Should Soldiers Be Armed At Military Posts?

Apr 3, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: National Public Radio

For John Lott, Wednesday's mass shooting at Fort Hood was a test of personal beliefs that struck uncomfortably close to home.

Comments
41 - 60 of 85 Comments Last updated Apr 6, 2014

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

radiofreeamerica wrote:
<quoted text>I like number 88746.Let me quote part of your last sentence..."no matter where soldiers and sailors."-and thats the end of the sentence.Do you find writing difficult,dear?
She steps on her tongue, when it's not slurping da boys juice.
cancer suxs

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
How many bases were there when the bill of rights was written?
When written?

Yes how many rounds could be fired in a minute at most back then?

If you want to do the way back game. When founders wrote the Constitution did they have any idea one day a single gun held by a single person could kill dozens if not hundreds in a 5 minute period?

Did the founding fathers ever think one day there would be cities the size we have and all the dangers we now face?

Bad idea to play way back game.. In time of our founding fathers people owned people and only rich white land owners could vote. Oh and it was very common at that time for a 30-40 year old man to marry a 13-14 year old girl he bought from her father for few goats or sheep or cows...WANT TO GO BACK TO THOSE TIMES?
Keith

Wahiawa, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
How do the police know pookie. Check Mate.
The police know because the guy with the gun that isn't a cop in a gun free zone is the bad guy.
Keith

Wahiawa, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
How many bases were there when the bill of rights was written?
What does that have to do with the here and now? Reality is that not all of the bill of rights apply to those that live, work and visit military bases, how many areas that was dedicated to soldiers duties and living is utterly pointless.

Perhaps you are ignorant of this fact because you never served or know anyone that served or live, worked or visited military bases. I bet you don't even know what that sign means when it says "authorized to use lethal force" means do you? Do you know that just being in the restricted space they can simply shoot you even if you are on your knees and surrendering without being a threat and they will not nor can not be held legally responsible for your death.
Cat74

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

I thought Barack was supposed to take care of work place killing after the last killing spree. This is how well respected our new laws are on the base. What new laws? That is it, nothing has been done to prevent this kind of serial murder.
Truth it

Vernon Rockville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
I thought Barack was supposed to take care of work place killing after the last killing spree. This is how well respected our new laws are on the base. What new laws? That is it, nothing has been done to prevent this kind of serial murder.
You’re right – Obama should push hard to get and keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill.

But all you irrational Obama-haters would never go along as you’d be among the first ones to be disarmed.
Cat74

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

We already have laws to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally challenged. We need laws to take the crazies off the street. Can't do that, they are the Democrat voting base.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>
When written?
Yes how many rounds could be fired in a minute at most back then?
If you want to do the way back game. When founders wrote the Constitution did they have any idea one day a single gun held by a single person could kill dozens if not hundreds in a 5 minute period?
Did the founding fathers ever think one day there would be cities the size we have and all the dangers we now face?
Bad idea to play way back game.. In time of our founding fathers people owned people and only rich white land owners could vote. Oh and it was very common at that time for a 30-40 year old man to marry a 13-14 year old girl he bought from her father for few goats or sheep or cows...WANT TO GO BACK TO THOSE TIMES?
If what you type is right the tragedy is there are still many people who are violent or have tendencies towards violence. For all of the weapons that are owned in America, deaths are miniscule in comparison. As regards to the young person marriage sentence, the pedophile business and sexual promiscuity of young teenagers is quite active today.
Truth it

Vernon Rockville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> If what you type is right the tragedy is there are still many people who are violent or have tendencies towards violence. For all of the weapons that are owned in America, deaths are miniscule in comparison. As regards to the young person marriage sentence, the pedophile business and sexual promiscuity of young teenagers is quite active today.
"sexual promiscuity of young teenagers is quite active today."

You undoubtedly know this from your frequent toe-tapping misadventures in public men's rooms.
see the light

