stop the Noth Koreans from using the spy planes as target practise seeing they are in Korean airspace, spying which is frowned on.
That's always an option. But, these pilots signed up to do this. And, also remember, everyone is spying on everyone else. I guess we just "frown" at one another and keep on keeping on.

“Free Speeech in a Free World ”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2012

seedtick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's always an option. But, these pilots signed up to do this. And, also remember, everyone is spying on everyone else. I guess we just "frown" at one another and keep on keeping on.
Wouldn't the world look better if each country just frowned at each other in times of stress ?

“If you believe it, stand by it”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2012

Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't the world look better if each country just frowned at each other in times of stress ?
I absolutely agree. But, when did you ever see and opportunity to do that? Not in our lifetime we haven't.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Osan Air Base Discussions

Search the Osan Air Base Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
!! be aware !! boston suit tailor Apr 18 Waydizzle 1
611 mass (Sep '09) Oct '13 Phasegap 2
Car Stereo Install (Sep '13) Oct '13 Dylan 2
Guide to Seoul (Sep '13) Sep '13 Danger Ranger 2
Motor Scooter Insurance (Jul '13) Jul '13 John 1
U.S. air force conducted illegal probe on Korea... (Jul '13) Jul '13 John 1
1980 Osan Women's Softball Team (Jun '13) Jun '13 Tinker Mass 1
•••
•••