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Keith wrote:
<quoted text>
What are they going to do when they have that weapon? Both instances took place with soldiers attacking soldiers, both while in uniform. So tell me smart guy, who's going to know who is shooting whom?
What a wonderful idea to put everyone in the same clothing and arm them with guns and then try to filter out who is shooting whom in a middle of a firefight in an urban environment. I wonder if you could tell who is the one that started what if you just entered a building? hell if you just entered a room?
Heck if I wanted to start a small war on base if they are all armed I would form a group of maybe 4 take some fireworks and knife, cut ourselves some, pop some fireworks off and run around screaming that there are a group of soldiers shooting people, repeat this in 4 locations and make sure to point at the other building where one of your buddies are telling the same story and watch the firefight begin.
Rinse and repeat and you have at least day long maybe two day long chaotic mess that would have to be sorted out without anyone knowing what really happened. Hell toss in a story that it was a soldier dressed in an MP uniform and you could have a stand off for even longer.
But as long as they have their guns then it's all worth it, so they killed a few people that were innocent and were just looking to protect others in the process because someone told them lie.
Never mind that you completely missed the point about what an MP's job is like. What seems to be the problem with people like you is that you think that being armed is going to solve all the problems.
I especially liked you heaping this on the president, like he was the one checking cars at the gate for firearms. I hold him accountable for this like I hold a gun shop owner for selling guns perfectly legally to someone,which is none. Who is to blame, the person using the gun or the gun owner for selling him the gun?
There's many responsible people who own guns but don't go around shooting. You can't blame the store owner, unless he doesn't do back ground check. But that doesn't help much. Its our mental health facilities. If these people wouldn't be turned away and get needed help-these things wouldn't happen.
Truth it

Vernon Rockville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Oh that was you sucking off one of those little dead kids at the school in the land of Lanzas! Saul Alinsky lives!.....fencewalkers....Sau l says, "Judgment must be made in the context of the times in which the action occurred and not from any other chronological vantage point".
I must have touched a guilt nerve with the men's room comment. I figured as much.
Truth it

Vernon Rockville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> The priaprism of those little mus thav eset you off. sucking their prebuscent weiners while sticking your fingers up their azzes was something for your diary. Hey, if you murder you must while take the whole package as rigor mortis was taken hold. What would any diseased progressive do, right?...Saul Alinsky lives!...fencewalkers.....Saul says, "Concern with ethics increases with the number of means available and vice versa".
Are you a registered sex offender?
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

Truth it wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a registered sex offender?
Are you showing interest? Huh? You little snickerdoodle!..Saul Alinsky lives!....fencewalkers....Saul says, "Generally success or failure is a mighty detriment of ethics".
Truth it

Vernon Rockville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Are you showing interest? Huh? You little snickerdoodle!..Saul Alinsky lives!....fencewalkers....Saul says, "Generally success or failure is a mighty detriment of ethics".
A reasonable question considering the bizarre thoughts you type out. A question I'm sure your neighbors and local PD know the answer to.
radiofreeamerica

Tarpon Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
She steps on her tongue, when it's not slurping da boys juice.
We may have found a new mental condition-wheres the Surgeon General?=LOL
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

Truth it wrote:
<quoted text>
A reasonable question considering the bizarre thoughts you type out. A question I'm sure your neighbors and local PD know the answer to.
Your a fagu that puts your agenda above the good of a nation while calling others who disagree with you names for not agreeing with you. At least the area I live in didn't have a progressive psycho that is bred in your neck of the woods kill a whole bunch of innocent children. Cowards like you let that happen. Its hard to forgive that. Saul Alinsky lives!
Truth it

Vernon Rockville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Your a fagu that puts your agenda above the good of a nation while calling others who disagree with you names for not agreeing with you. At least the area I live in didn't have a progressive psycho that is bred in your neck of the woods kill a whole bunch of innocent children. Cowards like you let that happen. Its hard to forgive that. Saul Alinsky lives!
You don't "disagree" Major. You judge based on ignorance, bigotry and sanctimonious BS of the highest order. BTW, Nancy Lanza was a paranoid, fright-wing doomsday prepper - just like you.

lol
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

Truth it wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't "disagree" Major. You judge based on ignorance, bigotry and sanctimonious BS of the highest order. BTW, Nancy Lanza was a paranoid, fright-wing doomsday prepper - just like you.
lol
Saul Alinsky lives!...fencewalkers....Saul says, "You do what you can with what you have and clothe it with moral arguments".
Truth it

Vernon Rockville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Saul Alinsky lives!...fencewalkers....Saul says, "You do what you can with what you have and clothe it with moral arguments".
Major Copy & Paste - I accept your surrender.

lol
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

Truth it wrote:
<quoted text>
Major Copy & Paste - I accept your surrender.
lol
Saul Alinsky lives!....fencewalkers......Sa ul says, "Goals must be phrased in general terms like 'Liberty, Equality, Fraternity,''Of the Common Welfare,''Pursuit of Happiness', or 'Bread and Peace.'"...prepare yourselves..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••